Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GunGame Map Rotations

xx0wnsxy

Exclamation GunGame Map Rotations

Hey All,

It's Owns. I recently (a couple of weeks ago) began playing Gungame again, as L4D and other games have lost their wow factor. Well, since coming back I have noticed that there are only 4 maps in the rotation which get played. Run n Gun, Weaver Close Combat (Every 10 minutes), Minesweeper, and Aim_Shotty..with the occasional stray map (such as deagle or poolday) added to the rotation. This rotation is done completely by RTV, and where as it used to tell the players that "This map has been played recently", it does not anymore, and it leaves those of us who just played a map that they vote for, to either leave or wait it out.

Now, I can understand that people like these maps, but what about those of us who want some variety? We get told to "stop complaining" and "leave if we don't like it". I beg of whoever has the power to do so, to bring back the RTV app which would not allow a map to be played within a certain amount of time.

I have dealt with it long enough and decided now, to voice my opinion on the lack of variety on the GG server. Old maps such as stone world, and all of the other ones have become forgotten to the 4 maps that keep getting played over and over and over, and it becomes a bit sickening and repetitive.

It's this bad, Yesterday, Killer had to manually change the map to a different one, as he knew that they RTV'd to the same maps over and over. I'm sorry if the "players want it this way", but there are many who don't and I am one. How about a little variety people?

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

i am working on getting someone in the mix that can change up gungame more then i have to this point but right now im limited on time to do this till this week end
    ------------------------------------------------

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

------------------------------------------------
    \\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

Inactive Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:19132046

I do agree with this. It does get very annoying playing the same maps, and many of our super long term regs will bitch about it quite a bit. I don't know if it's possible to keep maps out of the RTV list if they were played recently if we have nominate available??

Maybe we can just disable the nominate feature... Let the RTV maps auto-populate. If we have someone keeping the maps current anyways I think that it would be fine. The regs could RTV if they didn't like a map but it would limit the ability to keep going back to the same maps. We have a good number of good maps on. The last ones that we just added have gotten some great feedback so far.

Just a though.

CaNNoN fOddEr Kung Fu Master SmurfSniper's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:20295429

yea... what drink said :P

Inactive Trailor Trash
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13039896

^^^^ what they said. as per what owns said. we went right back to the map we just played so i changed it to play hard. some liked it some didn't. you can make every one happy. but for the most part people understood.
    Blaming a gun for killing someone is like blaming a pencil for a miss spelled word.

B-Rabbit

i know what your saying and it gets on my nerves sometimes. but the reason people play noob is because the players have the ability to vote for certain their opinions. ive played on noob for a couple of years and after awhile a new map will come up, taking place of one of the previous favorites.
    the reason why these maps are so popular is because they are maps which make it difficult to camp. alot of the maps are two big and make games last over 20 mins. gungame should be quick and chaotic. i say keep it the way it is. unless your able to create something which prevents the same map being played twice in a row, i say keep the way it is.

HlStats

uh..... weaver has a huge camping prob... lol and its done a lot, they go to the bottom area and wait for people to drop down... shotty there is 2 places to camp but it is very hard to pull it off so I agree on that one, deagle yea just look at it lol.. I love all these maps but the only one that really fits what your saying with the camping is shotty... I really dont think it has anything to do with it at all... like I said once before some people play them SO MUCH that they know what to expect outta those maps they know where they are gonna get shot from they know every angle of the maps so they want to continously play them to keep a good score. I like being able to see how many kills I have and how many wins I have but rank means absolutely nothing to me so I dont care if my score is bad.
    I agree with drink on this 100% take away nominate this way we are not playing the same maps over and over again... and make it to where once a map is played it cant be played again for at least a couple hours this way it gives all maps a chance... I know we are constantly going to here SHOTTY or WEAVER but the same 4 maps are played constantly... Right now we got several new GOOD maps that everyone seems to like but you always have the ones that are going to ruin it and spam RTV till everyone does and then we end up right back on weaver... I wish people would just let people think for themselves... let them decide on what they want, if they want the rtv... they will (I know that may have been a little off subject)
    as far as the maps go ownsy we know its happening and we are trying to do something about it... drink has put A LOT of time into finding better maps and I have been trying to help him as well. we spent days trying to round up maps to test and figure out what maps are no good. but all in all it takes time and its going to take more than just Owners, Jr Owners, and admins to fix this.... even the Regulars need to be helping with this and give all maps a chance and let us know if they are bad or good.
    Last edited by SmurfSniper; 05-08-2009 at 12:11 AM.

xx0wnsxy

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rabbit View Post
    i know what your saying and it gets on my nerves sometimes. but the reason people play noob is because the players have the ability to vote for certain their opinions. ive played on noob for a couple of years and after awhile a new map will come up, taking place of one of the previous favorites.
    the reason why these maps are so popular is because they are maps which make it difficult to camp. alot of the maps are two big and make games last over 20 mins. gungame should be quick and chaotic. i say keep it the way it is. unless your able to create something which prevents the same map being played twice in a row, i say keep the way it is.
    It doesn't matter why they are popular. There are some of us who want to play more than 4 maps, and I don't enjoy playing the same map in the one hour I play a day, sorry. This needs fixed.

To Smurf: My issue is not with the map list. My issue is with the fact that there is nothing stopping ppl from rtving to whatever maps they want. Take nominate away, so that maps can't be played so close together, and I'm happy. Perhaps there is another solution, but this seems like an easy fix.

HlStats

yeah I know what you meant ownsy.... most of that was just my thoughts right now and wasnt directed at you, I personally think that taking away nominate may help but getting maps that people like may also help

Zeus

I think you guys hit it right on the nail, take nominate away and also, maybe you guys could put some maps up on the forums for us regulars to look at and vote on possibly. This maybe a way of getting good maps back on to gun game. Just putting an idea out there..

-Zeus
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's two maps you should definately put on it's called gg_dustpit and gg_fy_iceworld which is similar to cs 1.5 iceworld which would be awesome for gungame. I also looked around a bit at other servers with maps and had some consideration... gg_bluearena, gg_simpsons_arena, gg_fy_brickworld_final, gg_circular, and gg_super_mario_reloaded all of these would be outstanding maps I think for your gungame server. The first two on top though would really be great. If you can't find any of these I can upload if need be but i'd definately check out gg_dustpit and gg_fy_iceworld they are perfect for gungame.
    Last edited by Zeus; 05-09-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information