Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Persons Allowed ^_^

h00kah

Default Max Persons Allowed ^_^

Alright I think that CS_office should NOT have 44 people running around inside the map. Let alone I don't think our server can handle 44 people anyway, making the whole problem that much worse. So I'm proposing to lower the max number of people allowed to join the server.

I've talked to some regs, like myself, no i don't talk to myself..whatever, but they also believe that we should lower it because of the lag issues and whatever else reasons they may have. Now, the ultimate decision is really up to sio but I'm hoping that we can get a large number of the regulars to post here and express their opinion because I really do not have much fun when the server is lagging.

I tried the poll thing on the forums and it's being gay so just reply to this and let me know what you guys think!!

Also: Suggest what the max number of people should be. I'm thinking 30 would be a good number but let me know! ANNDDDDDD Express your feelings on all-talk..I also want it setup so you can only talk to your team while alive and only talk to dead while dead.

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:9332709

well i cant tell u guys much about any lag if the server is full cause i dont like playing that much ppl when there are more then 30 ppl i dont rly wanna play there then that doesnt mean that i dont like our servers
    but id say 36 like on unlimited would be cool
    [CENTER][url=http://www.finalbattleground.com/profile/Sajora/][img]http://sig.finalbattleground.com/p/3588.jpg[/img][/url]

[URL=http://img594.imageshack.us/i/sajoraforum.jpg/][IMG]http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3315/sajoraforum.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[url=http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=54][img]http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/sig-54-random.png[/img][/url][/CENTER]

BraveToaster

Default Max Persons Aloud

I agree.

Konkave

I agree with hook. Its been lagging worse lately and i dont like it! i would like to see it come down to 30-36.

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Doesn't lag when I'm there...

Iunno guys like the whole point of our servers is to have them jam-packed, and currently reg office and Dust 2 are the only ones that do that. Zombie Mod's coming back though. But still we want more players cuz more players means more regulars and more regs means less mic spamming bullshit and more potential admins right. So I doubt that we'd lower the player cap, but maybe there is some other stuff we can do to the server to improve lag when its full?
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

pooptastic

just play all by yourself. that way the lag is at a minimum and you can run around the map all you want. i do it whenever i get sick of the lag.

h00kah

Yeah like stop running Windows 95 on the server! ..jk Sio.

I see where your coming from but the people that want change ARE the regulars..listen to the people!!

N/U Jr. Owner Trailor Trash Seraphim's Avatar

While I can see and understand the need to have the servers as packed as possible, something has to be done about the lag. The other day, I was curious, and I went to several random servers with high populations like Reg Office's at peak time (as I wanted to know what was causing the steady increases of lag I've been seeing over the last few months), and I didn't lag anywhere (relatively speaking, anyway), except one place (but then again, that particular server had almost 50 people, I had a ping of almost 400, and I think it was located in Malaysia)- and even then, the one round I *was* able to play on that server before getting kicked was equivalent to the lag I see with 30 people on Reg Office (and I have an average of a ping of 50 there, I think). Mind you, I tested this on my computer, not Scribe's.

When Scribe and I were setting up our server, I did some reading up (as we were trying to do some optimization), and one issue that causes server lag is the caching of people's sprays, and that purging this cache every now and then would free up system resources... might this be part of the lag that's seen? I mean, as many regulars and random pubs that visit daily, I could imagine it to get quite huge...

Thing is... is quality needs to take priority over quantity. I don't know about anyone else, but if nothing about it can be fixed, I would prefer to see 2 Reg Offices, each with 30 people (or even 20 people) where no one with a half-decent computer sees lag, than 1 40-man Reg Office where everyone, even those with top-of-the-line computers, complains about how bad the lag is. ...What good is a 40-man server, when all the regulars have left, and pubs don't become regulars, because the lag is too intolerable? ...imho, it is better to be "best" as opposed to just "biggest" (of course, being both is good too... ^_~).

Edit: As for all-talk, I wouldn't have a problem if people would just follow the rules. However, people don't. And then there's certain people who never seem to die, but don't know when to stop talking either... and because it's generally about in-game issues or otherwise relevant, I can't very well mute them either... and to make it worse, they tend to talk to the dead, and the dead can't really reply in text to the living, so that's a rather sucky dilemma... and the people in D2 are asking for team-chat/dead-chat to be turned back on again (and as much as people in there incessantly talk, I don't blame them one bit)... I think that, if there was a way an admin could still retain or toggle all-talk (hearing and being able to speak to both teams, as well as both the living and the dead... mayhaps, team while alive, all when dead... could something like this be made as a plug-in or scripted?), it would be better to have team-chat/dead-chat as opposed to all-talk. That way, we'd only have to deal with people who won't STFU period and music spammers (who really are relatively few and far between), as opposed to people who won't STFU while dead (which everyone who uses a mic regularly has been guilty of, at one point or another).

Experiencing synaptic difficulties, please stand by...

NoSympathy

if the server is full there is no reason why it should have less people imo. lag comes with pubbing, theres nothing to do to stop it.

h00kah

Quote Originally Posted by NoSympathy
    if the server is full there is no reason why it should have less people imo. lag comes with pubbing, theres nothing to do to stop it.
    That's exactly my point. It could be full, and have 30 people with no lag.. Or be full and have 44 people with a bunch of lag. I don't see what's wrong with lowering the Player Number.

Thread Information