Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Max Persons Allowed ^_^

Trailor Trash

Guy/Gals I'm with Sio and Pastiez on the server staying as a 44 man server. As for all-talk. I do not want it changed.. I know some people can be difficult to deal with sometime's but you guys/gals aren't admin's so you don't see what other effect's team talk causes.. So, let me demonstrate

Let's say you are playing and everything is fine. your on CT I'm on T.. someone comes in join's CT.. and they are spamming the frick outta the mic every round.. Guess what I can't hear them so you have to deal with it until someone tell's me/another admin. So that makes it difficult for me/other admin's to get problematic players out of the server in a short amount of time.

Some of the compliment's I have gotten were on the ability for we admin's in reg office to get rid of "mic spammers etc" ie. one of our regulars "OIL Valentino Rossi/cbr 954" And I like being able to talk to the other team. cause guess what if I'm on T and your on CT and you kill a hostie, I cant say "DON'T KILL HOSTIE'S"

So I am against team talk!

Sio/Pastiez I apologize for not responding sooner.. I've been busy with schoooool..
    [color=red][00:17] Wolfeh: Get clay to send me pics of his privates.[/color]
    [color=red][21:25:24] pasties was kicked from the server by player siosios (bitches like being slapped)[/color]
    [url=http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/75.126.43.191:27018/][img]http://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/0/FFFFFF/000000/0000FF/000000/75.126.43.191:27018.png[/img][/url]
    [url=http://n00b-unlimited.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php]
    [img]http://n00b-unlimited.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/25021_random.png[/img]
    [/url]
    [color=red]Kirk: Dude what movie is that in your sig with the bullet. that shit looks uber tight like a 13 year olds vagina.[/color]
    [color=red]enderless: I know. I totally didn't use the ! when i said N!gger, I FEEL SO NAUGHTY!!![/color]

g0d! Contributing Member siosios's Avatar
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:13488560
    Blog Entries

must not have been too busy becuase schoooool is only spelt with 2 o's
    ------------------------------------------------

|W0rd|SexualTurtletara420ת/ύ: Hey there daddy..

------------------------------------------------
    \\\ ///
    ( @ @ )
    .....o00o.(_).o00o.....

------------------------------------------

N/U Jr. Owner Trailor Trash Seraphim's Avatar

After checking out Sio's notes in the Tech Section, I've tweaked my system to what he's recommended, and I can play when there's 16 ppl to a side again, even 18 with some lag. Of course, I'm not seeing corpses, sprays, flashlights, or bullet holes, *but* it has helped my performance overall.

I would recommend it to anyone who has an ancient computer like mine, or is generally suffering from lag.

Experiencing synaptic difficulties, please stand by...

smiley

Kinda old but the lag issue still happens when the server gets to like 15+ people a team. I know myself I dont have the best computer but i played on n00bsalads office which only has about 28 players max and it runs much smoother then n00bunlimited's with 44 players max. Like Sera said having 2 reg office maps full with 28-30 and little to no lag is much better then having 1 server with 44 people and a lagfest.

Get_One

i have to say i agree with siosios on this one...

I have a nice computer...
    AMD X2 4200+
    2gb ram
    1900gt (overclocked)

and i bearly ever see lag...only when the nade spamming is blowing the shit out of office, and shits flying everywhere..
    U guys need to get off ur asses and BUY NEW COMPUTERS that arnt run by hampsters

Sincerly,

Get_One

ps: Dont be cheap bastards ))
    triple chin

N/U Special Forces
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:17034428

Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about computers. It's one of my goals for the summer. My older brother built this one. It's very nice and the only time I have trouble with lag is when I have internet problems - I'm in a frat. That said, there are both pluses and minuses to having 44 max.

Pros: It allows me to rape more people in any given round , and it helps to teach ppl patience, or how to aim well when rushing. Also, you get to meet more people and play with more of your friends. Two reg offices means the players get split. I kinda like playing with all of you guys, and I hate making tough decisions, like who's cooler than who. Like Sio said, there are ways to lower the lag and honestly, the server is hardly ever at full capacity.

Cons: Yes, there can be some lag and it can crowded. It's not always fun to look down long hall as CT and see 12 Ts staring back before your head pops. I wouldn't mind terribly having less people - greater mobility and it's easier to flank opposition.

But it's worked well so far, so I think we'll live. As for teamspeak, I agree with Clay. It's nice chatting with the other team as you kill them; I know I crack up a lot. And besides, it makes the game more fun and involves everyone as a whole, rather than as two seperate units. And if you really want to get strategic, you can use teamchat - remember that key "u"? - to type quick messages, i.e. "grg" or what-have-you. I've lived without a mic for quite a while now - yes I'll be getting one soon, don't worry. You all get to hear my pretty little voice. I'm a college kid, I'm poor. Not to mention, having all-talk really makes it easier for admin, and for us to say something to them. Question, though: if there were team-talk/dead-talk, t's and ct's could still type to one another, correct?

Anyways, that's what I think, so ha! Keep up the killing, I'll rape you soon.

~vince

royalewitcheese

I don't know. When the server gets close to full it always seems to be a t rapefest. I notice when its high in players the T's all bunch up with awps in long and projector all awping through their t folks. Makes it really difficult to even crack a shot off on ct side when you go to do anything to find 6/7 ts in one spot all firing awp shots at you and since we have no more blocking this gets mega exploited in places like long hall. Nothing better then attempting to fight a t armada in longhall to have multiple ts just ghost past the awpers spraying up longhall like valentino and even I do. If we cut down the server max a little I think this would help rectify to situation and free up movement space in office. Office has only so many spots for ts and cts to move and go to. 36 max seems promising to me.

As for the mic stuff, I really don't mind it much till everyone starts to add there 2 cents on when they die. Words like, "whatever, bullshit, garhrrh, omg, nice help team, stop camping" all are usually followed by "shut up". When 30+ folks start doing this, the mic seems to get very annoying then especially toward he end of a round where you kinda need to be able to hear. If yall could find a way for admins to be able to talk when dead but everyone else not to then I think there should be dead talk. If not, then we can just keep it as is.

On the lag issue, Higher numbers on server equals a higher probability of css players have lag issues. Nothing better then people whose computer that cannot handle all the fighting to stay in the server for hrs warping around corners. What really gets me on the lag is when 3/4 guys on either side ct or t decide to bust out machine guns and go to spamming bullets everywhere but there comp can't handle it so they go all glitchy and no one seems to be able to hit them cuz there hitboxes are all off. Another problem I have is those folks with 160+ ping popping in the server from around the globe or on dsl crap. Stuff never seems to register right on them. They don't seem to lag per say but bullets never seem to reach there target correctly on them. I kinda think this is due to the fact they ping is more sporadic as I notice these folks seem to spike up and down ranging from 152 ping up to 175.

NoSympathy

4 less people, really?

royalewitcheese

If its 36, I think we can stop with the run through people and return again to normal. Admins always say, "Awps are part of the game" but also is a physical teammate who you can't run through. If we lower it to 36 then turn back on the people bodies or whatever then it would force office to play like its suppose to. Office was not designed to allow every t to camp in projector room cuz there is not enough spots to camp there. It forces more people out of that room then inside. Seems to me the servers changed in a weird way and I think we should get back to normal. Pathboy stated to me, Well when we were normal all you heard was, "Get outta my spot, spot blocking etc." The irony of this is that this is part of the game. You don't wanna get blocked? Don't always crowd camping. Something just doesn't make sense. I am confused lol.

NoSympathy

i wouldn't play reg office if there was blocking again

Thread Information