Thread: Wireless connection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pwnerator
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:14506436

Quote Originally Posted by vince21 View Post
    yeah, wireless is secure. only 2 comps off of it, 1 connected directly to router and then mine is wireless. but it's definitely not close to my comp and my connection to it is usually very low. 1/4 bars. speed is shitty. like 1.0 mbps - 12.0 mbps normally. can get up to 48.0 mbps at times. just tired of constantly being kicked from servers, lagging, internet being shitty, etc. getting old. i'm going to have to get a router soon anyway, but i wasn't sure how big of a difference it would make now.
    Bro, seems like you already know your problem. can get up to 48 mbps.... but usually 12mbps..
    12 . mbps = shitty game play, maybe OK for surfing web, that that shit will get you killed.

Wireless N by linksys, is better than wireless G, i would keep your wireless usb adapter and get a new router, or maybe a modem/wireless router.

also, even if you did have a wireless signal at full strength you could get 12 mbps which still = shitty, because of what other people are doing with your bandwidth

New' routers do usually give you more zonage/area to go wireless in, but they also usually have a better send/receive speed... which usually means less loss of packets which will drop u from a server. i mean why increase the broadcast distance if the quality is going to suck right.
    Last edited by Mfh_Betts; 02-10-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Thread Information