WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW. Okie I get a call from Acer just now. I sent the monitor back right and I told them they fucked up and sent me the wrong like circuit board or whatever you know.

They call me back and are like sir you said we sent you back a different monitor and we received yours and it has the same serial number as before. I'm like yeah because you sent me back the same monitor frame and put in a shitty ass board.

Shes like blah blah blah I'll send an email to the repair center and blah blah this, We did send you back the same monitor with the same serial number blah blah this. I'm like LOOK HERE BITCH!!!! ( minus the bitch part ) you sent me back the same frame thats all. Shes like well you can go on our site and blah blah this, I'm like your site has been fucked up for like 2 weeks, cause it has... Im fucking mad YO. Shes like I'll see what I can do.... which means fucking nothing....

This support is fucking worse than Dell I think. I didn't even know that was possible. Nobody knows shit over there.