Thread: N/U needs help setting up training

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

@ Noogy:
    Zombie admins get their own special training. Not sure if it's written down though, but I think it's in a sticky in ZM. But basically their stuff is as follows...

- ZM is a no-steam server so Admins have to use sm_banip and should be trained with the sourcebans website.
    - You can't slay players on Zombie Mod. Try not to kill Zombies as an admin punishment, but burn Humans to death if they would otherwise be slayed on a normal server.
    - Zombies must do their jobs (no suicide and no screwing around)
    - Zombies don't have to attack Humans who are in illegal spots. If a Zombie is not doing their job, see the bit in Noogy's post about objective completion with the ZM footnote.
    - Humans can't be inside spots where Zombies have to crouch to get in.
    - Exceptions to this rule are spots where they are wide such that 3 zombies could all go in at once and they are not deeper than the height of a vending machine. An example of a spot like this that's legal is the warehouse on zm_winterfun.
    - Humans are not allowed to put props into vents where you have to crouch to get in or crawl through. (Like maybe a legal spot is at the end of a vent. Humans can't put props inside that portion.)
    - Humans can't shoot into vents like that either, unless there is another way to get into the room. An example is the roof of the cabin in zm_complication_v6. You can shoot the vent thing there because Zombies can also climb up the sign.
    - Humans can't camp in places that are more than 2 or 3 filing cabinets high off the ground if there is no other way of getting there (like a teleport or helicopter).
    - If a Human is breaking any of those vent-related or prop stacking rules, the steps are as follows:

1: Warn//Admin Chat
    - If they ignore u or don't respond, set them on fire until they pay attention.
    - If they still don't pay attention burn them to death.
    - If they do respond, tell them to get out. They must get out immediately. If there are Zombies outside and you think they can be given a chance to get out try it, but usually Zombies are dumb and will try to kill them. The Humans will just have to deal with dieing.
    2: If they go back to the same spot or a similar spot later, kick them from the server.
    3: If they come back and do it again warn them again, try to get their attention. If this means slapping or burning or whatever do it. I'd rather an Admin got through to someone than we just ban them when they don't respond.
    4: If that doesn't work, then ban for a day.

Players are allowed to use the mics at all times, so long as they follow these rules:
    1: Don't be excessively loud
    2: Only one person may use the mic at a time
    3: No Racism//Sexism like with normal servers
    If they break these rules, go with the default mic spam punishments.

- Players should not spam the !weapons menu
    1. Warn them not to spam weapons everywhere
    2. Burn them to death (only Humans can use it) if they keep doing it
    3. If they still don't stop kick them.
    4. Ban for a day if necessary.
    - Spamming counts as if they spawn like 5 or more guns that they are not going to use, especially of the same gun. This doesn't apply if they are giving them all to teammates.

No Barricade Breaking
    - Whoever gets to a spot first can set up a barricade there.
    - If other players arrive later it's the original player's decision whether to let them in or not.
    - Other players are not allowed to shoot or destroy a barricade unless the original players start to shoot it to let them in or they get confirmation from the original players that they can break the barricade to get in.

If a Human breaks a barricade not in accordance with the wishes of the player who set it up, here's what to do:
    1. Warn the player not to do that ever again. If the person whose barricade got broken gets killed by Zombies as a result, they might start saying things like "kill that guy" or "kick him" or whatever, which is reasonable given what just happened. If you have access, respawn the victim with sm_respawn and if possible help them get to a safe spot.
    2. If the player who broke the barricade does it again later, kick them from the server.
    3. When they come back, warn them again not to do that. If they do it again ban them for a day. Repeat offenders can be banned up to a week. If they are a repeat offender notify a Jr. Owner of the situation so that they might extend the ban or make it permanent.

But something different for ZM right now that I want all ZM admins to be clear on...
    Y'all gotta try to make sure that when someone breaks the rules and you're warning them about it, you gotta try everything to make sure they get your warning. I don't like it when someone gets banned and they don't know what they did. Maybe they are a n00b and don't read chat or whatever, doesn't matter. You gotta try. If it doesn't work, then fine, but please I don't want people being banned when they don't know what they did wrong. Also, there are lots of foreigners in there. If you know someone doesn't speak English, see if someone else in the server speaks their language and see if they can talk to them. Sacabu for example is good for dealing with Spanish players and I can talk to French players if you're having trouble with them.
    Last edited by Natalya; 10-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

Thread Information