Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanilla Zombie Mod Server? (FUCKING IMPORTANT)

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Question Vanilla Zombie Mod Server? (FUCKING IMPORTANT)

Uhh so like the ZM we got now is crazy with activity and shit from being no-steamed, but ever since I did that back in November it has caused much contention with the regular players on the server because they hate the Koreans and all the rule breakers. Furthermore the server has some minor glitches with Source Mod's admin recognition which, although manageable, have been annoying for me to constantly attend to.

Now personally I have next to no respect for the opinions of any of the regular players on there (or even the admins) when it comes to the Koreans and the no-steaming because I spent about 6 months almost entirely on my own trying to populate the server and failed miserably. No one else put a quarter of the time into idling in there and inviting people to play there or any other sort of activity to get the server going each day as I did, so I do seriously lack respect for the opinions of players who, now that it is popular, go in there and don't like something about it pertaining to the no-steam (such as that they hate the Koreans) since they would not even be in the server if I hadn't done that. However, with that said, I can see that most everyone has turned against me on the matter so despite my general lack of respect for them on the grounds of, "Well I did all the fucking work and you never helped so why should I listen to you?" I nonetheless find that I am forced to consider some options...

The Options:
    (I don't know if these are plausible within the scope of N/U, but I will list them anyway in order of my preference for them.)

A: Best option IMO -- Merge with Ghoul and have his server become part of N/U as a vanilla ZM server. I won't go into details here though because Pasties really doesn't (and with good reason) like this plan.

B: Create a second N/U ZM server, but which is not no-steamed. I saw first hand that a regular ZM server on its own is unable to survive, at least in this community, but I think that if we had a regular and the no-steam, the no-steam would help to populate the regular. The no-steam one fills up for long parts of the day, and can be kinda ridiculous with all the Koreans and rule breakers at night who turn it into a cesspool. I personally like this, but everyone else hates it so if we had 2 ZM's they'd have options. The basic idea is that the new ZM would be populated by regulars from the current one who could go into the current and ask their friends to go to the new one if it was crowded or whatever. I personally would not be very involved in this new server because I like the one we've got all ready as it is, but many others don't. It would be run by Random.Hero and Vit. However I would be the tech person who takes care of it when it has issues. Problem with this is that we'd have to scrap another server or something to make it. I don't entirely know what this would entail, but Sios does.

C: Reduce [KOR] hours. This is fairly straight-foreward; I'd simply keep the ping limit restricted for a longer portion of the night. However, Koreans aren't the only problem on ZM, so I don't think this would solve everything.

D: Second-Worst Option IMO -- Ban the country of Korea. I am very very very opposed to this, but Random wants it done, as do more than half of the other admins. If this is to be done then Sios will have to do it because I'm not just gonna ban a country. This also sucks because again it doesn't solve all of ZM's problems.

E: Worst Option IMO -- Re-steam ZM. If no one helped populate it when it had steam in the past, then why the fuck would they populate it now? I'm 100% convinced that it will die if we do this. I don't feel like saying more here.

Okay so that's all I've got here. Sorry for the drama but most everyone's against me so something has to be done.
    Last edited by Natalya; 02-18-2009 at 12:26 AM.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

JinkoNeko

It does get rather frustrating at times, but lately we have had admins on a fair amount imo. Or at least when I first came around here. Though if something must be done I guess options b and c would be the more balance i think anyway. The minor stuff is well imo just minor. I find all the interesting mods and such added on or tested quite entertaining and fun. Though things like the special mods such as flamethrower or the ump wpn etc should be restricted to certain user groups imo even if kept secret to avoid random people spamming once one random person joins finds out and blabbs it. Like that night with the ump, it was cool and fun to use moderately. Then a lot of the koreans found out and found the need to hold the trigger down the whole time as no enemy in sight and lag then crash the server and end that deal. I'm personally actually here and still stayin cause I find it enjoyable here and the dull repetition that follows a server or game like this is reallly gone with the fun interesting mods that are being added or tested really.

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

I know your including me in that group of people who's opinions you don't respect. But I'm not gonna lie nat, after reading that update post when you no-steamed zm, I saw how you labeled each month and showed each month had no progression at all, I felt bad. So i reconsidered and I realized the only reason I'm an admin, and I'm playing in N/U as is everyone else, is because of your work. Therefore I solemnly swear not to question whatever decision you make. I would also like you to know I am with the N/U Zombie Mod Server no matter what decision you make.

In my opinion (That of which you disrespect) I would like to see A or B happen. The thought of 2 ZM servers is just like seeing an abandoned lot that you could turn into a mini mall or something big. I would just like to know (If I'm allowed) would the server be identical to the old one? Cuz i don't think any changes are needed to all the mods in the current ZM.

Although I'd like to see one of these happen, I would not be hurt nor would i turn against you or N/U if you made a different decision. You probably don't get this enough - Thanks Nat

george

D - Those Korean's really get on my nerves Nat. Get rid of em... see how it goes.
    btw dont do C because it will restrict [KOR] but also other people like me (UK) and i regularly get kicked at night for ping :S
    and i hope u like my opinion as a BIG fan ;p

JinkoNeko

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    D - Those Korean's really get on my nerves Nat. Get rid of em... see how it goes.
    btw dont do C because it will restrict [KOR] but also other people like me (UK) and i regularly get kicked at night for ping :S
    and i hope u like my opinion as a BIG fan ;p
    Rather selfish on that isn't it, to not side with one which may help the server. Yet rather choose to favor one which would affect a whole country because of your personal preferences...

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:9332709

leave the server like it is.
    we got a lot of admins now that play a fucking lot in there and in my opinion we are used to them now. just my opinion. if they dont follow the rules u can ban them.
    and just think one thing: if there werent all the koreans that are shitty at zm, would our ranks rly that good? were we rly able to go for a 20-0 score? i dont think we were.
    i know they can be annoying as hell but just kick/ban.
    if we start another zm server for regs it will die soon. it would be empty when i get on my comp cause its night for most of you. and when it gets "full" i bet theres a max of 10 player in there. 5 of them would be admins and there wont be any admins in our normal zm server then.
    and be honest guys, u know the regs know good and gay spots where its hard to reach them. do you rly want to have a server like that? every1 in gay spots? just 10 players?
    i know some of the players are statwhores and they wouldnt be in the top10 without their korean kills.
    so just leave the server like it is. im used to the koreans now and if they break the rules ill kick/ban them. thats my job as an admin.

Saj.
    [CENTER][url=http://www.finalbattleground.com/profile/Sajora/][img]http://sig.finalbattleground.com/p/3588.jpg[/img][/url]

[URL=http://img594.imageshack.us/i/sajoraforum.jpg/][IMG]http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3315/sajoraforum.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[url=http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=54][img]http://www.n00bunlimited.net/hlstats/sig-54-random.png[/img][/url][/CENTER]

unrealtaco

dont change the server, right now as it is the koreans are being handeled by the mass amount of admins i havent seen the server in the past week without an admin on it.

Queen of the Internet Kung Fu Master

Quote Originally Posted by DoT View Post
    So i reconsidered and I realized the only reason I'm an admin, and I'm playing in N/U as is everyone else, is because of your work. Therefore I solemnly swear not to question whatever decision you make.
    No your opinion is important too.

@Sajora & Unreal:
    Problem isn't the [KOR]s, it's people complaining about the [KOR]s and thereby pissing off some of the other admins & Random (probably Vit too) who (quite understandably) don't like to hear bad shit about the server from the players.
    Last edited by Natalya; 02-18-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    [img]http://unix.org.au/~brett/gif/waldioaw1.gif[/img]
    [color=royalblue][b]Forum and Server Administrator[/b][/color]
    PasTieZ: I am scared now thanks nat
    natalyaaf: D:
    PasTieZ: sio is going to ass rape me

NatalyaAF ウラヌス: i am the baninator :D
    word jackd ת/ύ: ha the baninator and the pwninator

Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:1:16187503

I have no opinion because I do not play zombie even know I should and I get constantly hounded to get my ass in there but anyways my views in this quick statement I'm about to make do not reflect N/U in anyway! LOL!

I just think it's cool that we can possibly ban a whole country from playing our servers!!

On a serious note, Before Nat no steamed Zombie she was the only one constantly sitting in spec and trying to get people to join and play. Zombie was a ghost town. No one else really did anything to help out.

So what ever the decision is regardless, Nat you do a great job with the Zombie server and I just wanted to point that out.

Thanks!
    [center][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/tomca631/jackd_gif2.gif[/IMG][/center]

[center]U%|}[/center]

[center][COLOR="Red"]|Ň/Ú| siosios: thise 2 cab cgat at ne wgeb u waje yo ub ub the morning im too drunk right noiw[/COLOR][/center]

JinkoNeko

Well ya I am pretty much always on when I do log on and end up goin through the night too even if i end up afk and jus specing while multitasking. There are other admins that get on and off a lot also, I really rarely find lately that I'm the only one on during normal hours which is nice. It's only korean hours that end up I see only the korean admins if they come on the majority of the time. Though I do know from having booted a good amount of troublesome stubborn koreans who wouldnt take a hint that there are a fair amount of other english complacent players that would join and end up playing a while during those times as long as they saw a fair balance amount of koreans and english players it seems.

Thread Information