Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !? Ping ?!

george

Question !? Ping ?!

well, i don't know if this is just me but when i join the n/u zombie server my ping raises from 50-60 to like 130+ and i get kicked for high ping now and again, andy1 know how to fix this or has the same problem, oh and btw this has just happened recently a couple months ago it had never happened b4.

greetz
    george

NoSympathy

well for starters where do you live? the servers are located in dallas, texas. also make sure you don't have programs running in the background downloading shit

george

i have no programs downloading and i live in uk, is there any way to lower it

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

HLStatsX Ranking for STEAM_0:0:28811228

I know this helps, it helped me.
    Use the rates the server has. I believe these are right, if not type !rates in chat when you get in game.
    rate 25000
    cl_updaterate 66
    cl_cmdrate 66

Make sure you type these into console. ONE AT A TIME. I try to help a lot of people with that and they type it all in at once, or they type it in on chat. So I'm just making sure you know.

JinkoNeko

Dot the rates will not affect the real ping they have, though they should have correct rates non the less. It could be due to being far away, or perhaps your ISP is really poor connection wise. Or perhaps your gettin leeched.

NoSympathy

Living in the UK will definitely make it higher, in the 130+ range. There's not much you can do for that.

JinkoNeko

Just make sure your rates are top and that you got nothing leeching on your connection nor any extra programs leeching bandwidth either and hope it helps even minor to alleviate the problem.

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

Quote Originally Posted by NoSympathy View Post
    Living in the UK will definitely make it higher, in the 130+ range. There's not much you can do for that.
    Sajora lives in the UK. He gets fine ping. Odd...Some of our Korean players even get beautiful fps under 130. This could add to the problem though. O_o
    But dot believes it is the poor internet provider. Or you should open your task manager and check if any programs you closed are running without showing up. This happens to dot multiple times with Lime-Wire, Steam , hl2, and other shit. It lags dot when he goes back into game. But dot closes all the open programs in his task manager and get back in game and his ping returns to the usual 40-50. Try this if not come back and someone else can help you possibly, cuz dot is out of ideas.

JinkoNeko

Dot you said beautiful fps btw lol.

I don't quite know what the servers check ping wise, but the ping u see in tab player list and ping you see real time from the console ping command are diff. So ya...

Banned Kung Fu Master
    HlStats

Quote Originally Posted by JinkoNeko View Post
    Dot you said beautiful fps btw lol.

I don't quite know what the servers check ping wise, but the ping u see in tab player list and ping you see real time from the console ping command are diff. So ya...
    Yes i did say Beautiful fps. I think it's teh addy >.< I think i've wrote better paragraphs on this forum then I've done in my whole career as a student because of that shit lmfao! XD

Thread Information