PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents on limiting awps on CSS server.

Shizzle
11-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Since it is something that is brought up a lot by people on the server thought I would give my 2 cents.I think theres some good and bad that comes with this but the bad is outweighing the good.
The bad that comes with limiting awps:
1.First when the same people get the awps over and over it can make the rounds kinda blah for everyone else.
2.As I have seen the people with awps usually end up getting followed around by the people who want awps waiting for them to die rather then trying to complete objectives.So when a person with an awp camps it can lead to half the team camping with them.
3.Then you have the people who when they have the awp will do anything not to die so they wont lose it.In some cases this can result in them simply ignoring the objectives such as defuse bomb and simply run and hide so as not to die.
4.With limited awps it results in more people using autosnipes and camping even more with them.We all know people like John Gammon who are famous for this but it can tend to drag out the rounds cause often they just sit and spawn camp instead of going for the bomb.
The only plus I can see from limiting awps is so it doesnt turn into an awp fest.But it would be cool if there was a way that once a player has an awp they would be restricted from having tha awp again the following round so more people could get a chance to use them.
This is of course just my 2 cents but I think as it stands now that limiting the awp the way its done right now is kinda making the server a turnoff for some.I know I have stopped playing as much on there now simply cause of this issue.I end up going on servers where its not limited but the cash set is normal so only those who have enough money can afford them.

Clok
11-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Since it is something that is brought up a lot by people on the server thought I would give my 2 cents.I think theres some good and bad that comes with this but the bad is outweighing the good.
The bad that comes with limiting awps:
1.First when the same people get the awps over and over it can make the rounds kinda blah for everyone else.
2.As I have seen the people with awps usually end up getting followed around by the people who want awps waiting for them to die rather then trying to complete objectives.So when a person with an awp camps it can lead to half the team camping with them.
3.Then you have the people who when they have the awp will do anything not to die so they wont lose it.In some cases this can result in them simply ignoring the objectives such as defuse bomb and simply run and hide so as not to die.
4.With limited awps it results in more people using autosnipes and camping even more with them.We all know people like John Gammon who are famous for this but it can tend to drag out the rounds cause often they just sit and spawn camp instead of going for the bomb.
The only plus I can see from limiting awps is so it doesnt turn into an awp fest.But it would be cool if there was a way that once a player has an awp they would be restricted from having tha awp again the following round so more people could get a chance to use them.
This is of course just my 2 cents but I think as it stands now that limiting the awp the way its done right now is kinda making the server a turnoff for some.I know I have stopped playing as much on there now simply cause of this issue.I end up going on servers where its not limited but the cash set is normal so only those who have enough money can afford them. Never thought i would, but i actually agree with Sith. Granted i don't even use awps, but for those who do, i agree.

Clok
11-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Oops. I thought you were SithLords. Anyways i still agree!! >.>

Element
11-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Meh, I can understand what your saying... but being an awp-whore myself I love getting it of course! :D but I do run in and get the defuse / plant bomb or try ya knowz. But I normally get it again since i've got a bind, but when someone wants it I will either drop it next round / trade them that round. Any chance I see an awp though I go fer eet. I some what agree with what you said, not sure if our regz that are awp-whores would like if they couldn't get one. But I know some are like me can play with M4 / AK... others just cry and cry about not getting it and do like you said follow till they die. And I don't think an awp-fest server would be great attraction for new people, since our D2 server has some of the hottest awperz i've seen!!!

P.s. *Cough* i'm one of them toperz 8)

Love,
Element

Short_Bus
11-19-2008, 08:42 PM
like everything else, it just not going to happien. would be nice if 1 random player from each team would get it, with not even the option to buy.

Shizzle
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I say no limits on the awps and it would lead to more people trying achieve objectives rather then camping and hope one of the 2 awpers on thier team dies to get thier awp.

Maybe a fun thing would be to have like 2 nights a week with no limits on the awp to see if people like it or not.

Shizzle
11-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Or even just one night a week with unlimited awps and one night with no awps