PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

Clok
11-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Alright, i've got a problem. What's the deal with this silly "mic spamming" rule? Apparently no one is to have a conforsation for longer than 30 seconds. Now i can totaly understand that rule for the ingame server, but apparently that rule also applies on the N/U vent server. How can you encourage players to get on vent if you force them to only speak a certain amount of time?

From my undertsanding, vent is meant for people to speak through. A while ago i was talking to a friend of mine, and sure enough an admin was in our channel (I'm not saying any names), and i suppose he/she was pubbing or something. After a while the admin had the right to mute everyone in the channel because of our "long" conforsation.

I personaly believe this rule shouldn't apply on vent, because i feel that i'm not aloud to speak or i'll get muted/kicked/ or banned for doing so. So it seems that it is discouraged to speak on anything N/U related (other than the forums).

So c'mon, seriously?

Kumar
11-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I know nothing about this but you speak mighty good engrish there. Its conversation, along with a few other things in there. It also depends on which channel you were in when you were having this conversation. You might want to talk to the admin that muted you directly to get his views on why he muted you.

Element
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
It was me that muted him, I told them countless times to be quite... I was trying to take care of an issue in the D2 server and they just kept talking and talking, so muted them... I couldn't hear anyone in the server that was trying to talk with me, seeing that "Clok" is my friend I feel that since I got admin he thinks I won't be a hard-ass on him and I can bend the rules for him. But I treat him the same like all the others, he just no listen very wellz...

Clok
11-18-2008, 07:53 PM
I know nothing about this but you speak mighty good engrish there. Its conversation, along with a few other things in there. It also depends on which channel you were in when you were having this conversation. You might want to talk to the admin that muted you directly to get his views on why he muted you. It was in the dust 2 channel and it was sometime at night.

Clok
11-18-2008, 07:56 PM
It was me that muted him, I told them countless times to be quite... I was trying to take care of an issue in the D2 server and they just kept talking and talking, so muted them... I couldn't hear anyone in the server that was trying to talk with me, seeing that "Clok" is my friend I feel that since I got admin he thinks I won't be a hard-ass on him and I can bend the rules for him. But I treat him the same like all the others, he just no listen very wellz...Hardly. Of course i don't think you'll "bend the rules" for me simply because i'm your friend. And this thread isn't a complaint about you. Its that fact that we're hardly able to speak without getting yelled at. You could have just as easily moved channels. You just muted us. We didn't even notice we were muted until about 15 minutes ago.

Kumar
11-18-2008, 08:18 PM
If you are trying to deal with something in the server and people in a public channel are talking then move yourself to another one. Or you can mute your own vent. That isn't really a viable reason to mute the people in the channel.

Penatrater
11-18-2008, 08:30 PM
This must of just happened ! I was online and in vent all day today. Then i leave for work and this goes down. Seems like I'm always missing out on shit !

Clok
11-18-2008, 09:54 PM
This must of just happened ! I was online and in vent all day today. Then i leave for work and this goes down. Seems like I'm always missing out on shit !You didn't really miss anything. We didn't have a huge fight about it or anything, and i wasn't mad. However i was annoyed about it. Just seems redicuolous if you ask me.

Clok
11-18-2008, 09:56 PM
If you are trying to deal with something in the server and people in a public channel are talking then move yourself to another one. Or you can mute your own vent. That isn't really a viable reason to mute the people in the channel.THANK YOU!

siosios
11-18-2008, 10:11 PM
there is no rule concenring vent and conversations. but there is in the servers. blunt and to the point as always....

siosios

roflmywaffle
11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
nobody should ever be muted for anything in vent other than spamming music or constant white noise