PDA

View Full Version : my sound is fucked - need help

roflmywaffle
10-07-2008, 12:36 PM
hey guys, i was trying to do some recording today with my guitar and i usually use my pedal to do that. but my pedal doesnt sound nearly as good as my amp so i was going to run the sound from my amp straight into my pc. i was fiddling around with it and i was recording at the same time so i could hear whether or not it was working. then without stopping recording i unplugged the cord and plugged it into another jack on my amp head and then my sound stopped working. i restarted my computer and to no avail. so i went to check my sound drivers and theyre gone. and now my computer is telling me theres no sound components. im thinking if i just reinstall the sound drivers then it will work, but i dont have time cause i have to go to school. i will try it later tonight when i get home and tell you how it goes, but in the meantime does anyone have any suggestions?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SDK_butcher/soundissue.jpg

pasties
10-07-2008, 01:06 PM
you had plenty of time to reinstall your sound drivers, you wrote a book in here and took a pic .
lol weird

roflmywaffle
10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
lmao fuck you pasties, your not helping at all

============EDIT============
alright so i reinstalled my sound drivers, and now it says my audio is working, which is sweet, but it also says my speakers are not plugged in, which they are. same with my mic, any suggestions?

enderless
10-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Go to sound options (control panel) and make sure the affinity for your mic and speakers is defaulted to your sound card.

AwpsandKnives
10-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Btw bad idea to change a powerd cord on your sound card...if u plug in one always turn it off before moving...cross your fingers and hope you didnt burn your card.

roflmywaffle
10-11-2008, 09:13 PM
actually i already know i fried it, i replaced it with my old one i purchased for my old comp (dont worry it is better quality than my onboard sound) but unfortunately i wont have a mic anymore :( until i have enough money for a sound card that has a mic input that is...

Kirk
10-11-2008, 10:33 PM
not like anyone wants to hear you anyways.

OHHH BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR N :twisted:

enderless
10-12-2008, 12:50 PM
is there a place near by you that you could buy the same card that you fried? If so then after you buy the new one take it out of the box, put the old one back in and return it.

I can't tell you how much money this has saved me on MP3's players, camera's, mice, etc. :)

kamikaze_bad_ass
10-12-2008, 05:31 PM
hey enderless THAT IS SERIOUSLY THE OLDEST TRICK IN THE BOOK!
which an't to say i an't done it a few times works best with wally world (wal-mart to u northern yankee's) but most electics stores have some kinda policy against this like not opened or not after 15 to 30 days and some only give ya store creidt back :(