PDA

View Full Version : Apologies from DH.

Seraphim
09-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Two of Deserted Haven's Owners, Side (aka Adio) and Gimp, were banned this morning/early afternoon today from your GunGame server. I wish to apologize on their behalf. Their actions with mic spamming/racism and chat spamming, respectively, were inappropriate, especially given their status. The issue, at least on our side, has already been rectified.

However, with that being said, I would ask a favor: That people with the DH tag are treated no differently on NU's servers, as people with the NU tag are treated on DH's servers: with fairness and without hostility or scorn simply because they play at DH.

It was unjust that Gimp was banned alongside Side, as it was Side who played the inappropriate music, not Gimp- Gimp doesn't have the ability to play music. Likewise, it was unjust that Side was repeatedly being kicked for being "AFK" and "Camping", even despite having just initiated an rtv after a map change, and knifed the admin responsible, and was not actually being AFK or camping.

While Side's ban was justified (as he had admitted to me the song he played might have had racism in it), the way he was treated, up to and including the point of his ban, was not. Gimp, similarly, did not deserve to be banned, when silencing (by NU's own standards) would have been more than suitable.

I have nothing personal against the admin responsible, and still consider him a friend of mine. Similarly, I hold no ill-will against NU. Our forums even link to yours, and we still refer people to NU. However, to quote Sio, "It's issues like this that strain communities", and I would like to see this issue resolved peaceably, and would ask that action be taken to both clarify and rectify the situation, for both communities' sakes.

ORGANDONOR
09-27-2008, 06:21 AM
well as a N/U Gun Game Jr. Owner i would like to thank you coming in here & Apologizing in there be half.I wasn't there & i don't no who ban them but i will look in to it & find out if it was a just ban or not if it wasn't then ill let them off in a there ban in a day as a wearing if they do it again then there gone for good.
thank you once again for the Apology.

Jr. Owner ORGANDONOR

rjk83
09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Organ / Sera
I'll hit you up on xfire and send you demo's as I was playing at the time. You can figure out the rest.

Seraphim
09-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks, and much appreciated. ^_^

Seraphim
09-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Thank you, Rjk. While Side's ban, imho, was totally justified from what I had seen in the demo, however whatever provoked Side to act that way prior to it has become a matter of heresay. So on that note, I simply ask of NU for the same respect for DH ppl, as we give NU ppl, (as, since the time I made my first post, I have heard from other people, that people with the DH tag are essentially being looked down upon from the moment they join, and not solely by this one particular admin).

Unfortunately, the demo provides no insight to Gimp's ban- he was either muted, gagged, silenced, or simply did not talk/type during the demo. While they, for all intents and purposes, are "joined at the hip" as best friends, I find it difficult to believe that Gimp would also use racism after watching Side get banned, even moreso if proper procedures had been followed and he was gagged/muted for chat spamming. Which, sadly, leads me to believe (at this point) that he was banned from "guilt by association". If any insight into this issue can be provided, it would be greatly appreciated.

And again, Rjk, thank you so much for helping me clarify this issue, and helping to promote good relations with NU and DH.

ORGANDONOR
09-29-2008, 11:57 AM
np man thats what we r here 4 i dont want 2 c any of that stuff goin on in gg or any of the other servers that n/u has & 2 all admins that r under me in gg if somethin like this happends again send me the demo there name & there steam id & i will ban if i c fit & thank u all 4 doin a good job makein the server a good place 2 play

Jr. Owner ORGANDONOR