PDA

View Full Version : The bottom line

Jackd
11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
With that said I want everyone who can read this (Admins & Jr Owners) to stop and take a moment to start realizing some things.

We are a dying community, not dead yet but dying slowly. Yes their are many factors that contribute to this like.....

Things we can't control:
1. CSS is an old game.
2. Newer games taking up players time (COD4, Battlefield, etc.)
3. New Steam update killed the game.
4. People decide to move on, get married, get whipped.

So how about focusing on some things we can control:
1. Make friends with new players to the game and help them with the game or help them complete the objective.
2. Make friends with new players to our servers, invite then to the website, get them to register, let them know about our other servers, get them in TS.
3. The community runs on donations so always be on the look out for potential admins, VIP players. Drop their names in the admin section in the forums, we will contact them if you don't want to.
4. Be aware of your actions and your decisions, meaning think about other players in the server before you decide to take action whether it's dealing with a problem player or just having a little fun. If you are doing something and people are leaving because of it then you are probably doing something wrong.
5. Have fun playing the game. If you are in a shitty mood, don't come in the server and take it out on anyone. If you have to play, play somewhere else.
6. Stop the negativity between other players and admins. If you see someone being picked on in the server do something about it.
7. If you see a problem or their is an issue and you don't have the power to fix it or don't know how, you need to post it and post it in the right place.
8. Please get your donations in on time. Don't make us chase you around or have us pull out our hair wondering if we are going to make it every month. If you have an issue donating, communicate with myself or Pasties please.

Do you see where I am going with this?? I'm sorry this post is so long but here is the bottom line...

We can and need to be the best community out there. We need fresh blood, new admin donations, and newer players to keep this community alive. This is our Home!!!

ok enough said....

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Zaku-x109
11-22-2010, 10:48 PM
This is my first post in X months b/c I donno when I last posted on here, but theres also the issue:
1. School/College
2. Dots '28Rounds Later' server
3. The economy (has affected me majorly)
4. People getting older

But I agree with you Jack, N/U is slowly dying as I have lost my first and (was) permanent home since CS, which was 'N/U 24/7 ZombieMod'

I was an admin for a long time, but for a long time now I have been unable to reapply b/c of me not having any income, my mom still doesnt have a job after 4yrs since her boss lied about racist remarks made by my mom and me starting my freshman college year.

This shuld be made an important thread or something... Also, more than 97% of my friend play CSS so take a gander at my steam page friends list ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/assasinlord1st/friends ). I'm unable to more than agree with you because my professors have swamped me with essay after essays, projects after projects and speeches after speeches (all because of what I'm majoring in). Sorry I couldn't be much help to you guys... But I will always be faithful to N/U as it was my first and only home for CSS.
________
Ipad accessories (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

ZerG
11-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Theres so many new games popping up every few months now that people just generally forget about CSS...

Seems the CoD series is coming out with a new one every 11-12 months..

A few companys are releasing free 2 play versions of there games like EA's upcoming F2P battlefield game that has aspects of bad company and bf2

Theres still alot of CSS players out there, the problem is attracting them as the majority play wc3 mods, zombies and jailbreak or atleast it looks that way on the server list now

The ones who do play "normal" css weather it be DM or SnD for the most part have servers they frequent already..

Also all my n/u servers poofed from favs, I got new ones once but did it change again? i must not of got the memo :(

NoogyMan
11-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah Zerg they moved again.

http://www.n00bunlimited.net/showthread.php?t=5217

-NoogyMan :)

Penatrater
11-30-2010, 07:05 PM
100% Agree ! Make new friends with people in the servers. Let them know about Us "NU" help them get in TS and registered here on the website. It may take 10 minutes, But the 1 on 1 time that new person will remember forever ! And they will feel welcome here. This game is very much still alive. Believe me... I see it from the side lines everyday. When or IF i ever get DSL out in the country the first place you will find me is in a knock down drag out like the good old days of Dust2. Make sure NU is here for that please.

pasties
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
bump

Kaley Fan
01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
In my humble opinion, I think that the Deathmatch and Office servers are going great. However the Dust one's is going horribly. I think we should take this time to convert that dust server, into a jailbreak server. Most of my freind's list play CS office Jailbreak or deathmatch, with the occasional ZM. I would be more than glad to help out with anything that i would be able to do to help transfer the N/U dust into a jb server. It would give our community that little different server. I would be one of the few that would be more than willing to idle around, populate it, even if it took a month. However i personally hate dust, and although i have played on it, not one of my favorite's to try and populate it.

Just my three cents.

Kaley Fan

Anal Retentive French Fry
01-28-2011, 02:33 PM
I still play CS:S more than any other game, but yeah people get lost to new stuff as it comes out.

There will always be the diehards though. Plus with the new update there has been more new players starting to play. Just gotta give it some love.

siosios
01-28-2011, 08:00 PM
changing dust2 to something else wont work ive discussed this over and over and over again. im about to take it back over and make it my way and populate it myself like the old days *wink*

sean7488
01-28-2011, 09:58 PM
I say go for it sio, we need to change something on that server.

Asian Invasion
01-28-2011, 11:04 PM
put some hot women in it......

No Sympathy
01-29-2011, 02:36 PM
the d2 server used to be the most populated server NU had. 40/40 all the time, back when sio completely managed it lol

TurtleTara
01-29-2011, 07:09 PM
JACKD is 100% right!!! We need to cut the Bullshit, and get back to the way it use to be!

First: I want my Zm back. I will pay whatever the cost, I will run it the same way I did before, and I will not be leaving anytime soon. this is a promise!!!!! I've already got half my old admin ready to work, and I'm in the process of re-writing the Admin training Manual ( Oh yes...Some of you need to be re-trained!) Pls...give it to me. I really want to do it!

Second: Most of the admins I hear bitchin about the community dying are the ones who are not working them! So do us a favor...STFU and do ur job or we will find ppl who will! I've been watching all of you this last month, and I know exactly who's been in, and Jr Owners that goes double for you!!!! I sent 6 hours everyday in my server for 3 months before it came what it was. Was it boring...YES. Would I rather spend that time playing with friends....YES, but I didn't, I worked my server, and ZM became one of N/U's most popular servers. It had nothing to do with Zm, it was because my players always knew that i (and my admin) were there for their best interests, They knew we were fair, and because we made the game fun for them. This is not something that only I can do, we all can, we just have to be willing to put in the work and get over our own ego's!

Third: We use to have a saying here at N/U. " No One Person Is Greater Than The Community" It takes a little piece of all of us to make it great! Where did that go ???
Its not the servers that brings in the players, Its US! I've noticed that some of you new admins like to bully the players and that will no longer be happening! That has NEVER been something we allow here, and now that I'm back, it no longer will be. ANY ADMIN I SEE BULLYING PLAYERS WILL HAVE THEIR ADMIN PULLED! I don't give a fuck what the reason. If a player is doing something u don't like, Demo them, then ban. Never Bully!!!!!!!! And pls watch how u behave while in game. As admins, Jr Owners, And owners we are the examples of in game behavior. if u break the rules, then how can u expect the players not to ? so lets start acting that way! If we do something in game that we know we are not suppose to, players will follow suit. So who do we ban for the mistake the player who didn't know better or the admins who does !?! Oh yeah. The next time I see 2 admin fighting in game with each other or fighting over the rules. I will have ur admin pulled forever! and u will be ban for a week! Any issues u have with another admin, Take it to the forums...NEVER EVER IN GAME!!!!!! That has always been one of our biggest rules and I will be sure to inforce it from now on!

Four: New games... Well there has always been new games coming and sometimes it does slow us down, yes. but not like this! This is a problem that started with us. So we are the ones that have to figure it out!

Five: Dot's Servers. Well I can't talk too much shit there, cuz I"ve played there myself. But thats only cuz I love me some zombie action. Whatever info I have about what he's doing over there, I will only discuss with other owners! sorry.

Here's the bottomline...We are failing as a community because some of u admins are failing us (the owners) and the players. so lets just get it together and do this right! We can do it, but only if we are all willing to work together! We need to get over the petty bullshit and just do what we are here to do!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh Yeah! If I've seen u in game or we've chatted...Then ur not the admin I'm talking about! Don't get upset. I would have named you but there are alot, I didn't want to leave anyone out. But heres a clue..If U see one of my alias in game on spec...I'm there to watch you and the players, so be on ur best behavior!

Cookerbro
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Tara is exactly right if you are a vip, admin, or anything else above that you need to set an example, set the standard in the server. The other day I heard another admin yell at a player the last remaining CT to get the fucking hosties or get slayed, I could tell he was new to the game based on two things I never have seen him before and his score was extremely bad which new players have. I thought we were supposed to welcome new players and be-friend them. When he left he probably won't come back to NU because the last thing I want is to have someone swearing at me for no reason, there are plenty of servers out there to play on Ive personally been sworn at by an admin for rates a long time ago I will not mention his name and he was not the one yelling this time, I left and didn't visit the server again for several months. This was the first community that I have ever played in ever since I played CSS against real people I joined because of the FBG, Ive left on and off for several reasons mostly because of yelling admins in the game, Ive kept coming back new players won't they will find another server. I also can't really say if the community is failing or not but I can say this ever since I started playing it seems that NU has just kept going sideways for years and years no major increases just staying afloat and content with it like a person who lives paycheck to paycheck with no savings will never get to go on that expensive cruise or buy that nice car. I think yelling and disrespectful admins/players have given enough players a reason to leave, lets start giving them a reason to stay and play and make it an enjoyable place.