PDA

View Full Version : Abusive Admin's

heywoodjabloume
07-24-2010, 07:57 PM
I was playing on Office Server which I have been playing on for a long time. Three adimin's in the room household6, NightHawk, RougeOps, were abusing administrative rights Telling everyone to change their rates to from 25000 66 66 to 30000 100 100. They were putting players in spec and blinding them for not following the request. The splash page of the server reflect 25000 66 66 rates. Then the splash page should be updated to reflect the required rates. The constant badgering of other players is not reflective of the true N/U spirit, and totally inhibits an enjoyable experience. I suggest these three admin's should have administrative privileges revoked. Stop using the privilege to badger other players with. Hope there are other players out there that feel the same way.

anthonyds5
07-24-2010, 08:02 PM
How is it abusive? They are kindly asking you to change your Rates to 30000 , Cmd rate 100, and update rate 100. It takes 30seconds tops to do it. Not that hard. And they want you to do it because it will cause less lag and better connection. Also better game play if you haven't noticed without any lag.

This is an example of an abusive admin : *spectates some1* *puts them back in game* repeatedly nonstop. They kill you / kick you / ban you because you are not listening to the admins which is disrespect. The rules basically say "Respect all admins"

household 6
07-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Well actually heywood, their rates were not 25000 66 66. They were 20000 20 and 30. I asked nicely repeatedly for them to fix their rates and told them repeatedly how to do it. It is a server rule. Then nitehawk came in and rogue to help enforce the rule. I did put them in spec in order for them to fix their rates and so they would not be afk while doing so. You were on the mic bashing nite and myself and nite did tell you to shut up. You are not an admin. You do not see what we see. Those are server rules and our job is to enforce them. Not one time did I raise my voice, curse, or be rude. I simply moved to spec. These are the things I have been instructed to do.

House

anthonyds5
07-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Thank you House to put it in a simple matter. =P

Rogue Ops
07-24-2010, 11:03 PM
House pretty much nailed it on the head, but I would like to say that I honestly didn't do a thing except tell people to fix their rates. All 3 of us were telling people HOW to fix them multiple times, but they weren't listening. I never blinded or moved anyone to spec, and even if I did, I would only be upholding my job. I don't see how it was abuse to Heywood, we were just trying to get everyone on the same rates to play fairly and better. If he wants our admin removed because of that then what is the point of enforcing rules? Know what I mean?

nitehawk
07-25-2010, 12:00 AM
heywood let me make it clear to you next time you jump in the way of admin's doing thier job you will find yourself gone for the day cause when you start running your mouth like you did other people are gonna also and they think they can talk to admin's that way you started it by jumping into what we are doing let me ask you this do you have admin on the server? (no) i thought so. So like i said before we don't need a smart ass in the middle of us doing our job to keep the server and the player's inline. Cause all your gonna do is cause more problems so please in the future mind your own buisness and let the admin's do thier job please.i can understand if we were abusing a player for no reason at all if you said something but we have one here we just don't abuse people for no random reason when your ask something we don't get a responce from you than we need to take action bottom line thank you very much for your post about how good i'm doing as admin hope to see you soon

khaotik
07-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Just on a side note.
The server will Force a minimum amount of 'rate' 'cl_cmdrate' and 'cl_updaterate'.
When you check the rate by typing a blank cvar such as rate, it will say something to this effect.
Rate = '66'
NOTe* The real value is 0, but the server has temporarily restricted it to 66.

\!rate is only showing client configurations, not restricted values.

Well actually heywood, their rates were not 25000 66 66. They were 20000 20 and 30. I asked nicely repeatedly for them to fix their rates and told them repeatedly how to do it. It is a server rule. Then nitehawk came in and rogue to help enforce the rule. I did put them in spec in order for them to fix their rates and so they would not be afk while doing so. You were on the mic bashing nite and myself and nite did tell you to shut up. You are not an admin. You do not see what we see. Those are server rules and our job is to enforce them. Not one time did I raise my voice, curse, or be rude. I simply moved to spec. These are the things I have been instructed to do.

House

Mongoloid
07-25-2010, 10:49 AM
The matter in hand is if a admin tells you to do something along the lines for whats best for the server and game fun time for everyone else you do it. When you fail to do so u get thrown in spec and blind to show you that we are talking to you and yes we want you to fix it. there is no abuse going on here its just a rule to make the game play fair for everybody. Bottom line admins have final say and we all have to follow the rules. thank you

DoT
07-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Rate Nazi's = Ew

khaotik
07-25-2010, 04:39 PM
QFT dot. Quoted for truth.
However, maybe my explanation of the server forcing rates may have helped that issue.

Rate Nazi's = Ew

ZerG
07-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Idk about all that Rate stuff n nerd talk..

but uh..with all these admin abuse threads im just curious..

when is it my turn to get abused? :( i feel left out

Jackd
07-26-2010, 05:52 PM
heywoodjabloume,

Thanks for the heads up in your post. We will be revisiting how admins handle certain situations.

As far as the rates go, I moved them out of this post and into its own post ----> http://www.n00bunlimited.net/n00b-unlimited-general-chat/5033-rates-discussion.html so you guys can discuss them all you want there. :-D

Bottom line to the reg players: - If an admin asks you to do something just do it whether you disagree or not. Admins have the final say. If its wrong it can be discussed with a Jr. Owner or Owner OUTSIDE of the server. It's not ok to start an argument in the server because that's what will get you banned.

Thank you!

**Issue resolved - Thread Locked **