PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment for W0rd

easytarget
08-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Just going to outline what I look for in W0rd members, just for people who represent W0rd in our public servers.

-be fun to play with (do not be annoying - for you emo kids who can't understand positive thinking)

-be helpful

-respect everyone (also respect the chain of command within NU)

-have loyalty to NU

-are not disrespectful in other servers

-level headed

-can play with m4/ak/awp (new requirement - I do not recruit anyone who just p90s or paras or awps, unless you can show that you have certain skill with the basic rifles)

-proven you are a loyal regular in at least one of our NU servers

-have TS and come socialize with us on it

-show that you rather play on our servers and have fun rather than spending your time bugging me to join word (this is a big requirement for me because it might not seem like I know who plays in the public servers, but I keep my eye out on every server especially if you have applied via the website)

Most people just apply to apply and hope they get in. I tell everyone that I usually just recruit if you truly have been playing with us for a while. It really is not about the skill but that does help. Again, my xfire is easymaller and feel free to add me.

Please apply via the website through the css cal application. If you are applying to be on the cal team, some of these rules do not apply but a million other rules apply for that, and I will let you know what they are via private communication.

Thanks guys/gals,

~Easy

Wolfeh
08-22-2008, 07:32 AM
-get good?

=/

[In before pasties! tp(( ]

pathboy
08-22-2008, 08:10 AM
" just p90s"

Whoa, whoa, whoa!! You mean there's other guns?! No way!

Pathboy
Certified p90 Whore

HellscreamsRage
08-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Just going to outline what I look for in W0rd members, just for people who represent W0rd in our public servers.

-be fun to play with (do not be annoying - for you emo kids who can't understand positive thinking)

-be helpful

-respect everyone (also respect the chain of command within NU)

-have loyalty to NU

-are not disrespectful in other servers

-level headed

-can play with m4/ak/awp (new requirement - I do not recruit anyone who just p90s or paras or awps, unless you can show that you have certain skill with the basic rifles)

-proven you are a loyal regular in at least one of our NU servers

-have TS and come socialize with us on it

-show that you rather play on our servers and have fun rather than spending your time bugging me to join word (this is a big requirement for me because it might not seem like I know who plays in the public servers, but I keep my eye out on every server especially if you have applied via the website)

Most people just apply to apply and hope they get in. I tell everyone that I usually just recruit if you truly have been playing with us for a while. It really is not about the skill but that does help. Again, my xfire is easymaller and feel free to add me.

Please apply via the website through the css cal application. If you are applying to be on the cal team, some of these rules do not apply but a million other rules apply for that, and I will let you know what they are via private communication.

Thanks guys/gals,

~Easy

do p90s count as skill guns, cuz im wicked good with them

easytarget
08-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Certain maps, certain guns are great but really, skill in my mind is if you are an aggressive player who can get the win (or be a big part of the win) by himself/herself. I also commend people who are not afraid to encounter multiple enemies because it shows how you will play to a critical situation (if one were to come up).

Camping, in my mind, is a skill in itself where it shows that you can survive and endure. But, camping should only be used situationally and if a player does it all the time, I really do not give much attention to them. There are a few players, that alot of regulars think are exceptional, but I would not even consider past good. People who put themselves in impossible situations and come out on top are the people that catch my eye. I am a big advocate of who gets first blood AND the next few kills after that.

Hopefully I won't embarass you with this but I will use Pathboy as an example. Pathboy gets alot of first bloods and is first blood alot as well and that is a very good "quality" imo. He usually does not complain but when he first started on NU, he really hated awps and did whine about them for a bit =P. Now, he is used to them and does not say anything about them and keeps to himself unless he has to enforce rules. I must say I do not ever see him use anything but a p90, which is fine but if he were to apply, I would tell him to work on his rifling skills before I would make a decision. But to be honest, if he were to apply (as long as he makes an effort to work on his ak/m4), I would take him because everyone in NU loves our little Pathboy and his inverted nipples.

p.s. hellscreams, wear ur tag, I do not see you wearing it anymore.

~Easy

pasties
08-22-2008, 03:23 PM
oooooo you pwned hellscreams and pathboy in one paragraph or two :P
get get hells and pathboy.

easytarget
08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
get get??

~Easy

QkNervous
08-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I certainly enjoy the AWP, and if anyone figures out
who the hell i truly am, then they know that I can own
at least 5 or more during a cs_office match with the
AWP. Im pretty good with the jump AWPing skills (noob),
and im pretty quick with zee trigger. lol

Scribe
08-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Awww man! Don't be dissin the p90. =p Everyone knows that or the para is the rush weapon of choice. ;}

QkNervous
08-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Ya especially since Pathboy went a little crazy today
at office with the P90. I aimed at him like 5 times
and he rushed by me every time, not to mention that
he bulldosed over 10 T's at one time. The fool is amazing
at speed and dodging. Claps for Pathboy :D

vince21
08-22-2008, 10:29 PM
wait a minute...what about the shotty!?! 8O no one mentioned the shotty. i love the awp and am ok with it, but i like using other guns when there is a smaller group of people playing. this includes ak, m4, p90 and scout...but i also absolutely adore the power of the m3 shotgun. :twisted: if i ever get fed up with the awp or my team, i switch to that and just charge the hell out of the other team. if you were on tonight, you saw the ts completely rape cts in garage AND front yard. i eventually got fed up, switched to shotty, took out 7 ppl the first round (after which, i promptly sucked) and with the help of other shotgun wielding friends, eventually put back order.

moral of the story: shotguns kick ass and you all should start using them! :D

Wolfeh
08-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Shotguns are fun and all, but really not practical for scrims and such. Not having the advantage of distance shooting can be a disadvantage. Accuracy really is key.

Sure if you run into someones face and blast them with the shotty that's good shit.
But in other situations you will not even deal half damage to your opponent and will be dead before you have a chance to fire again.

QkNervous
08-22-2008, 11:25 PM
wait a minute...what about the shotty!?! 8O no one mentioned the shotty. i love the awp and am ok with it, but i like using other guns when there is a smaller group of people playing. this includes ak, m4, p90 and scout...but i also absolutely adore the power of the m3 shotgun. :twisted: if i ever get fed up with the awp or my team, i switch to that and just charge the hell out of the other team. if you were on tonight, you saw the ts completely rape cts in garage AND front yard. i eventually got fed up, switched to shotty, took out 7 ppl the first round (after which, i promptly sucked) and with the help of other shotgun wielding friends, eventually put back order.

moral of the story: shotguns kick ass and you all should start using them! :D

True, I agree with u completely vince, Ive seen u with both the AWP and the
shotgun (u own with either one just fine :D ). But like Wolfeh said, in
most situations its better to have at least a 90-99.9% accuracy then
power, but its up to the person and situation he is put in.

Natalya
08-23-2008, 01:30 AM
I prefer the UMP45. Maybe the M3 is good for ladder camping, but nothing stops zombies like the UMP...

Wait...

D:

emptyclipz
08-23-2008, 01:42 AM
deagle = greatest weapon

my 2 cents :D

-voLiphica

QkNervous
08-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Nice on Nat, never really heard of ladder camping until now :D

Kumar
08-23-2008, 02:43 AM
The use for shotties got taken out of scrims when it changed over to 16k. Scouts are absolutely garbage! Deagle pwns and if you are cinder for some reason the p228 pwns. Ak/M4 and Awp are core guns for every scrim and are used in every round. If you cant use these you will be useless.

Natalya
08-23-2008, 03:22 AM
In all seriousness I pwn with the AWP and the AK, but am kinda weak with the M4. But I'm good with M3 and the Para, so those sorta even it out for me.

vince21
08-23-2008, 02:01 PM
i didn't say that the shotty should be used in scrims...now you guys are making me look stupid. which is not the complete truth: i am just MOSTLY stupid. :) obviously the rifles are the weapon of choice because of accuracy. however, i think that it's nice to be skilled in more than just those three weapons. scrims start with $800, correct? so you can't use the rifles right away. i honestly just threw the shotty in the mix for fun. but i do know that people can be very skillful with it. pending the map, i would argue that it could be used effectively in a match. it usually takes me two shots to take someone out with it. if i change my level (crouched, normal, jumping) i can usually fair ok. obviously, a rifle is the weapon of choice for all players, but underneath that, i'd say it is up to the individual. as mentioned before, pathboy can absolutely rape with a p90. i can't do that. so while, he would choose that weapon, i wouldn't. all a matter of personal preference and style of play.

NoSympathy
08-23-2008, 02:26 PM
scrims now start with 16k :p

vince21
08-23-2008, 02:28 PM
well shite, that changes it. correction: i am now COMPLETELY stupid! :D

emptyclipz
08-23-2008, 02:38 PM
well i think im a bit dumber than u vince cuz yo big words confuseded the empty :oops: lol

-voLiphica