PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Gabriel
06-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Hello N00b Unlimited Community! How's everyone doin? I'm Gabriel... a very Avid gamer. I play CS:S mostly. I own a clan and a few servers in CS:S, as well as website and forums.

I'm always looking for new places to play when our servers are unpopulated during the late nights and early afternoons, and many of my friends play in your servers, so i'm interested in playing with you guys!

<JohnnyBoy>
06-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Hey was sup Gabriel & Welcome to the forums!
Glad you could join us and we hope you enjoy yourself here.:-D
So what server do you play?

onehit
06-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Hello Gabriel, welcome to the n00bunlimited forums.
how are you?
what servers do u play?

Gabriel
06-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Well right now i've been playing on my servers and random servers my friends play on... I am currently awaiting an admin to reply to my ban protest... It says that i was using a DC exploit... when i have no such thing. I frown upon scripting and i am very quick to ban them... so I myself do not do it.. ruins the game for others. I don't know what it picked up as a dc exploit, because i don't recall ever going into an N/U server as of yet....

I am very interested in the RP server though, it looks like fun :) And many of my friends play in there.... Your zombie server also looks very nice hehe :)

I'd really like my ban overturned so that i may partake in this fun!

onehit
06-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Nice to see your interested in our servers that much, please wait for a Owner or Jr. Owner to respond to this thread.

DoT
06-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Your ban looks fairly legit, but it's not my place to judge. You'll have to wait on the Jr. Owner (Vince21) or one of the 4 Owners (Siosios, Pasties, Enderless or Jackd) for an answer. Good luck man, and see in you around if you are unbanned.

His ban: n00bunlimited Bans (http://www.n00bunlimited.net/sm/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:10456059&Submit=)

His unban request is the first one here: n00bunlimited Bans (http://www.n00bunlimited.net/sm/index.php?p=admin&c=bans#^1)

Natalya
06-07-2010, 01:11 PM
What exactly is a disconnect hack?

Anyway I've never seen him in RP before so I'll back him up on that but he got banned somehow. Do you ever share your Steam account with anyone else or have you been hacked before?

DoT
06-07-2010, 03:08 PM
The ban was from Reg Office.

HellscreamsRage
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Welcome Gabriel, hopefully its a mistake but the g0ds shall weigh in on this soon

Gabriel
06-07-2010, 11:34 PM
As far as I know my account's never been hacked... i change the PW on all of my stuff pretty regularly... (Military family, it's been habit since i was 6)

As for the office server, I don't really play regulation anymore... i play a lot of GG and ZM, sometimes Surf or MG, but not office, dust, ect. so i have no idea how i may have gotten in there, unless by mistake.

I don't recall playing or being banned off of any servers pretty much anywhere, i usually stick around in most of em for a month or two before i try to find something new.

Thanks for the support though guys, i hope as well that they'll look in my favor and i can see what the hype's all about on the RP and ZM servers. :)

IA$|{

enderless
06-08-2010, 05:30 PM
KAC disconnect patch automatically bans players when their disconnect reason exceeds 254 characters. From what i can see, there are a few LUA scripts out there that will crash a server by returning a corrupt disconnect reason when the client leaves the server. Since the ban was on 5/22, i don't have access to the logs anymore.

I'll get back with you shortly.

enderless
06-09-2010, 07:42 PM
After going over it, we've decided that the ban will stand. There is no instance that a disconnect reason will ever exceed 254 characters with out malicious intent.