PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike Source HUGE update coming

ZerG
05-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Counter-Strike: Source Beta on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/260/)

About the Game
Available immediately, Valve has launched an extensive update to Counter-Strike: Source, now in beta. The update includes a host of new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Studios.

This beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.

Click the 'install game' button above to opt in to the beta and get started. If you don't see the button above, we've filled the available slots.

Please submit any bugs or feedback on the Counter-Strike: Source Beta forum

Features new to the beta
144 achievements added
New lifetime player stats and summary screens
New match player stats and summary screens
New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
New cinematic death camera<- KILL CAM?
New domination and revenge system
Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
Incorporated many source engine updates

RandomHero
05-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Looks like Steam is about to break CSS... Well guys, its been a good run. :P

Rooster^
05-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Im not so exited for this "new" css...all they are doing is adding achievements. if i want achivements points i would just play xbox360. How ever, even tho it not mention there, i hope they fix all the little bugs like the nade "trowing" glitch.

DoT
05-12-2010, 07:16 AM
I want a computer now :(

vince21
05-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Im not so exited for this "new" css...all they are doing is adding achievements. if i want achivements points i would just play xbox360. How ever, even tho it not mention there, i hope they fix all the little bugs like the nade "trowing" glitch.

me too! that glitch and the "crouch jump" glitch. nothing pisses me off more, than shooting someone in the air in the chest but only doing 85 dmg, because he was crouched when jumping. i aimed above the knees, gah.

Shotgun
05-12-2010, 04:14 PM
YES! Let's get rid of ridiculous hitboxes and make the weapons NON-hitscan...

Mongoloid
05-12-2010, 05:40 PM
oh boy

badfish
05-12-2010, 11:08 PM
go play another game then.
.....baddie

Naso
05-16-2010, 02:35 PM
I support the update, It's being ported to the Orange Box and the OB handles Multi Core systems a lot better then the source engine CS:S uses.

There a lot of little bugs that they could fix, but right now they are just trying to get everything the same as it currently is in the beta. Then they will iron out all the bugs etc etc.

If they do this right it could really bring many people back to playing CS:S, but if they do it wrong it will crash and lose many, many players.

Right now from what I can tell on the forums is just there are so many people bitching and complaining about little things in a BETA, that's what a BETA is for, to fix and change and get everything correct.

But w/e there are too many dumb people out there to really take the steam forums seriously