PDA

View Full Version : Power Supply Blew

DoT
04-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Dont know how long it will be till im able to replace it. Ill prolly get a new case and move my shit over, so i can get a power supply that will actually survive...and most wont fit in my current slimline case. Tired of this fuckin slimline shit.

Donations wont be able to come in either since my broke ass has to use the money for the case and power supply.

Ill prolly still be on steam/forums trolling like usual.

- Dotty. :/

SmurfSniper
04-30-2010, 08:27 AM
eh, if your gonna put everything in a bigger case, you can always get a 400w psu off newegg for around 20 bux and that should be good enough to run what you have dot.

DoT
04-30-2010, 12:31 PM
eh, if your gonna put everything in a bigger case, you can always get a 400w psu off newegg for around 20 bux and that should be good enough to run what you have dot.

I'm browsin newegg right now. I see a few 500W's for 40 as well, i'll prolly go with that or maybe even a little higher incase i decide to upgrade again.

The toughest part would moving all my shit...considering i'm hardware challenged.

Excuse my retardedness right now, i'm takin the edge off having no gaming utilities with many many rips of the bowl :)

SmurfSniper
04-30-2010, 05:11 PM
honestly with what you have dot..... I wouldnt see any use for anything bigger than a 500 I mean what all you have pulling from it... fans cd rom hard drives mb... and Im not sure on your graphix card does it require a plug from the psu or does it just plug into the mb and its ready to go....

my graphix card has to have to plugs from the psu plugged into it.

Mongoloid
04-30-2010, 05:59 PM
time to start pleading wit ur sis to use her PC hahaha

Nadia
05-01-2010, 09:15 AM
time to start pleading wit ur sis to use her PC hahaha

We shared that desktop....he has his laptop i have mine, he don't need to beg fer shiit! lols, i just reinstalled CS:S on mine but i'll be laggy as fuck as usual whenever im on my lappy =[

Mongoloid
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
oh boy

Nadia
05-02-2010, 12:59 PM
oh boy what?

Mongoloid
05-02-2010, 01:46 PM
oh boy oh boy

enderless
05-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Eh feel your pain. Just spent the last 3 hours trouble shooting and switching out mobo's. Come to find out one of my HDD's failed too =P

BioHaZarD69
05-04-2010, 02:07 PM
personally Dot i wouldnt go any less than a 750 watt PSU cause if you do and you want to add a nice video card and multiple hard drives and sound cards and shit 500 wont do the job very well...not saying it wont work but youll end up burning it out before its time dude especially if you run a PCI express vid card most have a minimum power requirement and 500 isnt the magic number for most...do some research or talk to a local PC store that builds custom machines{NOT BEST BUY EITHER!} real computer builders. anyways just dont want to see ya spend money on a PSU and then have to get another in a few months when ya decide to upgrade your video card or hard drives and shit. I personally have 3 custom machines 1 with a 750 watt psu and 2 with 1000 watt psu's. LaterZ.