PDA

View Full Version : VAC2, Dosen't stop them all.

Naso
04-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Disadvantages

VAC cannot detect 'content hacks', where, for example, texture transparency and color are manipulated, since they do not involve modification of any program code. In the Source Engine the option to create "pure" servers (sv_pure) that prevent custom content from overwriting the game's defaults was created to alleviate this
Valve Anti-Cheat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat#Disadvantages)

Unfortunately, this happens a lot, especially on the gun game server.
Just letting you guys know whats really going on.. and how easy it is to google " mathack " and will prob send you straight to it.

Needs to be fixed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Mathack.jpg

enderless
04-16-2010, 07:17 PM
I believe sio is currently compiling a list of materials that will be whitelisted on the server. Once completed, all servers will be be set to at least to sv_pure 1.

You are right, mat hacks are becoming more and more common, being as they are free to use and not VAC bannable. :/

sean7488
04-16-2010, 07:38 PM
oh those look like my hax! oh wait

Jackd
04-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah its a dam shame you took that screen shot while I playing.

No seriously it does suck but like Ender said Sio will find away to stick it to those guys.

khaotik
04-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Hmm.
An advantage to pure colored skins like that is a few fps.
All my guns are matte black, the hands arte matte black, get 5 fps just from that.
Sort of like

Shotgun
04-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Unfortunately, this happens a lot, especially on the gun game server.
Just letting you guys know whats really going on.. and how easy it is to google " mathack " and will prob send you straight to it.

Needs to be fixed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Mathack.jpg

Freakvision v3 correct? I had once tried to prevent this on another server I had been working on.

Natalya
04-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Not neccessary on RP tho. How the fuck do u hack there?

Sajora
04-17-2010, 04:32 PM
well you could see where ppl who are trying to hide are...

Natalya
04-17-2010, 04:40 PM
I suppose but most textures are custom and paked into the map. You can't (even if you knew the material names) override textures built into the map.

Sajora
04-17-2010, 04:42 PM
just saying

Naso
04-17-2010, 07:46 PM
I suppose but most textures are custom and paked into the map. You can't (even if you knew the material names) override textures built into the map.

Yeah, this only affects maps that use default source engine textures, witch a lot of maps do because they are nice. If the map had any custom textuers, like lego arena, they can't do the contect hack.

Still, easily fixed, and has been discussed long ago. Why not set the server to sv_pure 2 until sio finishes his list?

SmurfSniper
04-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Why not set the server to sv_pure 2 until sio finishes his list?

because it would kill the server.... I would honestly say that a very large part of the server uses custom skins and like it that way.... honestly dont think anyone is going to reinstall to play... no they will go find another place to play. I say just suck it up for a few more weeks or whatever it takes for sio to finish his list then weed out the wallers when the list is done (I know it will suck but all good things come in time)

just my thoughts

enderless
04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
as of this morning, GG and office were sv_pure 1

SmurfSniper
04-17-2010, 08:34 PM
yeah I thought so... my custom nightvision (blue instead of green) wouldnt let me in last night..

vince21
04-17-2010, 10:31 PM

sweet! thx for the info ender. @sio: custom skins are still allowed right? it's just mat changes that aren't geared toward weapons that are not allowed? i don't know everything about mat cheats and sv_pure, but i've been kinda learning more about them the last few days.

Naso
04-19-2010, 12:10 AM
yeah I thought so... my custom nightvision (blue instead of green) wouldnt let me in last night..

What do you mean it wouldn't let you in?

SmurfSniper
04-19-2010, 12:20 AM
I changed my nightvision file to one that turned the screen blue instead of green (cant see green) and it wouldnt let me connect because my nightvision file didnt match the original nightvision file. so I had to delete the nightvision.vtf blah blah whatever it is in order to join the server.

DoT
04-19-2010, 07:20 AM
night/xray vision.

sean7488
04-19-2010, 09:08 AM

awesome, going to be good to see what regular's arent on anymore cause they can't use there hacks.

Cogbern
04-19-2010, 09:40 AM
awesome, going to be good to see what regular's arent on anymore cause they can't use there hacks.

how r u gonna do that when u wont be on cause u cant use ur hackz

rjk83
04-19-2010, 09:41 AM

hahahahahahahahaha

Nice

sean7488
04-19-2010, 09:53 AM

pshhh im on right now fool

Shotgun
04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Yeah, this only affects maps that use default source engine textures, witch a lot of maps do because they are nice. If the map had any custom textuers, like lego arena, they can't do the contect hack.

Still, easily fixed, and has been discussed long ago. Why not set the server to sv_pure 2 until sio finishes his list?

Office 24/7 has been set to sv_pure 1 whitelist

Naso
04-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Office 24/7 has been set to sv_pure 1 whitelist

I know? Oo

I changed my nightvision file to one that turned the screen blue instead of green (cant see green) and it wouldnt let me connect because my nightvision file didnt match the original nightvision file. so I had to delete the nightvision.vtf blah blah whatever it is in order to join the server.

Shouldn't the server be set so that it doesn't kick the player and just use the default one from the GCF? That's how I have it set on the TF2 server.