PDA

View Full Version : New "clan"

Shotgun
04-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Hey, made friends with a guy online, trying to set up a 5 man team. We're gonna call it Ḵƴﻯ
You might see us around the server :-) nothing serious yet but wed love to become part of the N/U community, we have no server and were not sure yet about gettin one. Just say hi.

siosios
04-07-2010, 12:19 PM
We welcome it. Let us know what can be done on our part to make it hospitable

Shotgun
04-07-2010, 01:08 PM
We welcome it. Let us know what can be done on our part to make it hospitable

Thanks Sio. I was actually considering asking if I get enough interest, if maybe N/U would consider starting a "For Fun" scrim team for people who just want to mess around on the weekends and such. I'm looking into hosting Vent from my house but it's not looking too great lol. For now I'll use the 3 hour free rental servers and the 8 hour Vent servers.

DoT
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks Sio. I was actually considering asking if I get enough interest, if maybe N/U would consider starting a "For Fun" scrim team for people who just want to mess around on the weekends and such. I'm looking into hosting Vent from my house but it's not looking too great lol. For now I'll use the 3 hour free rental servers and the 8 hour Vent servers.

Forwarded your ports already?

siosios
04-07-2010, 04:26 PM
why not just have one of the admins create you a channel in our vent and use that.... better then it sitting half used most of the time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ill also be glad to setup a "fun" team server somewhere if you like so you can scrim... i cant allow the use of the W0rd teams as they are currently in the midst of a season.

DoT
04-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah shotgun hop in vent right now or hit me up when you get on, ill hook it up. And set it to your likings.

Shotgun
04-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Guys this is awesome. Thank you sooo much Dot for the help in Vent (channel set up!!!!) and thanks tons to Sio. I'll keep in contact with you about servers and stuff. Now time to recuit hehehe

All players of KYS will wear @nu a the end of their names.

vince21
04-08-2010, 12:23 AM
gl shotgun. let us know what we can do to help. :)

Shotgun
04-08-2010, 07:36 AM
gl shotgun. let us know what we can do to help. :)

Thanks man, thanks to everyone

SmurfSniper
04-08-2010, 07:53 AM
what exactly is kys?

2.random
04-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I like the fact that you guys are in a way helping the community with more people, but i really dont care for you guys having any part of the (word) scrim team tag on. Just my thoughts on it.

maybe just putting the !tag at the end of your names? just a suggestion.

-Donkey

Shotgun
04-08-2010, 10:34 AM
what exactly is kys?

It stands for Kill Your Self, and it is going to be a subgroup of N/U for people who want to scrim but don't have as much time as they want to. So it's kind of a for fun thing. We'll have practices (not mandatory) and maybe some scrims for fun against w0rd :D, IF we get good enough.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the fact that you guys are in a way helping the community with more people, but i really dont care for you guys having any part of the (word) scrim team tag on. Just my thoughts on it.

maybe just putting the !tag at the end of your names? just a suggestion.

-Donkey

Are you talking about the @nu? If you want we COULD just set up a !tag at the end of our names :-)

As a side note, not to Donkey, I'm thinking of making rotation teams like 20 players in 5 man teams that we scrim against each other and just generally play together on the N/U servers.

P.P.S. Im LOVING the role play server :-D

Asian Invasion
04-08-2010, 10:41 AM
P.P.S. Im LOVING the role play server :-D

you would love role-playing :-P
but I would be interested in some fun scrimming, I don't have the time for mandatory practices and all.

Shotgun
04-08-2010, 10:43 AM
you would love role-playing :-P
but I would be interested in some fun scrimming, I don't have the time for mandatory practices and all.

Exactly, I should probably put my email : drico618@gmail.com

Contact me guys if you're interested. There's no tryout, if you're decent and you're a good person then you're in.

2.random
04-08-2010, 10:49 AM
yeah i would like the tag on you guys.

thx.

-Donkey

Shotgun
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey I'm looking to learn some skinning to make some skins for KYS for future possible use. I'm using MDL Decompiler; VTFlib, and Source SDK, just wondering if there are any alternatives.

DoT
04-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey I'm looking to learn some skinning to make some skins for KYS for future possible use. I'm using MDL Decompiler; VTFlib, and Source SDK, just wondering if there are any alternatives.

Nats skinning/modeling guide is in the Customization Forums.

vince21
04-08-2010, 01:08 PM
hit me up if you guys ever need a 5th. don't scrim as often as i'd like, but i enjoy it when i do. :)

emptyclipz
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
if you guys need some1 hit me up i used to be on one of words cal teams so i know some strats and stuff if you need help with that sort of thing

Shotgun
04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
if you guys need some1 hit me up i used to be on one of words cal teams so i know some strats and stuff if you need help with that sort of thing

drico618@gmail.com - Send me your steam name

hit me up if you guys ever need a 5th. don't scrim as often as i'd like, but i enjoy it when i do. :)

Same here Vince go ahead and email me your steam name or just add me 222loser on steam

Were probably going to make a 20 man team, that splits into groups of 5 or 10 for scrimming
Probably each is named something, Red/ Blue, Echo/Bravo Something of the sort. We'll work in a rotation sort of way. So yeah, we could technically have as many people as possible in case someone cant scrim or something like that.

vince21
04-08-2010, 11:05 PM
sounds like fun. my steam info should be under my avatar, but it's word vince21.

DoT
04-08-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm down if you need the players.

I don't intend on dropping word tho...so i'm just in it for the scrimming.

:D

SmurfSniper
04-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Im with dot :P

Shotgun
04-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Im with dot :P

You guys don't have to drop anything. Its flexible :D thats the point of this. just fun times

StressTest
04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Sounds like fun and its a great idea to get traffic to the N/U servers. Good luck guys :D

Shotgun
04-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Sounds like fun and its a great idea to get traffic to the N/U servers. Good luck guys :D

Thanks man, it what I'm hoping for. I'm going to promote the crap out of it.