PDA

View Full Version : KAC outdated (lua source scripting)

Mitchell
03-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Ok so i have a friend that scripts with LUA on counter-strike: source, What the new version of lua does is make it so the people that have the mod can now config the the command that they execute to open a script (aka bans with openscript still will work on people that havent updated it..) My friend pickle changed the command to 'popcorn' to execute his script that disconnects every one from the server. I found one of the exploits how to block it (the disconnect exploit) Es_tools has a cmd that stops the view of disconnect msg being shown to clients (thus the long disconnect msg overflows the clients forcing them to disconnect unwanting) The cmd that came with es_tools: est_hook_events_matching "player_disconnect" it is located in the es_tools.cfg at the bottom. You could pretty much use a custom disconnect msg script to show people leaving. I hope this could help you some. Oh and the LSS site is here: 3rdEra (http://www.3rdera.com/)

siosios
03-31-2010, 09:17 PM
yea this is an ongoing thing but none of our server use es_tools. as for everything else that they use i am currently working on a fix myself.

Mitchell
03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Hmm, no es_tools, maybe there could be a way with source mod to hide the disconnect msg to say the same thing except it actually shows the disconnect message. If its not "disconnected by user." reason then it says 'Mitch has disconnected (unknown reason.)'

siosios
03-31-2010, 09:26 PM
it depends on the server..... all but one of ours is steam but none of ours run the tools.

Mitchell
03-31-2010, 09:28 PM
What...? I mean for source mod i could make a script for it...(disconnect overflow)..?

khaotik
03-31-2010, 11:05 PM
The point of booting people for LSS, is because you can use LSS to use exploits, and also load client side mods into the system, just like using a client side version of sourcemod, and loading your own values.

If you know what your doing, you can do all sorts of nasty things, teleport, give health, etc.

Natalya
04-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Right. This is a serious problem. Can they do anything else though aside from let players hack? Like do they have any server-sided functionality?

khaotik
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
YOu can load your own data into your console.
So yea, letting you hack would affect the servers.
LSS can also be used to lag and crash servers.

Natalya
04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Does LUA have any server-sided potential?

Mitchell
04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I dont Believe so, but my friend when he joins can make it say: Console: Pickle is Joining..
But thats because there isnt a real userid when some one joins so it has the default name "Console".

khaotik
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
GMOD is entirely in LUA.
IF you designed a LUA handler for CSS, i suppose.
Sourcemod is more streamlined.