PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Virus!!

BioHaZarD69
03-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey all just wanted to let yall know i got a bad virus this morning have no idea how i didnt DL anything or install anything firewall and antivirus went crazy all the sudden and it was all down hill from there...its called " Trojan.FakeAlert.5" lets just say it got by 2 firewalls an antivirus program and 3 maleware/spyware programs. rebooted after running spyware and antivirus and windows would not load couldnt even get to safe mode repair disk didnt work nothing...so im reinstalling all my shit from backups..
p.s. did i mention within 20 minutes of firewall alert i ended up at last count with over 16535 infected items? it multiplies so fast antivirus and spyware cant catch the fuckin thing.

siosios
03-20-2010, 03:06 PM
nope, read below:

Today in the late afternoon millions of users of famous antivirus BitDefender had their computers infected by a trojan virus type bearing the name “Trojan.fakealert.5. The company recommends all users to disable their anti-virus and give time to prepare a corrective update.

BitDefender users were surprised after updating to see all system files (dll) for Windows infected by “Trajoan.fakealert.5. This is a global phenomenon due to error, not a virus.
if your computer does not work, does not respond … do not panic, just off the realtime protection and to restore the infected files (if you did not deleted! If you need to reinstall your entire system) and wait until the next update of BitDefender.

Fix Trojan.fakealert.5 problem The BitDefender company is working on fixing the trojan.fakealert.5 problem. They have already posted information on their support forums mentioning that company will be issuing an automatic update as soon as possible.

taken from Trojan.fakealert.5 at BitDefender infected many computers | White Hat News (http://whitehatfirm.com/news/trojan-fakealert-5-at-bitdefender-infected-many-computers/2030.html)

more bitching and answers here
http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=18759&st=0

BioHaZarD69
03-20-2010, 03:49 PM
thanks sios for that update a lil bit late for me man but how was i to know...things went crazy then my machine didnt respond it really messed my shit up..but ohh well just thought ide let everyone know bout it....im almost done with my reinstall be on in a bit ttyl.

lplkassm
03-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up both of you. BTW, hope everything on your computer works like normal again Bio :)

BioHaZarD69
03-20-2010, 05:27 PM
ahhh ill get it all back i make regular backup of everything...if nothing else i got me a clean install now should run better....and ohh btw welcome to N/U

lplkassm
03-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Ha thanks Bio! Ill be sure to stop by vent more often to chat with you and sympathy again...maybe add Asian Invasion too :) ha