PDA

View Full Version : Onehit's Office Problem

onehit
03-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Yeah, so Friday I got a new 20inch Compac widescreen LCD monitor.
But I have a few issues now.
Whenever I go into office (regardless the amount of people that are in there) I will ALWAYS lag!
I am still running the smooth computer I had b4, but I can't figure out why I am lagging,
but It didn't start until I plugged up this monitor.
Does anybody know how to fix this? my screen is also a 1600 x 900 is that helps, idk about this stuff lol.
This is gonna blow if I can't play office w/o a lag, there's no point in me playing really cause its hard as hell to get a kill with a lag like this.

siosios
03-14-2010, 07:37 AM
your video card may not have the ummph to push the fps needed for that size screen. try lowering the resolution to a smaller one and see what happens.

sio

onehit
03-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Hell yeah sio.
I went in office, still was a little laggy..
Then went to options and since my size is a 1600 x 900 I only had 3 options to schoose from.
So I chose the one in the middle, and now my picture is almost like it was b4 on my old 17 in monitor, except in HD and now hopefully this lag stays away. If not, I really don't wanna pull more $ outa my ass for a new video card.
I might luck out and find a really good one at my sisters house I can have.

I also went ahead to see what kind of video card I was running.

I have a ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series.

Do u think that has enough ummmp for my screen and fps needs?

Asian Invasion
03-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Try running CS:S in a window instead of the whole screen, might help a little more

Mongoloid
03-14-2010, 03:28 PM
theres ur prob onehit u failed to follow the rules... when buying and getting something new for a computer it goes in twos. yours was a new monitor SOOOOOO you need a new vid card. pretty much the excuse claus so you can get a new vid card WINK WINK hahahaha update drivers for vid card maybe that could help too

onehit
03-14-2010, 03:39 PM
ya, but the manufacture date of my computer is late 2006.
Its not that old, it shouldn't be THAT outa date. especially when CSS came out in 2004.

vince21
03-14-2010, 11:39 PM
enh. you just fail at life, no biggee. :) like sio said, it's probably just no oomph. i have a 21-22 inch lcd. had to fiddle with resolutions to get the focus i liked. since you lowered the resolution, you should be fine until you upgrade your vid card. just watch how much better your gameplay is going to improve with a bigger screen. it's kinda cool. bc you can see so much more. have fun killing! :D

BioHaZarD69
03-15-2010, 06:52 AM
I have a 26" lcd and i would suggest double checking your refresh rates try playing with that a lil bit also go through your vid cards 3D setting , some setting that worked for your old monitor may not work so good on a newer/bigger screen monitor...espeacially with an Nvidia card..also if you do mess around with your refresh rates in your vid card and monitor setting dont go over what is allowed for an lcd{bad shit happens}..and make sure you match up the refresh rate in your game launch settings if you use the game launch settings.....

P.S. 1 of the nvidia settings that made a big difference for me was "maximum pre-rendered frames" set it at 2 or 3...if you have an nvidia card. hope this helps.
Laterz.

My bad you have a Radeon card hhmmmm not sure bout that card....still try the refresh rates tho and maybe do some online research as to each of the vid cards 3D setting and try changing them around a lil bit.

Shotgun
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
I have an Ati Radeon X1300 and I play in windowed 640x480, its small but accurate, and I run about 120 fps or more. If I DO happen to get fps lag, the small screen size masks it. :D

onehit
03-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Alright, thx guys.
and, I'll look into that Bio.