PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft Server?

vince21
03-01-2010, 01:57 AM
So, I have no idea why I haven't thought of this idea before, but what would ppl think about starting a warcraft cs:s server? I absolutely love these servers and it's a really fun different way to play cs:s. The possibilities of races are endless and I know a lot of ppl like these servers. There aren't too many out there from what I know and it could be a great way to get some new faces into the community. I'd be happy to help admin this server and help in any way necessary to get it started. Post your thoughts.

DoT
03-01-2010, 03:29 AM
I vote no, not just because the mod is terrible imo.

We are already trying to populate our current servers, and 2 of our servers get no players at all.

Getting our current servers populated should be our first priority.

-dotty

Sajora
03-01-2010, 03:55 AM

We are already trying to populate our current servers, and 2 of our servers get no players at all.

-dotty

thats what i kept saying before other servers were made but yea...

Miguel
03-01-2010, 06:30 AM
sorry i always kinda of liked the mod, but like dot said we need to work on what we have. :)

vince21
03-01-2010, 12:19 PM
that's fine. i've got my own favorites in my favorite servers. just thought it'd be something different to think about adding to what we have.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-dotty

if 2 of our servers aren't getting any players, shouldn't we think about getting rid of them? no point in keeping servers that don't get used ever. just my opinion, but why try populating servers that ppl have no interest in?

TiberianSun
03-01-2010, 07:03 PM
its complicated vince

vince21
03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
complicated, meaning what exactly? do certain ppl like them, but just can't get them populated? or do we just not want to get rid of them bc they used to be big? which servers never get any players? i'm assuming hidenseek is one of them. i like warcraft style just because it's so different. it adds a whole other element to gameplay. like i said, it's fine with me if no one wants to add it, but if you're trying to get more ppl into the community, i'd be looking into other avenues of doing so; not simply trying to rebuild something that fell apart. not unless there's a reason for doing so.

SmurfSniper
03-03-2010, 12:56 AM
well HnS is gone anyway (which I loved playing this server).... dm no awps is gone.... so whats really left that people dont play.... d2 (may not stay full all the time but its still played by many).... mg (from what Ive seen its staying populated)..... zm (we all know its populated).... office (stays full).... gg (needs work but still played)... rally (eh.... well I havent really seen anyone in this).... dm crackhouse (since the switch it has picked up a lot).... office unlimited (not played as much as it should be).... am I missing anything? O_o

siosios
03-03-2010, 05:16 AM
nope

vince21
03-03-2010, 10:59 AM
well then frick, which 2 don't get touched? bc, smurf, you got them all. i think i've got all but zm in my favorites list and the only one that really doesn't see any action now is rally. d2 can definitely be slow, but it is played every now and again.

DoT
03-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Office_U & Rally (Which does not even work)

vince21
03-03-2010, 10:05 PM
personally, i don't think rally will ever be populated. it's a simple race mod off of cs:s that was cool to check out when it first came out, but isn't something ppl would play on a regular basis. if necessary, i can help sit in spec or whatever until others join; but i don't think that would do anything. as for office_u, i go back and forth. a lot of the regs like it and will play it, but the others don't really know about it. i mentioned it in a different thread, but my suggestion to bring popularity to ALL the servers, would be to host each server on a different night for the regs. so monday could be gg, tuesday office_u, wednesday dm, thursday office, friday mg. or something like that. on the specified nights, you would attempt to get as many regs and new ppl to join that particular server. it wouldn't be mandatory obviously (maybe for admin?) but it would be a way to get ppl to try the different servers, get to know them and hopefully play multiple servers and get their friends to play them too, thereby increasing population of all servers and the community. i thought it was a good idea, but i never really got a response on it.

Asian Invasion
03-04-2010, 02:32 AM
what we need is the knife throwing mod for admins to turn on in office.

Jackd
03-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Sorry Vince I did read this somewhere else and must have got distracted or something.

I do like the idea, we can certainly try it as it won't hurt and not take too much work to plan and and set it up.

When I get home from work later we can post something official to try it out.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

personally, i don't think rally will ever be populated. it's a simple race mod off of cs:s that was cool to check out when it first came out, but isn't something ppl would play on a regular basis. if necessary, i can help sit in spec or whatever until others join; but i don't think that would do anything. as for office_u, i go back and forth. a lot of the regs like it and will play it, but the others don't really know about it. i mentioned it in a different thread, but my suggestion to bring popularity to ALL the servers, would be to host each server on a different night for the regs. so monday could be gg, tuesday office_u, wednesday dm, thursday office, friday mg. or something like that. on the specified nights, you would attempt to get as many regs and new ppl to join that particular server. it wouldn't be mandatory obviously (maybe for admin?) but it would be a way to get ppl to try the different servers, get to know them and hopefully play multiple servers and get their friends to play them too, thereby increasing population of all servers and the community. i thought it was a good idea, but i never really got a response on it.

SmurfSniper
03-04-2010, 08:07 AM
what we need is the knife throwing mod for admins to turn on in office.
lol I like this idea :P

well then frick, which 2 don't get touched? bc, smurf, you got them all. i think i've got all but zm in my favorites list and the only one that really doesn't see any action now is rally. d2 can definitely be slow, but it is played every now and again.

lol vince dont rage :P

I would stay in d2 if it was populated. lol then again I like dm a lot too :P
NEVER ever ever ever cared for office..... even back in my 1.3 days

vince21
03-04-2010, 02:03 PM
thanks jackd. that's one of the pluses for the idea. it's simple, easy and can be "disbanded" in like 3 seconds. BUT it could possibly work. i know i hate going to servers that ppl invite me when there are only like 3 ppl there. others join, then leave. if you get them pretty populated, they'll stay populated for a while. i'm hoping this will just open some of the players to the different servers. we'll see.

lol, smurf. you know raging is the only thing i'm good at. :) knife mod for office...i can already here the whining. personally i think it'd be awesome.