PDA

View Full Version : Tips anyone?

JunKeD
02-15-2010, 01:04 AM
I always wondered how people could start a clan.And recruit many people.How do they do that?I can only recruit like 15 people.Can anyone give me tips in starting a clan and make it successful?Because there are clans that start of with a team then to a 50 person clan then to a huge multi-gaming community!

Naso
02-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Have a server, website, forum. Be friendly and cool. Done

Jackd
02-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Pass out free beer! That will get them interested! U%|}

no really good luck!

enderless
02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Your avatar is a good start. ;)

NoogyMan
02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
If you want to start your own clan/community here are some friendly tips :).

Dedicated People.

One good thing to have is a few dedicated friends you can count on to help you out with donations or helping run and populate servers or recruiting, and friends that will not quit on you. If you're planning on having a community you should really have servers, so you'll need a few people that can help you with the server development.

Website.

You should also have a website for you members to talk, post probelms, meetings, scrims, rants, all that shitty fun stuff. Website also will help you gain more deitcated members, and help you're adminstrative staff better run your servers or clan.

Server.

You should really have a server for your members to have and play on for themselves and help bring in new members to your clan/community. Start out with one server and work gradually from that. You start out with 10 and they all sit empty than you're screwed.

Recruting.

When recruting for your clan or community you should always be friendly and nice about it. You also need to refrain from recruting on other peoples servers and community's or websites. Do it privately in some sort of chat system (Steam, Xfire, etc.)

Problems/Issues.

When recruiting for you clan or community. Do not recruit on other clan/community websites or servers. This can get your clan/community in serious trouble, on people's bad sides, or banned.
You also need to keep up with it all. Don't slack of or you'll fall behind and it'll crash and burn.
You also need to start out small. If with a server just start out with one don't start with multi servers or you'll end up falling behind and it will crash and burn.

I hope this helps you in any way possiable. You need anything please feel free to ask. Have fun and good luck.....

-Noogyman :)

JunKeD
02-15-2010, 11:08 PM

Dedicated People.

One good thing to have is a few dedicated friends you can count on to help you out with donations or helping run and populate servers or recruiting, and friends that will not quit on you. If you're planning on having a community you should really have servers, so you'll need a few people that can help you with the server development.

Website.

You should also have a website for you members to talk, post probelms, meetings, scrims, rants, all that shitty fun stuff. Website also will help you gain more deitcated members, and help you're adminstrative staff better run your servers or clan.

Server.

You should really have a server for your members to have and play on for themselves and help bring in new members to your clan/community. Start out with one server and work gradually from that. You start out with 10 and they all sit empty than you're screwed.

Recruting.

When recruting for your clan or community you should always be friendly and nice about it. You also need to refrain from recruting on other peoples servers and community's or websites. Do it privately in some sort of chat system (Steam, Xfire, etc.)

Problems/Issues.

When recruiting for you clan or community. Do not recruit on other clan/community websites or servers. This can get your clan/community in serious trouble, on people's bad sides, or banned.
You also need to keep up with it all. Don't slack of or you'll fall behind and it'll crash and burn.
You also need to start out small. If with a server just start out with one don't start with multi servers or you'll end up falling behind and it will crash and burn.

I hope this helps you in any way possiable. You need anything please feel free to ask. Have fun and good luck.....

Thank you Noogyman that is very helpful.

DoT
02-15-2010, 11:21 PM
My main tip is don't be to eager, most times owners get eager with expansion and additions.

Take your time and work your way efficiently up the ladder.

- Dot.

JunKeD
02-16-2010, 02:50 AM

Dedicated People.

On this part I don't know who I can work with.All my friends have no time or they don't want to join.Any of you guys wanna help me start one?Then maybe partner up with N/U if i gets big.

NoogyMan
02-16-2010, 12:54 PM
This is where you need to start your recruiting, and again shouldn't be in another clans area (this can cause probelms.) You need to build a few people that you find in servers (mainly people you would find useful in a clan.) You also need to determine what kind of clan you are planning to make : Scrimming, Pubbing, or Just a few friends that play for fun etc.

You really just need 5-7 people to start a successful clan. (5 being the least esp. if you're planning to have a scrimming clan.) You should choose wisely on you're 5 main people. They should be well acquainted with how a clan works and knowledge of the game you're playing.

vince21
02-16-2010, 09:59 PM
like noogy said, it depends a lot on what you're trying to accomplish. a clan is different than a community. my advice is this: don't even attempt to create a clan unless you are extremely serious about it. make sure you have the ability to devote a LOT of time to it. decide on what type of a clan you want to start. and lastly, don't even attempt to create one unless you are extremely serious about it (yeah, it's that important). i've been a leader in 2 or 3 clans (i seriously can't remember them all). i joined the first one to simply shut some kid up who was harassing me about joining <---- DO NOT do this. they really had no idea what they wanted to do, so i pretty much took over the whole organization process, got some ppl who were computer-savvy, created a web-site and got a server up and running. which is pretty impressive considering i do not know anything about how to run a server OR a website. the key? getting people i knew and trusted who knew what the hell they were doing. you can create a clan without having to create a website - i would suggest finalbattleground.com. they have everything you need to discuss what you guys want to do as well as offering some competition. if you are serious about creating a community, you need people who know what they are doing and who will dedicate their time daily to keep everything running. if you don't watch everything daily, it will fall apart in a matter of weeks if not less. i know this from experience. follow noogy's advice and you'll be fine.

NoogyMan
02-16-2010, 11:52 PM
follow noogy's advice and you'll be fine.

666(( It's cause i'm fucking awesome.:gunsmile:

** If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

٩͡๏̯͡๏۶ ŵĕēđ
02-23-2010, 06:42 PM
666(( It's cause i'm fucking awesome.:gunsmile:

** If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

learn it the HARD way , right noogyman? lol

Mongoloid
02-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Patience is a furtue deep breathes and calm additude would help