PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Lag

Shanamac
02-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone! I just want to ask some questions about the lag/choke that I have been experiencing in N/U Reg. Office. When I play I get random points of just terrible lag like when I am in a firefight with someone or when there are large numbers of bodies around I just get such bad lag that I can't even move my mouse properly. I have no other programs running, my computer is in good shape, no viruses and good ping. I have also downloaded this new Kaizen config. and everything was working just fine until I had to renew my anti-virus system and after that my lag has been bad. Even though I do not have any programs running I still get uncontrollable lag when I am in certrain firefights and other conditions. I am just asking about some tips that you guys can give me on how to fix my lag problems. I appreciate any advice that can be given on this.

Thanks to All,
Shanamac

TiberianSun
02-13-2010, 09:08 PM
when was the last time you cleaned all of the dust in your comp?

enderless
02-13-2010, 09:12 PM
have you tried disabling your AV/firewall?

Turn em off, join office and see if that fixes the problem. If so, you might just have to add steam definitions/ports to you AV's firewall exceptions.

siosios
02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
as ender said check your A/V and also open up task manager and see if you have any apps taking up alot of memory (more free memory the better), spyware apps can cause issues as well so check your system out.

sio

Naso
02-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Lag in firefights, kind of unstoppable, get a better GPU & CPU? Speaking of GPUs what graphics card are you running and whens the last time you have updated the drivers? Also like everyone else said, try disabling your AV or uninstalling it for a moment if you cant. If you don't go anywhere suspicious you shouldn't get anything.

Anyways.

Most of the settings in those high fps configs are not really needed, you only need a few like these to really get a performance boost.

Autoexec

Steam\steamapps\steamloginname\counterstrike source\cstrike\cfg\autoexec.cfg

r_rootlod 2 //Model Details Low
r_teeth 0 //Teethe Not Renderd
r_eyes 0 //Eyes Not Renderd
mat_picmip 4 //Very Low Texture details
mat_antialias 0 //No AA
mat_aaquality 0 //No AA
r_3dsky 0 //SkyBoxs Not Renderd
r_decals 10 //Max 10 decals
r_maxmodeldecal 10 //Max 10 decals on models
r_shadows 0 //Disables Shadows
cl_ragdoll_fade_time 2 //Ragdolls disapear fast
r_waterforceexpensive 0 //Single reflections
mat_reducefillrate 1 //Low Shader details
launch Options

Also the thing that will prob get you the most boost Is in the game start up config.

Games > right click TF2 > Properties > Set launch Options...

-dxlevel 80 -heapsize <integer>Note: -heapsize basically it uses the amount of ram you tell it too use. When using this tewak, it's recommended to use half your ram rather then all. The easiest way to get a rough estimate on how much ram you have.. would be going into the start menu, right clicking "My Computer" and going to Properties. Once you've found out how much ram you have in your system, multiply that number by 1024 and then divide that by 2.

So, if you have 1024mb of ram, you're heapsize should be: 524288.

Note2: You can take off -dxlevel 80 after you launch the game once with this on since it will always launch in dxlevel 80 unless you put a different one in the settings. If you leave It you wont be able to change your video settings.

Resolution

Setting your resolution lower can also help a lot since your video card doesn't have to render things so big, but If you feel that It doesn't make a difference In your system because of your CPU Is under powered or something, keep It medium low. I play at 800 x 600.

Should help out a bunch.

Lost Brotherhood Forums - View topic - Low GFX Configs (http://www.lostbrotherhood.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7120#p7120)

siosios
02-15-2010, 05:38 AM
i usually point people to the server tech section here to read up on fps increases via configs and other tweaks they can do.

sio