PDA

View Full Version : N00b Unlimited Mapping Team ת/ύ[мт]

Natalya
01-17-2010, 12:57 PM
-- N00b Unlimited Mapping Team --
The team is made up of N/U members who create maps that can be played on our servers. The Mapping Team has created maps which are currently in rotation on our Zombie Mod, Rally Race, and Gun Game servers. To become a member all you have to do is create a map. Once it is finished and uploaded you're officially part of the team. Team members are encouraged to work together and to ask each-other for help. The more we each learn the better our final products.

Team Members:
Natalya -- Leader
DoT
SmurfSniper
Sajora

The Tag:
Team members are allowed to wear the ת/ύ[мт] tag after their in-game name instead of the traditional ת/ύ tag.

Maps of 2010: (Newest First)
race_8-track -- Sajora & Natalya
race_siberia -- Natalya
race_the_loop -- Natalya

kamikaze_bad_ass
01-17-2010, 03:59 PM
i know that nat and dot put out good maps i never knew that sajoria even made maps an i would love to see one of his

i have a question thou what the fuck happened to random hero and the other guy that used to be in n/u and made maps i can't remember his name

and oh ya i have a few ideas for maps that i have wanted to have done FOREVER and before ya say to do it myself i fail at maps and shit i just can't get hang of it but if ya be willing to try to make one of my ideas hit me up

DoT
01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
i know that nat and dot put out good maps i never knew that sajoria even made maps an i would love to see one of his

i have a question thou what the fuck happened to random hero and the other guy that used to be in n/u and made maps i can't remember his name

and oh ya i have a few ideas for maps that i have wanted to have done FOREVER and before ya say to do it myself i fail at maps and shit i just can't get hang of it but if ya be willing to try to make one of my ideas hit me up

Sajora made gg_thehole.

RandomHero is away at college and is working on school. Monkey91 is the mapper you are talking about who made a short return, made the map of his school then disappeared again.

I have a bad feeling about that... lmfao

SeanConnery
01-18-2010, 05:35 PM
ok, who can teach me to make maps? hahaha

DoT
01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
ok, who can teach me to make maps? hahaha

Honest to god I learned from reading FPSB tutorials. And decompiling other mappers maps and learning some tricks.

Natalya
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Sean I know almost everything about making maps. Umm, yeah I can help you get on your feet with making them. :)

SmurfSniper
01-18-2010, 10:36 PM
I want in on this :P

SeanConnery
01-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Sean I know almost everything about making maps. Umm, yeah I can help you get on your feet with making them. :)

I am seriously n00b when it comes to map making, I really want to give it a go. what do I even need software wise? I am completely clueless but def willing to learn.

Cogbern
01-19-2010, 12:47 AM
ummm i may be incorect on this, but if the only requirement is to get your map on the server dont we have smurfs map in gg rotation(versus_mini)... so why is he not on the team???

SmurfSniper
01-19-2010, 12:55 AM
I had 2 in rotation, but I think terror was taken off...

Sajora
01-19-2010, 04:40 AM
I am seriously n00b when it comes to map making, I really want to give it a go. what do I even need software wise? I am completely clueless but def willing to learn.

if you go to your steam and open tools look for source sdk and install that. after doing that open hammer editor and choose css as game. hammer is pretty much all you need.

as for learning you should just search for tutorials on google. there are tons of them.

DoT
01-19-2010, 06:33 AM
VtfEdit, Pakrat, and Photoshop if you want to use Custom Textures.

Natalya
01-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for pointing that out Cogbern. Yea Smurf you're on the team then. :) You can use the tag if you feel like.

Sean start off with what Sajora said. You'll find in the tutorial section here some tips for creating your first map.

SeanConnery
01-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Awesome! Thanks, I'm on it......I will play around with the program and try to produce a map, haha.

DoT
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM
It would be so much easier if it was like the sims...

*sigh*

<JohnnyBoy>
01-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey I can help with this map making stuff if y'all need anymore help, scene both football and wrestling season are over for me this year, and i have more free time on my hands so i can help out and try to learn how to map and stuff! =]

-Jøhñѝýßø¥ת/ύ

Natalya
01-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Yea Johnny that'd be great. :) We still need more maps for HnS right now for one. I haven't really been able to map recently because I've been working on a secret source mod project in the background. But yea we can always use more mappers.

sniper1418
07-04-2011, 01:30 AM
will be making some deathmatch based maps in case the deathmatch server begins a rotation.

siosios
07-04-2011, 08:45 AM
might be loading up a dm-rotation server so keep me posted on the maps

sniper1418
07-04-2011, 09:36 PM
will keep you up to date, will probably be doing a test of one fairly soon to see how it flows.

enderless
07-04-2011, 09:43 PM
might be loading up a dm-rotation server so keep me posted on the maps

been meaning to copy over the configs from TwoTowers server, but i can't ever get a time when it's empty to shut it down. Not a bad thing tho i guess haha.

Guess we'll just have to copy configs and rebuild manually

siosios
07-04-2011, 10:25 PM
just shut it down letting people know first helps. then fo what you have to do