PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of War -- Help?

Natalya
07-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Okay so like 4 years ago when Wh40K Dawn of War was released for the PC, I was one of the first people to buy it. However, at the time, since the game was new only a few people actually played in the online mode, so I soon lost interest and went back to playing Star Craft, until I got CS:S... Anyway, now I've gotten interested again, and have re-installed Dawn of War, but there have since been 3 game updates... Winter Assault, Dark Crusade, and Soulstorm. These updates combined cost more than the original game itself, and don't seem to even need the original which I have anyway.

So, I was wondering if anyone could explain which one(s?) I need to get to have everything set up properly.

Seraphim
07-25-2008, 10:35 AM
I've not played 'em online yet, but I'm pretty sure all you need is just DoW to play online.

Natalya
07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Right but hardly any1 plays the vanilla online anymore. They all got expansions n' stuff.

Seraphim
07-25-2008, 11:40 AM
*ponders* well, the platinum edition (with DoW, DC, and WA) runs for 'bout $30 now... and Soulstorm is $40... if you sell off your original DoW, then the cost is only as much as an A-list console game.

(and after checking the box, yeah, I'm pretty sure you need DoW for WA, but not for DC [but I could be, and probably am, wrong])