PDA

View Full Version : OMG Google Wave

AwpsandKnives
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
TR%.
About Google Wave (http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html)

Its like email, forums, facebook, instant messaging, all built into the browser, in realtime, and its embeddable! God I'm such a geek, and this gives me a hard-on.

Siosios I hope you can embed this in the webpage when it comes out to the public. I'm gonna get an invite later so can't wait.

Mongoloid
12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
ok can we close this thread the word embeddable is posted ha

rjk83
12-10-2009, 07:58 PM
The crappy thing about google wave is that it doesn't integrate into gmail or anything and it isn't highly available yet... Eh, I like the concept and maybe it will be cooler when more people get on it.

Soopa, I've got a few invites left, PM me your email and I'll send you one if you still need it.

NoogyMan
12-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Ha GEEK! Google wave does sound purrttty NighC though! :-P

AwpsandKnives
12-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Actually there are plans to integrate with gmail, but waves still in open beta development.

rjk83
12-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah I know, we've been playing with it at work for a month or so as part of an internal collaboration project. I think it's great conceptually, but I still think they should have added some kind of gmail or gtalk notifications with it during the beta. (right now a big negative is the need to go out and check yet another account).

Although, Google Chrome (browser) just had extensions released for it (beta channel only) which are awesome, things like IE tab and wave extensions that will display notifications when new waves pop up, plus tons of others... If you guys run chrome beta/dev version I'd recommend looking into them, they are pretty sweet.