PDA

View Full Version : DVD's and Software

zekeus
07-10-2008, 06:10 PM
What is the best software i can get for free to copy DVD's? Unfortunately I have vista, so it would be really helpful if it was compatible too.

Please and Thanks,
Zeke

enderless
07-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Everything is free. :)

What exactly are you trying to do? Copy bought dvd's? Nero has an excellent burning ROM, but it won't copy any encrypted/copyrighted movies. For that i would suggest DVDShrink. It's a great prog, allowing you to rip dvds (lossless quality, including menus and subtitles) and burn them or create a backup image. You can choose to keep the movie encrypted or removed it all together.=P

FYI it works in conjunction w/Nero to burn ripped movies. If you don't want nero, then you can create your own image and burn it. Also, you can shrink (read:compress) movies, at the cost of quality of course. :)

Download it or hit me up for a copy. 8=>

Wolfeh
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
8=>

enderless
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM

-.-

royalewitcheese
07-10-2008, 11:06 PM
I personally use DVD Flick to make my videos. Don't know if it allows copying but if you are trying to make a dvd this one is good and its all freeware. Really good for movies that have seperate .srt subtitle files as it lets you put them in the movie and burn to dvd. Check it out

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=dvdflick&filename=dvdflick_setup_1.3.0.0_beta_build616.exe&use_mirror=osdn

zekeus
07-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Yea, well, I have nero already but the rom crashes 'cause its not compatible with vista (older version, perhaps?). I'm looking to 'borrow' movies from the blockbuster down the street. So the encryption thing would be a problem.I'll take you up on your offer their ender, seeing how I trust the stuff you give me (anal sex) and is usually safe (can't get prego from butt sex)

enderless
07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Perhaps this would be a good time to tell you i have herpes. :)

Yea if you want to upgrade i have Nero 6.6, 7 and 8 availible. I'm currently using 8 (the newest release) and i have no complaints. The only down side is that the newer versions consume more resources than the older releases. =P

Yea Dvd Shrink can remove all regional encoding and encryption for ya, so it should be right up your alley....if you catch my drift. ;)