PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying office rules

Sadistic
07-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Alright im in office right now, ive been playing here for ever it was like 115 or closer to 130 and i was shooting ppl trying to get to hosties then i got beaconed... and slayed in the same 3 seconds, i was trying to get there.

It was legend who did it,

Now connor had two hosties and was working on getting the others and they admins still beaconed him...

Whats going on? its a game y is this getting so serious especailly when you ahve to hosties?

Xfactor12
07-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I have had the same problems...I see people getting slayed for not getting the hosties wen someone is shooting at them.I have heard ADMINS say that people shouldnt get slayed when theyre not getting the hosties IF they are "battling" with someone.But i think that the problem in n/u is that not all admins are the same.What i mean is some admins wait til it is ten seconds past 1:30,other slay right at 1:30,some admins slay for killing hosties for the first time,and others just give thhem a warning.I understand everyone doesnt think/act alike,but it is difficult being a reg and having the rules,i guess u can say changed,everytime u see a different admin.Thats just wat i think.

Sadistic
07-06-2008, 02:31 PM
i can understand if someone is out the office and is obviously camping slay/beacon w/e the admin feels necessary but if they are in the office fighting to get there leave them be.

And later that game an admin was doing the same thing i was and the other admins did nothgin till i spoke up and said "hes doing the same thing as me shouldnt he have a beacon" then someone beaconed him right away. Admin or no admin everyone should abide by the same rules

soul
07-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I agree I have often seen someone in back window at 1:30 who is moving forward but is being constantly rushed be slayed. A few admins say that they will not slay if the person is moving/fighing but others do. I think it would be helpful if the rules were a little more definate

royalewitcheese
07-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Its reg office. Got alot of admins workin there and they have prefs. Thats why I like to just rush and get it over with. Alot are lenient to bigger regs then others but its all pref. My strat. is to try to be by 2 hosties by 1:30. Not necessarily rescuing at exactly 1:30 but be there. I can understand your dilemma though. I've seen examples of a guy makign his way to hosties but also fighting ts who had rushed garage and made there way to office. So hes back paddling down longhall toward hosties and its 1:20 and beacon is turned on him. I do though, remember a time when pasties/sio or someone high up told admins to be really strict on the time. It was pretty funny cuz ts would just start flashing when time got close and then run away and admins would go on a slay fest cuz cts were pushed back to doorway to garage or pushed back into side/long hall. Basically you gotta take the good with the bad. Admins aren't 100% strict on the time rule but they do try to hurry it along.

Now what I would really like to see is choosing team sides turned off. I've been in a server before where all you can do is Auto select and no choosing of side is allowed. That would be a great addition to the server as everyone knows its easier to get kills on t side as it is ct side and forcing folks to jsut auto team will cut back on weird mega pro stacks that do appear but at the same time; the auto balance could use a tweak since when big pro folks like tiberian etc come in the Server seems to go into some weird stacking at times. When auto balance does engage it seems to just flip that stackage to the other team for 8/9 rounds till auto balance kicks in. Gets kinda weird, then a admin has to come in and just reset server to try to fix the stackage lol. This has happened on multiple occasions

enderless
07-06-2008, 08:57 PM
On the same note, i find that a lot of ppl camp until the 1:30 mark outside while the rest of the Ct's rush in and die. Then the "fight" ensues to get to the objective.

In other words, the rest of the server shouldn't have to wait until the the individual decides to move. And as for the "I was fighting to get there" shit, you can just take that and shove it. There is more than enough time for the Cts to reach the objective. Even if t's full out rush office/garage, there is enough time to wrap around. Move your ass up or feel the pain. That rule applies to everyone in my eyes, as i am in office all the time so i know who the "130 campers" are. I'm not totalitarian, but i get tired of the the same shit every round.

royalewitcheese
07-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I get tired of the same crap as well but at the same time there is a bias to certain folks who always camp to exactly 1:30 at garage window for example and then at exactly 1:30 decide to move. Off course these people should be slayed/beacon etc but a person whose fighting his way back down long hall with a guy shooting at him from bathroom is a whole other subject. All in all its prefs of admins and how they see things. Onto that description sadistic mentioned about a admin doing the same thing and not getting penalized is true. As I never awp and for most part die way before 1:30 I witness many people including admins camping in garage window/ edge of bathroom to exactly 1:30 and just wait till someone says stop camping before they move. Its a strat. that many people use, especially awpers. When this does happen it does seem weird that the admins don't get slayed. I have even asked dollgirl why she was not slaying xyz person as it was 50 secs left and the person was told many times to move and she responded, "I don't slay admins." Its a problem this server constantly has had and as I posted before leads to admins forced to becoming really strict then people griping to ease off a bit. We just gotta accept admins have different taste and all try to in force rules. Differences do arise in small aspects and we should learn to just adapt just like we've been force to adapt to people not being allowed to be blocked which is part of game but having people complain about the awp and have a admin yell "its part of the game get over it" lol

TiberianSun
07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Its reg office. Got alot of admins workin there and they have prefs. Thats why I like to just rush and get it over with. Alot are lenient to bigger regs then others but its all pref. My strat. is to try to be by 2 hosties by 1:30. Not necessarily rescuing at exactly 1:30 but be there. I can understand your dilemma though. I've seen examples of a guy makign his way to hosties but also fighting ts who had rushed garage and made there way to office. So hes back paddling down longhall toward hosties and its 1:20 and beacon is turned on him. I do though, remember a time when pasties/sio or someone high up told admins to be really strict on the time. It was pretty funny cuz ts would just start flashing when time got close and then run away and admins would go on a slay fest cuz cts were pushed back to doorway to garage or pushed back into side/long hall. Basically you gotta take the good with the bad. Admins aren't 100% strict on the time rule but they do try to hurry it along.

Now what I would really like to see is choosing team sides turned off. I've been in a server before where all you can do is Auto select and no choosing of side is allowed. That would be a great addition to the server as everyone knows its easier to get kills on t side as it is ct side and forcing folks to jsut auto team will cut back on weird mega pro stacks that do appear but at the same time; the auto balance could use a tweak since when big pro folks like tiberian etc come in the Server seems to go into some weird stacking at times. When auto balance does engage it seems to just flip that stackage to the other team for 8/9 rounds till auto balance kicks in. Gets kinda weird, then a admin has to come in and just reset server to try to fix the stackage lol. This has happened on multiple occasions

way to use me as an example.

Side note: Whenever you get to read this post MALLER everytime you disarm me, I shall throw a super mega ultra flash into you and make you temp blind. Then I shall quit the server change my name and throw another super mega ultra flash into you. I will continue to do this till I get BORED or until you ban me but i'll just come back!!!!!!!!!!!!(one way or another)

HellscreamsRage
07-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm sorry that i'm not there as much but i have no problem slaying admins who aren't following the rules (i've even done it to myself for camping a few times).

No one is above the rules, you'll see pastiez come into a server and kick afk ppl, admin and pub alike to allow others a chance to play.

The 1:30 rule is tricky. I've heard anywhere from: be at the hosties by 1:30 to we'll slay by 30 sec (rule being that you don't have a chance to get back to the hostie rescue zone within 30 sec if you don't have hosties)

I try to be a bit lenient about it, at 1:45-1:35 i tell ppl to get a move on if they aren't moving up. Then one last warning and they're slayed, if they do it multiple rounds then the slaying starts at 1:30 on the dot. People should only have to be warned once or twice about the rules. We all pretty much can read english or understand english on the mic, and if you can't then you can't read this message anyways so it doesn't matter.

I haven't really been in either office server too much, so I don't want to step on anyone's toes who's a regular admin, and I'd always defer to those admins who are there every day and the server managers rather than try to overstep my bounds.

Admin abuse:
NO way no how get the f out if you do!

There are some fun admin abilities that you get as an admin, but they are NOT there so you can have your own fun time at others expense! Pubs and admins alike come to have fun, in a fun environment. Ppl can't do that if they are constantly getting messed with.

Now don't get me wrong, I've used some of those abilities myself. I've noclipped before, I've burned myself and others, etc. But when given the advantage, I never harm anyone (like when i have noclipped in the past). When you give yourself an unfair advantage you are more than likely taking away the fun of someone else in our servers.

Ya know everyonce in awhile when a player yells at you to burn them or drug them I think it's fine (pastiez and sios plz come in and tell no if i'm wrong, cuz i love you guys). But only at the players discretion! if they don't want it, don't abuse your powers and force your will upon others. A lot of you know I love the fun sounds, i think they are hilarious "Hell I like you, You can come to my house and FUCK MY SISTER!", but whenever someone says: yo thats getting annoying, I STOP. Except if its claydog, cuz he's a bastard child (love you clay). Everyone needs to know their limits and the players' limits.

What i'm trying to say in this long diatribe is use your best judgement as admins, don't abuse your slaying/or any other powers. and if any pub has a problem, go to the server manager, find an admin in teamspeak, get xfire and xfire an admin. (hellscreamsrage on xfire or message me on here) If they don't know how to help, they'll point you to someone who can or will get you help! I know i haven't been around alot so my viewpoint may not mean much, but i like abusing and opposing my will on children...ta da :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuck i went into a rant at 11:30 at night, fuck this im going to bed.

enderless
07-06-2008, 10:31 PM
i agree with you bud. there should be no special treatment, admin or reg alike. I do try to be non biased and by the 1:30 mark i'll always be on the mic/text chat with reminders to get to the objective.

One thing you should know: i will never slay another admin. Beacon yes, but never a slay. And if i have a problem in the server, i will approach that particular admin out of game. So it doesn't meant that i am turning a blind eye in game if i don't take actions. =P

Just out of respect for the other admins, as much as i would hope that they would do for me. :)

HellscreamsRage
07-07-2008, 04:49 AM
i agree with you bud. there should be no special treatment, admin or reg alike. I do try to be non biased and by the 1:30 mark i'll always be on the mic/text chat with reminders to get to the objective.

One thing you should know: i will never slay another admin. Beacon yes, but never a slay. And if i have a problem in the server, i will approach that particular admin out of game. So it doesn't meant that i am turning a blind eye in game if i don't take actions. =P

Just out of respect for the other admins, as much as i would hope that they would do for me. :)

but but but i love getting slayed SLAY ME!!!!!

LordMindhunter
07-07-2008, 06:59 AM
The way I do it is

When its 1.45 or something and they r camping then i give them the warning that its almost 1.30, and if they r still there i slay, with their i mean snipertowers, garage, front office, front stairs backyard camping, u know the parts where u can pick of ts that r comming out,

If its 1.30 and they r in a battle I let them live cause they r fighting, but if they r runnin after ts, even when the t didnt c him, instead of getting hosties ur slayed, cause first objective is getting hosties so.

And the killing hosties its realy simple if they r new give warning and say if they do it again u will slay, if they r regs they know the rules, And i hate the excuse i was just shooting a teammate and the hositie was behind him, or I didnt do it on perpouse. on perpouse ir not u dont need to be doing any shooting near the hostie when the ct arent around so NO EXCUSES.

SO new guys get 1 warning then slay then slay then kick then bann in my book.
regs dont get warning so just slay slay kick ban

And i hope u guys know I dont care who u r, If slayed regs that r friends and regs that arent. Thy know the rules the need to obbey so.

But like said from other players, admins r different and interperate these rules different so, Just know i live by my version.

and to playes camping and hosties being saved by other people, u need to beping bout 1.30 cause if ur mate dies u dont have the hosties do u and u arent going to get them in time.

and last but not least, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TEL ME WHAT TO DO like slay or kick him and stuff, We r the admin we deside what to do not u if i didnt c it u can tell me once but not the whole server telling me to slay every 2 sec.

And said by another admin, i dont slay admins neither buti do hope they dont push it lol, most do theire jobs so, we have to follow the rules to otherweise pasties and siosios will hnd our ass on a platter so, and i like my ass where it is, lol

Grtz Mindhunter

Doll_GiRL2
07-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Sad, I don't remember telling you that I don't slay admins recently.. I probabley said it at one time. But I haven't slayed an admin because they should we well aware of the rules. Some Admins don't like being told what to do by another admin so I'll probably bitch at them that they should do their job in teamspeak. I know at one time, I have had a disagreement with a particular admin and its been dealt with in teamspeak with another co-owner. A bit of it was in game but I try to keep it out of the players business so it doesn't disrupt the game.

Now for my version (because I see so many admins have various way in punishing)..
I try to give the person a chance to get the hostages to a certain period of time if they are "Trying" to get the hostages. However, if I see that the person is just sitting their ass in one spot the whole time, I'm of course going to slay and warn them that they should be getting the hostages. Right when it reaches 1:30 I tell the players to "hurry up" or "come on cts and do your job" than if I see that no one does anything I will slay. Plain and simple.

If I see someone killing the hostages I will slay. Because I see that the person doesn't do it again after I have slayed and then told them not to kill the hostages. If they do it again, I will ban for at least 30 mins to an hour.

Legend needs to take it easy more on the players but I think he can fix that.

I see some admins beaconing other players because "they were acting like an ass" or were being a smartass towards them. Thats not very nice or appropriate. Another particular admin thought it would be fun to tell players "Kill the hostages for a Prize" really makes me mad and admins should know better than that. That matter has been dealt with but I see from another player that the other admin decided to call me a "c*nt" on another server Office Unlimited server...really guys admins are supposted to be working together to help this community thrive not be assholes.

Please be respectful towards players and fellow admins, co-owners and owners.

Kirk
07-13-2008, 02:00 AM
BAN ALL ADMINS!!!

siosios
07-13-2008, 06:21 AM
i see an admin meeting is in order so that me and pasties can get to the bottom of this and fix the problems. thread locked