PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

Jackd
10-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Do we like it better then Vista??

Should I buy a fresh copy and start over or just get the upgrade?

SmurfSniper
10-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Ive been using it since about may and I like a hell of a lot better than vista :P and I just started over with mine.

Vanishedsoul
10-22-2009, 03:16 PM
I bought it a few weeks ago my friend works for microsoft....i love it, its soooo much better then vista, just think vista, but cleaned up faster,quicker, load times are faster, start up is faster, task bar is great, the upgrade will work just fine for you cause u can keep all your files....i went with the full version just to clean my computer. 7 takes some getting used to cause its got stuff that windows has never had before, i suggest u take time on Microsoft website to read the tutorials they teach alot about the os and when u know how to do stuff after that it makes it all that much better....i love the desk top gadgets lol even has a steam desk top gadget.....all in all 10/10 mac has good competition now, 7 is less of what we dont need and more of what we want....go buy it you wont be disappointed....speed of xp with the functionality of a mac....vista is garbage compared to windows 7 go with a full copy the upgrade is only good for 1 computer, full install is good for 2

enderless
10-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I liked Vista (no matter how much people bashed on it) but w7 is better. I've been using the beta since Feb. and loved it so much that i wiped vista completely off my HDD and used w7 as my primary OS. I still have a copy of the beta if you want to try it out (RTM beta keys are still good til March '10).

FYI i've always found that a clean install is far far better than the upgrade. Maybe they've cleaned it up with w7, but even w/vista the OS did a shitty job of installing and would constantly fuck up/BSOD.

Guitar Guy
10-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I'll put it like this....Think of Windows XP as Windows 98, Windows Vista as Windows ME, and Windows XP as Windows 7.

98 was good, real good, but when ME came along it sucked so much and was so bugged barely anyone liked it....But then came XP. At the time the requirements were a little high for some people to use at full speed, but it would be the top (Windows) OS for the next 5 years.

rjk83
10-22-2009, 06:26 PM
seriously tho.... do it...

Been using it since it was RTM'd and it's awesome. I use it all day as my work laptop (literally 8 hours a day) and apart from a few very minor issues (network file access related), It's been the best roll out from MS that I've ever seen.

If your used to vista, it's not a huge difference in navigation and naming conventions and such, but tons of improvement.

If you don't get it now, get it for sure when SP1 is released for it :)

Hell, we liked it so much that we slated a project for Q2 2010 to start enterprise deployment of it. Thats saying a lot seeing as it's MS software heh :P

Haha, and if it makes you feel better, Apple is pretty worried right now and they are apparently pouring tons of money into "anti - win7" marketing... In the past hour I watched 4 of their commercials :)

badfish
10-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Jackd

Talk to Bailion next time he's online. Lets just say he has the hook up on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

I just installed what he gave me and it worked flawlessly. Looks great, Runs much better than vista 64 imo.

what do u do with it without the internet?
.........baddie

SniperKiller
10-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Jackd

Talk to Bailion next time he's online. Lets just say he has the hook up on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

I just installed what he gave me and it worked flawlessly. Looks great, Runs much better than vista 64 imo.

u got it from him for free?

Mongoloid
10-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Why buy it? Its the internet you can get it for free...when there is a will there is a way i have me a nice copy works great too

Sap3R
10-24-2009, 05:30 PM
As im a tech student, I got it for FREE from MSDN (IT students only) and it's sweet. Vista was a pain in the ass for me, and I knew how to fix all the problem's but Windows 7 is just a dream :)

So yes, get it off a torrent and you'll fall in loveeeeeeeeee

Vanishedsoul
10-24-2009, 05:52 PM
illegal. torrents....: (....lame

SniperKiller
10-24-2009, 06:24 PM
can u post me a link thats virus free and works :P

Vanishedsoul
10-24-2009, 07:16 PM
illegal copy will eventually A.shut down everyhour or B. not receive updates from Microsoft.....it may be cracked now , but it will eventually stop working......atleast you know a store bought version will work and wont infect ur pc

SniperKiller
10-24-2009, 07:22 PM
i use windows xp cracked for the past 6 years lol and i get all the updates and i get all the stuff

NoogyMan
10-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Windows 7 is better! For sure... Illegeal copies my be cracked but they are cheap.....

rjk83
10-24-2009, 09:21 PM
can u post me a link thats virus free and works :P

Here is a link:

Category Results for Windows 7 on Microsoft Store (http://store.microsoft.com/HPWindows7Category?WT.mc_id=mscomhp_win7cat)

Don't be gay. Go legit. It's not that expensive.

SniperKiller
10-25-2009, 12:11 PM
y pay when i can get it for free? and its only gona last for a lil bit until a new os comes out

dvxAznSensationxvb
10-25-2009, 01:36 PM
yu dont lose everything on yur comp when yu upgrade....... unless yu actually say to clean everything, buh basically everything old is stored in a "windows.old" file in yur main HDD, even the old vista system files.......most preferable to not delete the core files of the old OS......... just to make sure w7 is much better, runs faster and more efficent..... lesser RAM usage and memory, a good fresh start if yu got a lot of bloatware in yur comp already, and new comps come with free w7 upgrade according to when yu bought it.............. biggest problem is drivers...... every1 has problems with finding drivers, so my advice is, either buy a recovery disk, and somehow find all the drivers yu need and use........ cuhz it is a biatch to find them all after yu upgraded and to find certain things being unusable in w7, like i have problems with quick media buttons, fn key, web cam, and sound card(mic). buh all software on w7 is vista software.......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
torrented ones are basically harmless, may show up on yur virus cuhz the crack is of a viral codec type so thats y it is stated that it has trojans and what nots, overall most are safe, just make sure yu know how to do install, cuhz it does seem to stall in one spot of the installation which yu probably think and freak out that its a fail copy, buh most part the cracks are able to do a job with installation; just back up yur shit, to find a good copy, mainly its wat most ppl seed and leech from, dont download things that are exaggerated descriptions like: best copy, or have a bunch of fancy shit in the name to draw attention to it, just look at the name of what kind of bit whether 64 bit = x64 or 32 bit = 86x; then choose if yur want basic, home premium, or ultimate. eventually i know that there will be a cracked final copy version for ppl who only have the RC version before the deadline gets near........

Pimpstick
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
question. Anyone else have any connection problems with win7? I ended up back to vista b/c my win7 would drop my net connection within 15 sec of my connecting to ANY game server. I could surf and download just fine, just couldn't game >.<
If anybody has any ideas, let me know. I'd like to use win7 (especially now that i can get a retail release)...seems better than vista to me, but i'll be damned if i can't play counter strike or COD4.

dvxAznSensationxvb
10-25-2009, 06:45 PM
its not yur OS its either yur router, or yur ISP........... i had a similar problem where it would do that buh my problem actually got fixed with w7........... either yu need to correct yur ip and yur ports, yur DNS and internet options config, and yur router settings to allow yur apps to gain connection......... im not expereienced in such a thing buh it sounds like it would help.......

Dr Pepper
10-25-2009, 07:17 PM
windows 7 is ALOT better than vista!

Pimpstick
10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
its not yur OS its either yur router, or yur ISP........... i had a similar problem where it would do that buh my problem actually got fixed with w7........... either yu need to correct yur ip and yur ports, yur DNS and internet options config, and yur router settings to allow yur apps to gain connection......... im not expereienced in such a thing buh it sounds like it would help.......

yeah i tried everything i could think of, no luck. I'll probly be re-installing win7 again in the next couple days and put some more time into fixing it. I mean shit, that was the ONLY problem i had with an otherwise great OS

dvxAznSensationxvb
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
i got more problems than most ppl on w7 buh i still use it XD

Vanishedsoul
10-26-2009, 09:49 AM
well asian its cause ur copy is pirated u tard

enderless
10-26-2009, 10:20 AM
yeah i tried everything i could think of, no luck. I'll probly be re-installing win7 again in the next couple days and put some more time into fixing it. I mean shit, that was the ONLY problem i had with an otherwise great OS

Sounds like a driver issue TBH. Do you have a wired connection or are you wireless?

well asian its cause ur copy is pirated u tard

W7 is still pre-release, so any and all copies by M$ are completely legit. The beta keys do not expire until march '10.

Guitar Guy
10-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a driver issue TBH. Do you have a wired connection or are you wireless?

W7 is still pre-release, so any and all copies by M$ are completely legit. The beta keys do not expire until march '10.

No, the version I have is still pirated. And the beta has already expired. The version that lasts till '10 is the Release Candidate, which is build 7100. I have build 7600, the RTM, which is pirated.

rjk83
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
The RC will expire on June 1, 2010 but will start to shutdown every two hours starting March 1, 2010. (Like ender said, effectively over in March and I'm sure by beta he meant RC). Full release was on 10/22 and are now available (full editions have been available for 3 months via MSDN / Technet or SA)

Microsoft already said that all versions, legitimate and illegitimate will receive security updates just like they have in the past. (security updates only, not value add updates and non-security updates)

That being said, there have already been dozens of reports of RC, RTM and Retail versions that were pirated and everything was great but are infected w/ trojans / botnet / etc... It could just be Microsoft fluff, but search for it as I'm sure the internets has more info (the internets knows everything)...

If your going to go illegal, then do it and be prepared for any issues / consequences, but at the same time, don't bitch or comment about issues you had (both good and bad) as if they are a reflection of the OS because you didn't want to pay the small amount for a new OS. If you have a pirated version, keep your feedback to yourself, you aren't running "Windows 7", you are running "Pirated Windows 7"

sean7488
10-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Just got my upgrade option in the mail, upgrading today. Hope it's as nice as everyone says!

Guitar Guy
10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
The RC will expire on June 1, 2010 but will start to shutdown every two hours starting March 1, 2010. (Like ender said, effectively over in March and I'm sure by beta he meant RC). Full release was on 10/22 and are now available (full editions have been available for 3 months via MSDN / Technet or SA)

Microsoft already said that all versions, legitimate and illegitimate will receive security updates just like they have in the past. (security updates only, not value add updates and non-security updates)

That being said, there have already been dozens of reports of RC, RTM and Retail versions that were pirated and everything was great but are infected w/ trojans / botnet / etc... It could just be Microsoft fluff, but search for it as I'm sure the internets has more info (the internets knows everything)...

If your going to go illegal, then do it and be prepared for any issues / consequences, but at the same time, don't bitch or comment about issues you had (both good and bad) as if they are a reflection of the OS because you didn't want to pay the small amount for a new OS. If you have a pirated version, keep your feedback to yourself, you aren't running "Windows 7", you are running "Pirated Windows 7"

I've pirated my OS since XP. Havent had ANY problems. And I dont always refer to it as "Pirated Windows 7" just as I dont always refer to Windows XP Media Center edition as Media Center edition, I refer to it as windows xp.

Pimpstick
10-26-2009, 05:14 PM

this is exactly what i figured, but i couldn't figure anything out. Apparently though, there are plenty of people with this problem and apart from a handful of lucky folks, there seems to be no kind of fix at all. Like i said though, i'll be reinstalling in a day or two and see what i can manage.

EDIT: oh and i'm wired

dvxAznSensationxvb
10-26-2009, 10:01 PM
pirated w7 is basically the same.............. my problem is just drivers yu dork army :-o

microsoft just took off the download option so they dont suck up bandwidth from their servers.... they still allow product beta keys to be released even now so if sumin is wrong with yur w7 it isnt a OS problem.....or microsoft trying to screw yu over.......... they still get evaluation updates from yu anywayz and basically they are worried about the problems not who has it, cuhz they cant be sure to track down whose computer it is anywayz..... too much of an effort which will cost MS money....... and their in it for profit, not to be the cops of the cyber world