PDA

View Full Version : Kid Gets Decapitated By Batman Ride

defc0n
06-29-2008, 11:36 AM
AUSTELL, Ga. — A teenager was decapitated by a roller coaster after he hopped a pair of fences and entered a restricted area Saturday at Six Flags Over Georgia, authorities said.

Six Flags officials are uncertain why the unidentified 17-year-old from Columbia, S.C. scaled two six-foot fences and passed signs that said the restricted area was both off-limits and dangerous to visitors, spokeswoman Hela Sheth said in a news release.

Authorities were investigating reports from witnesses who said the teenager jumped the fences to retrieve a hat he lost while riding the Batman roller coaster, said Cobb County police Sgt. Dana Pierce. Police have declined to release the teenager's name until an autopsy is completed.

I think a "boom headshot" is in order here.

Natalya
06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Shit man, I've been on that damn roller coaster... Many times... D:

defc0n
06-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Shit man, I've been on that damn roller coaster... Many times... D:

Just be glad you didn't get their head in your lap :\

Kirk
06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
God there are some stupid ass people out there. I read about this yesterday. Apparently he jumped like 2 six foot tall fences with signs that said danger and no entry or whatever.

Natalya
06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah what a moron. If he lost his hat on the ride, then A: He's an idiot for wearing a hat on a roller coaster and B: he should have known how close the roller coaster gets to the ground at some points... The ride is one of those ones where you sit with your legs dangling while the coaster is on a track above your head, so I can see how the kid got killed... Probably by someone's foot. D:

emptyclipz
06-29-2008, 03:19 PM
it was probably a wicked cool hat though...i straight up would put my life at risk for my favorite hat 8O

cinder
06-29-2008, 04:18 PM
it was probably a wicked cool hat though...i straight up would put my life at risk for my favorite hat 8O

The guy who was decapitated is captain of the failboat, and emptyclipz is his first mate. GFG.

emptyclipz
06-29-2008, 04:24 PM
since hes dead now i take his place as captain right?

Doll_GiRL2
06-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I overheard he was probably running away from someone, but why would you run into a rollercoaster

...shouldn't that be on the "what not to do" list? or maybe he was retarded....lets find the person who caught the head and ask.

but in all honestly, i would be freakin out if i was on the front row and suddenly you see this kid and you catch his head the next minute. ::shudders::

Kumar
06-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Yea I have been on that ride probably a hundred times. There are a lot of idiots that go to Six Flags. People are just ignorant and think the signs are just there for show. That stuff is well posted too.

roflmywaffle
07-01-2008, 05:31 AM
when i worked at canadas wonderland (a theme park), the owner came up to us during our orientation and told us the first rule about guests: guests are stupid

royalewitcheese
07-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I would like to know what actually decapitated him. If it was the actual coaster and people were on it that would be a omg moment for them.

defc0n
07-01-2008, 01:22 PM
It was the coaster that hit him, and there were people on it.

Kirk
07-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Lmao. I look up at the ad, and its an ad for six flags season passes. goes well with the thread I guess lmao.

Kumar
07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Could you imagine being on a roller coster and then a head plopped into your lap! There would be some punitive damages paid for those psychologist appointments. lol

GriMz
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
i helped build a roller coaster at that same theme park here in georgia 7 years ago.

you all wouldn't beleive some of the stuff that that entails.

I did the foundations and forms for it, and then later some of the other stuff was contracted to me back when i was still in good health.

the thing that got me the most was the stress testing, they take great big drums of water and put them where humans woul dbe, then set the coaster in motion, that same coaster messed up and derailed, luckily no one was hurt, but the coaster wasnt opened for an additional year.

after seeing that, i will never even consider getting on a coaster till it has been running at least a year, things do happen.

terrible about the kid, but if he was capable of scaling 2 6 foot fences, he was capable of reading, and who doesnt understand black/red black/orange signs mean there is a risk involved, and a great one at that.

in florida if you cross those type of signs on someones property you will probably either be :

a) shot and possibly killed

or..

b) mauled by a pitbull.

either way, it isn't good.

guess people in south carolina take stuff like that lightly.