PDA

View Full Version : had fun ..... may come back someday

SmurfSniper
09-09-2009, 01:44 AM
well, my computer is officially fucked so I guess Im out.... had fun gaming with everyone... tried my best to do what I could for the server and make sure it stayed fun :D
I do hope to come back someday but unfortunately I cant afford shit right now so Im gonna
have to do without for awhile. I will still be checking the forums (via moms pos pc) and trying to keep in touch when I can but not being able to play in game with you guys... well it wont be the same.
thanks for all the fun times guys!

Bailion
09-09-2009, 10:18 AM
hmmm, this gives me an idea. I think that for community gamers that have been around for a while and have really gave back to the community. we should raise money and build them PC's when they are in this position. Pen has built machines for buddy's he has gamed with and sent them to them through I think UPS. It would show how loyal our community is. But this will only work if people are not greedy. Your computer would have to be completely toasted like in SmurfSnipers Situation. But we could have volunteers build the computers. Me, Pen, Rag, and Crash all live in the same town and love building PC's so if you would need volunteers we would def do it. Just a thought.

DoT
09-09-2009, 12:16 PM
hmmm, this gives me an idea. I think that for community gamers that have been around for a while and have really gave back to the community. we should raise money and build them PC's when they are in this position. Pen has built machines for buddy's he has gamed with and sent them to them through I think UPS. It would show how loyal our community is. But this will only work if people are not greedy. Your computer would have to be completely toasted like in SmurfSnipers Situation. But we could have volunteers build the computers. Me, Pen, Rag, and Crash all live in the same town and love building PC's so if you would need volunteers we would def do it. Just a thought.

I'd be down to throw in a few dollas fo a holla at smurf.
:)

Nah but i like this idea although it would be tough to execute because someone could easily hop on hear and cry broke and have these wonderful men build them a comp 10x better than what they have...short n sweet - easy scam. But it is a good idea, similar to the support-a-kami fund we had going on. I'd be down to help any of our long time members. Especially since they put their money into our servers. They put in for us, now we can put it into them :O

Bailion
09-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Ya, that's why I feel that They would have to had played with the community for a while, Be active and give to the community. Most of the honest gamers fall into that category. But yes it could be a little risky so we could not just give them away to anybody. Or we could have a forum where people post about their crappy computer then the community votes who is the most deserving at the time of a new computer. We would just have to look at this from every angle and try to eliminate scams. But we shouldn't have a problem with our long timers hopefully. Great post Dot i have been looking for feedback on this all morning :).

ORGANDONOR
09-09-2009, 03:18 PM
later man hope you get your ass back in here really soon its not going to be the same with you not here

Penatrater
09-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Im down to build him a new one ! I built Pwdrhound one and sent it 3 day UPS to Montana. It would be no problem at all. Hell he can use my Rig if you want too. Lord knows i cant use the fuckin thing with no internet !..... Fail

Shit i already have Bail.

1: 500 gig hardrive new
2: 2 sticks ddr2 800 mhz
3: 500 watt psu
4: heat sink and fan for intel quad or duo
5: gtx 260 maybe and i mean maybe...

let me know

Miguel
09-09-2009, 08:54 PM
sorry to see you go if this computer thing goes through ill donate.

<JohnnyBoy>
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
oh dam that really sucks... srry that you have to go and everyone will miss you and good luck man

SmurfSniper
09-10-2009, 01:55 AM
guys its nice of you to come up with the idea, but I dont think I could accept. Im not exactly sure whats wrong with mine... my guess is power supply and I am hoping the motherboard is still good... a buddy is going to let me borrow his power supply tester this weekend.. if its that I just gotta save to get the power supply found a cheap one but Im not sure if it will do.... its 450 watt but, my buddy seems to think that I may have been pushing mine with all I had hooked up... Im not sure myself I just know it started makin some funky ass noises before it died on me... personally right now I feel like smashing it and throwing it to the curb.... since there are a lot in here that know more than I do... this is what its doing
of course its not coming on at all, but I can unhook everything plug it in and the led comes on on the power supply, then unplug and hook back to the motherboard and the fans kick on for a fraction of a second and the power supply led goes off.... like I said I am hoping its just the power supply which will still be a struggle to save for but should be able to get one in a couple months.... if its the motherboard..... eh I dont even want to think about it... I keep hoping that things pick back up Im tired of being poor.
not to mention everthing I have is hooked up with sata except the vid card so thats 2 hard drives, a dvd drive, dvd burner, and the video card.... is that to much?

Penatrater
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Or....

Find a box = free
Find news paper = free
I handle shipping = free
i fix it = free
your gaming = woo hoo

warlord4650
09-10-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd love to help but i'm so dead on money currently i wont be able to..
sorry to see you go, but hopefully this works out and you can continue playing, but if not. hope to see you soon smurf. :)

SmurfSniper
09-11-2009, 08:27 PM
pen I will have to get back with ya on that... I am going to see what I can do, my buddy thinks he may be able to help me MAYbe... turns out its just a 300 watt power supply dunno why I thought it was 450. so I am taking a few things out and see if I can get this shit going. gonna go back to my original vid card and taking out the dvd drive, and transfering everything from my small hard drive to my external. but if ya want pen add me on xfire or leave me a message on myspace and I will try to get back to ya

Penatrater
09-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Does the PC start up ? Does it post or load windows ? I cant remember, I have had a shitty week. Anyways try this..

unhook everything ie: hardrive.. optical drive.. take all the RAM out except 1 stick.. unhook all fans minus the cpu fan !!

If you have onboard video on your motherboard then take out your video card also. If not leave the video card in.

Your computer needs the power supply hooked up to the motherboard and 1 stick of RAM in and cpu &fan hooked up thats it. It should post or attempt to boot.

With all that done, that leaves the problem to only your power supply and or motherboard. Try swapping out to the other RAM stick. Again only have one stick in the motherboard.

Also: try taking the motherboard battery out for 5 minutes and then putting it back in. Push in on your bios chip too. should be a small black little square says bios on it. Just push in on it do NOT remove it. I am betting on your power supply is toast. Thats a easy fix if so. let me know what happens GL !

SmurfSniper
09-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Does the PC start up ? Does it post or load windows ? I cant remember, I have had a shitty week. Anyways try this..

unhook everything ie: hardrive.. optical drive.. take all the RAM out except 1 stick.. unhook all fans minus the cpu fan !!

If you have onboard video on your motherboard then take out your video card also. If not leave the video card in.

Your computer needs the power supply hooked up to the motherboard and 1 stick of RAM in and cpu &fan hooked up thats it. It should post or attempt to boot.

With all that done, that leaves the problem to only your power supply and or motherboard. Try swapping out to the other RAM stick. Again only have one stick in the motherboard.

Also: try taking the motherboard battery out for 5 minutes and then putting it back in. Push in on your bios chip too. should be a small black little square says bios on it. Just push in on it do NOT remove it. I am betting on your power supply is toast. Thats a easy fix if so. let me know what happens GL !

nah, the power light on the front wont even come on... I hit the button and it dont do shit.. tried everything you posted and still get the same thing..

Penatrater
09-12-2009, 01:02 PM
yeah your power supply is toast. I ordered one yesterday from new egg. There have many different ones with reviews you can read. Post your system specs

motherboard
CPU
ram
Hard drive(s)
videocard
how many fans in case
dvd rom drives
ect

SmurfSniper
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
yeah your power supply is toast. I ordered one yesterday from new egg. There have many different ones with reviews you can read. Post your system specs

motherboard
CPU
ram
Hard drive(s)
videocard
how many fans in case
dvd rom drives
ect

this is all I can really tell ya about the motherboard
asus motherboard
2.6GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ dual core processor.
320 gb hard drive
ati x1900 xtx or ati radeon hd 2600 (x1900 outta bros pc, radeon was my original)
including the processor fan there are 4 fans
dvd burner
4 gb ram
.... honestly without having the pc on thats about all I know

SmurfSniper
09-18-2009, 05:47 AM
sold a 1994 rm 125 dirtbike and ordered a power supply lol should have it in by next week sometime :D thanks pen

Cogbern
09-18-2009, 07:47 AM
ok i had the same problem with my computer a couple months ago. The power supply shitted out on me, so I went to frys and got a new one and plugged it all back in and it worked just fine after that. I had a 300 watt power supply got a 350 for like 35-40 dollars and plugged it in and it started to work again.

SmurfSniper
09-18-2009, 07:49 AM
just got a tester and tested to make sure it was the power supply and the tester lights up for a second and then dies so yea definately the power supply. should be back by next weekend.... Hopefully O_o

once again
I wanna thank everyone for helping out with this. pen your awsome for finding the right power supply CHEAP.... even though you wear crocs! lol

Penatrater
09-18-2009, 08:15 AM
LOL ! no problem man glad to help.

NoogyMan
09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
NOOO you can't stay! I didn't get to say good-bye yet!!!!!

TR%.Bye Smurf i'ma miss you sOOOOOOOOO much! It won't be the same without you; you make the servers a box full a fun!

Ok that pretty much covers it.... Welcome back brother! Glad you got everything settled and will be staying around! 3333ch 3333ch