PDA

View Full Version : G Card that wont break the bank

P4p3r
08-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone, as some of you know I used to own an ALX (alienware but out of date) its a long story on why I dont have it anymore, but I recently aquired a "used" HP desktop from a buddy of mine. The specs on the computer are ok, AMD quad CPU, 4g ddr2 RAM, but this is the problem. The Graphics card is crap (8500gt) although it runs CS:S it is hardly ideal.

Now I know were to get a card and I know the sites, but I just wanted the opinon of some of my fellow gamers, on what kind of card I could get that would run CS:S decently IE35+fps (at all times). But I dont want to spend more then 125$. Keep in mind my motherboard isn't SLI aswell. If you know of a GOOD card that will do this please let me know, and thanks in advance!

siosios
08-06-2009, 07:48 PM
hmm thats a tough one...

ORGANDONOR
08-12-2009, 08:32 AM
i dont know man let me think on this a lil ill get back to you

Nubosal
08-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Try the 9600 GT, and overclock it a little. I do that and in the stress test I got more than 400 FPS.
If I put the graphics quality to medium all, AA, AntiAliasing and AF, Anisotropic Filtering to 4x both, I have like 55-70 FPS all the time. Right now Im playing with graphs at all and never goes under 25-30