PDA

View Full Version : Music Inside Servers.....

Soviet
07-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Ok, As you know, Im Soviet... I have played on N/U for about a year or two or three(I dont remember). recently i have played on the Minigame server more and more, everyday. But i especially love playing when someone plays music. But, i have noticed that now, we cannot play music anymore and im starting to get a little bored... Now my question is, If the MAJORITY of the people in the server enjoy the music being played by a dj... then why not let them play? I know that there is a very VERY fine line between Mic Spamming and playing music but, i beleive that if the people inside the server enjoy it, then why not? The while that i have been here, i have found out that N/U is one of the best, player-friendly, servers i have ever played on. Now, do not get me wrong. If an admin is on, and requests, or says "Stop" or "Quit" then, by all means, we have to stop. Admins could also make sure that the players want the music but initiating a vote, can they not? I only brought this up, because i love hearing music inside the server, it makes me want to play more, i know MANY of my frienes inside the server love it as well. AND it tends to keep people in good moods, and good spirts so people get ALONG.... Please Post..

DoT
07-31-2009, 09:25 AM
Soviet has a good point here. I understand that in some cases people get pissed and consider the music playing "Spamming" but when I've been in the server and let players DJ as well as do some myself (Only after a vote), the entire server seems to enjoy it and play longer and more.

I also understand that we have source tunes radio and owned radio, but more than 90% of the time, players aren't gonna get the songs they want to hear from those sources.
Source Tunes plays wtf ever it wants, and Owned Radio's DJs aren't on the same hours as our players for the most part or skip some requests.

If we let a player DJ we can just take requests from players in the servers, grab the song real quick and its all good.

It can also be easily controlled by an admin if players start complaining.

Bottom dot, I support Soviets emotion.

badfish
07-31-2009, 09:45 AM
bad idea get an ipod broski
.........baddie

Sajora
07-31-2009, 09:49 AM
i agree with badfish. if they want music they can listen to the radio or just play their own music on their own comp so no1 else hears it. thats not hard work and no1 gets pissed in the server and leaves.

Saj.

RandomHero
07-31-2009, 09:53 AM
ima have to go with sajora and badfish. What we have on the admin sound list plus the radios is enough.

Mfh_Betts
07-31-2009, 11:05 AM
word.

pasties
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
I personally don't think it's a good idea...but if EVERYONE IN THE SERVER SAYS "YES" (from a vote) then by all means go ahead...but if i hear one complaint. then it is ova!
god has spoken :)

pasties

Mfh_Betts
07-31-2009, 12:04 PM
i hate u pasties.

im still going to mute if i hear it.

<3

pimp daddy, has spoken!

warlord4650
07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
baddie has a point....... but overall im totally for the music idea, i play in the minigame server everyday and i enjoy hear the music people play, unless it's shitty music...

I'm with soviet! =D

<JohnnyBoy>
07-31-2009, 02:07 PM
I agree with badfish....
But in the admin music i think the barrelroll song should be put in Zombie mod then mini game and picard should be their?

RandomHero
07-31-2009, 02:18 PM
I'll decide what music goes on there and what doesnt :P

rjk83
07-31-2009, 02:43 PM
overall im totally for the music idea, i play in the minigame server everyday and i enjoy hear the music people play, unless it's shitty music...

I think that the "unless it's shitty music" is exactly the reason this won't work. And like everyone has already said.. Just grab some headphones or listen to your own music, then you don't have to worry about pleasing everyone's musical taste...

Personally, I hate music in servers.. I don't play on mini game server much at all, but it just seems like mucho complaints waiting to happen..

P.s. - the sound quality of the music blows also!

SniperKiller
07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
uhh can we close this....

PASTIES ALRDY APPROVED IT SO THERE SHOULDNT BE ANYMORE TALK ABOUT THIS

Mfh_Betts
07-31-2009, 03:03 PM
i vote against pasties vote.!!!

Discussion continues!

SniperKiller
07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
ur vote has been over turned cannot override a g0d lol

Mfh_Betts
07-31-2009, 03:09 PM
dont make me get my baby pwder and bitch slap some hoes!
Even gods can be bitch slappd!

TiberianSun
07-31-2009, 03:20 PM
dont make me get my baby pwder and bitch slap some hoes!
Even gods can be bitch slappd!

LOL hahahahahahahahahahahaha

<JohnnyBoy>
07-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Well look like there going to be a lady fight in here!

Sajora
07-31-2009, 03:42 PM
id say we need a clear yes or no here so this whole thing doesnt go nuts like some other things and the music thing depends on the admin on then.
id still say no cause its not a big deal to play music on your own comp. and we have the radio in the server. no1 could bitch about mic spamming, players dont have to leave cause they dont like it.

Rey
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok this is my way of playing music:

-Only in Mini Game!
-Vote must be +90%
-Players vote on the songs
-Once a player says "ok stop PLEASE" then its done.
-Cant say "STFU DUMB FUCK" or "fucking mic spammer ban them" Be nice :)
-Mini Game is for fun, some music makes it fun
Rey's opinion :)

rjk83
07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
I personally don't think it's a good idea...but if EVERYONE IN THE SERVER SAYS "YES" (from a vote) then by all means go ahead...but if i hear one complaint. then it is ova!
god has spoken :)

pasties

... To illustrate a point...

Looks like it would need to be 100% vote, and no complaints.

Rey
07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Can we settle for 95%? :)

Zaku-x109
07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Even though I don't post very often as I used to, I'll post my thoughts in here since this topic caught my attention.
| - Five*: (senteces here) <= Higher level admins add addition comments to clear any confusion on this number. |

There's a reason why we have the rule: "No Mic Spamming".
- One: A lot of people don't enjoy hearing/seeing (meaning the name of the mic user) continuous and lengthy mic usage (this includes: regular talking, making unnecessary noise, playing music that is either good or bad quality, holding the mic down with or without making any sounds).
- Two: Most people can't play good music over their mic because it's either crappy quality because they put their mic(s) up to their speakers to play the music which in-turn makes the music bad quality.
- Three: Even if there's a vote and it is either 100% yes or 95% no, it doesn't mean the rule(s) can be just pushed aside because of a public vote.
- Four: Another thing to note is that not everyone wants to hear in-game music or music that is played through the mic. Everyone has different tastes in music. So, if you're playing a song you like, that doesn't necessarily mean they like it and wish to hear it. Especially if they're listening to music that is not played in-game, but out of the game from a separate program.
- Five*: Even if the player that is using the mic to play music whether or not it is good quality is an admin, doesn't mean the rules are exempt for this person.

In my opinion, the Owners and Jr. Owners of the Server(s) are the ones that decide whether or not to allow these types of things on the server(s).
________
Children Prilosec (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

SniperKiller
07-31-2009, 04:21 PM
wow can we close this alrdy pasties alrdy said yes

y is every1 comin in and here and sayin no still

god u ppl need to learn how to fuckin read

DoT
07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
In my opinion, the Owners and Jr. Owners of the Server(s) are the ones that decide whether or not to allow these types of things on the server(s).

And pasties has already done that.
Discussion over i believe?

rjk83
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
wow can we close this alrdy pasties alrdy said yes

y is every1 comin in and hear and sayin no still god u ppl need to learn how to fuckin read

Here is why. Because whenever pasties says "I personally don't think it's a good idea...but if EVERYONE IN THE SERVER SAYS "YES" (from a vote) then by all means go ahead...but if i hear one complaint. then it is ova!"

A lot of Jr. Owners think.. Oh shit, here is a rule that is very wide open, can we get some definition and clarification a little bit so that if this is going to be the rule, than we can know what the expectations actually are and use that to perform our duties. In the past, the rule has always been no mic spamming and playing music on the mic has been universally considered mic spamming. So.. If that is going to change, people want to know.

I don't think that it is an issue that you need to be a dick about and say shit like "you people need to learn how to fuckin read". If insulting people is the only thing you can add to the conversation, then please don't post. I don't want to get into a internet retard argument about this but show some respect to other people and their comments.

On the last note, the only thing that people are asking for is some clarification, and I don't think that it's unhealthy for people to put their $.02 in on the discussion.

SniperKiller
07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
pasties already clarified alrdy in his post

"I personally don't think it's a good idea...but if EVERYONE IN THE SERVER SAYS "YES" (from a vote) then by all means go ahead...but if i hear one complaint. then it is ova!"

whichs means the vote has to be 100% and nothing less and there r no complains about it to him or other admins or owners its that simple and not hard to figure out

Jackd
07-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Ok I want to add to the conversation :)

1. I don't agree with the music but why not try something new.
2. Pasties gave his "GOD" approval but I really think it is Random's decision if he wants it on the Mini Games server or not.
3. Since it is Random's decision and if he wants it I think Random should take everyone's opinion and make like a motd or something to clarify what the actual rules are.
4. To be clear we are only allowing the music on mini game server and absolutely not the other servers unless a Jr. Owner wants on their server.
5. Everyone be nice and get along.

Have a nice day!

NoSympathy
07-31-2009, 06:28 PM
stop fucking wanting to change rules. we need to get global rules for all of the servers so shit like this doesn't go on. playing music = mic spamming = annoying.

Ok I want to add to the conversation :)
4. To be clear we are only allowing the music on mini game server and absolutely not the other servers unless a Jr. Owner wants on their server.
Have a nice day!
That right there is the problem. people who play on the mini game server are going to automatically assume it's allowed on all servers. they are going to get banned and cause much more problems then its worth

siosios
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM
i think the servers should be uniform in the rules. i do not agree with the spamming of music over the mic as that is one thing that will get you perm banned if im around. its annoying and takes away from the game play.

sio

SmurfSniper
07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
I personally just get annoyed with that shit If I wanted to listen to music I would turn on what I want to hear at home and not worry about someone that didnt like it.... just my 2 cents so personally I dont want to hear it..

badfish
08-01-2009, 01:26 AM
listen the deal is we need to build the community back up and if i was some1 that heard music spammed that i didn't like even if it was 90% i would leave. so i believe if u want some music get a stereo or an ipod and listen to your music cuz i am positive i don't listen to half of the music some people do.
.....baddie

*EDIT*even tho i am not an admin anymore sio loves when i kill him and pasties wants me so i think my 1 and half cents count

Sajora
08-01-2009, 03:04 AM
thanks for your words sio!

ORGANDONOR
08-01-2009, 05:54 AM
sio wins sorry but if it happends in gg your per ban in there so dont let it happen in there

╬ ORGANDONOR ╬

Rey
08-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Lock the thread?

Null
08-01-2009, 11:16 PM
My view on this is that the music shouldn't be played on the server voice... why....
A) Uses bandwidth
B) Not everyone likes it
C) Music gets distorted to shit and then becomes a disrespect to the music
D) Much better options....i.e. set up a shoutcast server on your pc if you want to stream audio to friends....lol
E) VERY FUCKING LOUD ...ESPECIALLY IF YOUR NOT EXPECTING IT

Vanishedsoul
08-02-2009, 01:09 AM
it drives me nuts when people play music...not only do i gotta hear there music but then i gotta listen to everybody talk over it, and if one plays it another will it will just sound like crap, i say use itunes or winamp or watever and listen to music ur self then your not bugging the rest of the server :0