PDA

View Full Version : Ban Demo VIdeo Format

TheTomayotatoTurtle
06-14-2008, 08:40 AM
I noticed that Office Unlimited regular Thumper Pumper was recently banned; rationale as cited was for wall hacking. I know that he was the chronic subject of hacking accusations because he played very well on the server, with his overall kill:death ratio over 3.

Because of the suspicions, I independently spectated him extensively and found nothing of great suspicion that wasn't solved by veteran playership or advanced audio. Thus I was surprised to see that he was banned.

I do not doubt the possibility that he was a wall hacker, but I would appreciate being able to view the submitted demo that resulted in the ban. However, I attempted to do so to no avail. How does one view the demo?

Thanks.

Put it in your cstrike folder and open up CSS. Go to your console, type playdemo thumper.dem (thats gonna be the file name) and then wait for it to load.

I myself enjoyed watching this demo, lol you and I are in it a lot tomayotato :lol:

enderless
06-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Like alter said, place the .dem file in your cstrike folder. Path should be:

/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/youremailaddress/Counter Strike Source/cstrike

You can type the playdemo commmand into consol, or type demoui to bring up a menu where you can load it (or any other demo for that matter) and watch it.

NoSympathy
06-14-2008, 11:36 AM
if you are hoping to view the demo the admin took, you will not be able to