PDA

View Full Version : New Server?

DoT
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
A few of our players/admins from N/U have ventured our way into a new server type we discovered. The server type is called mini games/ fun maps. The server is an interesting game type in which the players participate in a task(s) based on the map. The server does not require any mods or plug-ins, the maps set everything needed up (Maps can easily be provided via fpsbanana & other sources). This game type is very easy on system resources and would not take up much space. A 24 slot server would be recommended.

Also I would like to get admins or players that are for this to please post/sign this thread.

Thanks,
Dotty.

RandomHero
06-29-2009, 03:18 PM
I am personally excited to see this kind of server being brought to our attention and am able to commit to building the server from the ground up. I have also collected nearly 30 maps ready to be uploaded.

Lets get it done!

Deadly_chicken
06-29-2009, 03:20 PM
i was only in it for a few but seemed fun, i would help contribute extra money to get it going but that whole not having a job thing makes it hard... lol

Natalya
06-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I have a friend who runs such a server. His server is very popular but usually attracts younger players so finding an admin base may be difficult. Nonetheless, I could help with setting it up and getting it started.

Breaker
06-29-2009, 03:31 PM
i fully support this idea... its fun for a change and the server is really awesome ^^
i hope we can get this going from the ground off
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a friend who runs such a server. His server is very popular but usually attracts younger players so finding an admin base may be difficult. Nonetheless, I could help with setting it up and getting it started.

we can already start with a few admins we already got to stay on the look out over there as well before selecting any new admins that alot on there..
DoT wasnt the idea to get this up instead of keeping a older server up that is kinda dead?

RandomHero
06-29-2009, 04:16 PM

okay. once we get an owner to approve then i can send you the maps that we have chosen to put on.

<JohnnyBoy>
06-29-2009, 04:22 PM
I agree 100% to the new server idea because we played/love it and it should be put into your comminty for other people in N/U can enjoy it as well!!!

Natalya
06-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Converting an older server would be very easy. We'd just have to choose which one and I could get it all done tonight.

<JohnnyBoy>
06-29-2009, 04:45 PM
The DeathMatchNoAwp, or OfficeUnlimited32slot!
Those are the two that are most inactive that i think we should change?

Natalya
06-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Jackd runs DM No-AWP so if you wanna do that one get his permission.

sean7488
06-29-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm totally for this idea, I'd be willing to be an admin on that server as well.

Natalya
06-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Sexy Sarah Palin

<JohnnyBoy>
06-29-2009, 05:15 PM
ok i'll ask jackd if he gets back online!

warlord4650
06-29-2009, 05:58 PM
hahah ya! im all for this. it's a great idea. mini games are lots of fun.

good idea! :D

DoT
06-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Good luck guys...

<JohnnyBoy>
06-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Hoping this server going to be a big hit and willing to help in any way i can!:-D

Jackd
06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
I have no problem with you guys using the dm no awp server to try out your new thing.

Good luck with it!

DoT
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Cool, you still need sios or pasties' approval first tho right?

Miguel
06-29-2009, 07:53 PM
signed!

Jackd
06-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah I would get their approval first!

Cool, you still need sios or pasties' approval first tho right?

McLovin
06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I would be down to help with it in any way =D I think we could really get a good base with a new set of people, and I could help admin on it

DoT
06-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Wait i got a q, since dm was jacks server does this mean he will be junior owner of the mini game server if it goes through approval?

Jackd
06-29-2009, 08:47 PM
I could help out if you guys need but I'm going to stay with DM and also continue to help out in Office and in Dust.

<JohnnyBoy>
06-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Sweet, if we can get sios and pasties approval this is going to rock!
p.s. thanks for your approval on changing the DM server jackd:-D

warlord4650
06-30-2009, 12:06 AM
wooooooooooo excitement :D

Breaker
06-30-2009, 06:09 AM
I would be down to help with it in any way =D I think we could really get a good base with a new set of people, and I could help admin on it

same here;) and i wanna help as an admin as well if possible..
so that would make it 3 ppl for the moment right? and then jackd will take care of the server? Cause he was taking care of dm no awp and this will be the new one so i think that would be the most fair for it

Natalya
06-30-2009, 04:41 PM
So what's going to happen with this?

FireDespot
06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
This would be so cool, those mini maps/games are fun! http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/FireDespot/Smilies/Lickslips.gif

DoT
06-30-2009, 05:08 PM
We're waiting on a decision from sio or pasties nat.

Breaker
07-01-2009, 07:01 AM
We're waiting on a decision from sio or pasties nat.

any more news yet? sios is away so we need to wait on pasties i guess?

Natalya
07-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Either is fine, but it seems more up Sios' alley to make a comment on this.

pasties
07-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I Would rather you take down office unlimited. Nat make sure you back up everything for office_U.
I am up for trying new things....

<JohnnyBoy>
07-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Sweet now the mini game server is going to rock!:-D

Natalya
07-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I will get started on this tonight. I don't have the time right now but when I get home I will back up Office U and then start converting it.

RandomHero
07-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Awesome.

Nat, ima put all the maps i got for it into the webspace you gave me.

Natalya
07-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Confirmed. I'm getting on this right now.

Wolfeh
07-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Sad to see office unlim go. But... Good luck with the server guys. ^___^

Natalya
07-02-2009, 02:43 AM
It's mostly set-up now. Just having some trouble with team balance but otherwise it's good.

DoT
07-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Nat can we also get rtv and nominate added to the server?

Also, I found a few fun looking maps we can try:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/97835 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/99541 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/85659 <- Thumbs down

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/73159 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/91036 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/99300 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/91445 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/78367 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/84443 <- Thumbs down[Probably the hardest thing i've ever tried >.<]

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/81180 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/93124 <- Thumbs down

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/78580 <- Thumbs up

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/79091 <- Thumbs up

I will download them and personally test them alone and edit this post with my intake on each map.

Monkey91
07-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I can help in any way possible that consists of my offer of knowledge. As far as any financial support...as I told sajora my bank account currently has $25 dollars in it.

Nat, I have set up countless 1.6 servers and ran them all. I have set up to date three source servers. If you need any help with scripting or moding plugins to better fit the N/U community I can help you.

And I will be on this server a lot. I can not wait to see all of you in there.

DoT
07-02-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm also working on an obstacle style map myself.

SniperKiller
07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
The server is an interesting game type in which the players participate in a task(s) based on the map. The server does not require any mods or plug-ins, the maps set everything needed up (Maps can easily be provided via fpsbanana & other sources). This game type is very easy on system resources and would not take up much space.

So i joined the server and i sat on my computer for 20 mins dling 20 mins worth of shit and quit in the middle of it.

If it doesnt have an mods or plugins and all u need is the map for the mini games then y is the dl 20 mins?

Im never goin to join it again if i have to dl 20 mins of shit

DoT
07-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Because it skins, sounds, etc on the server.

NoSympathy
07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
so useless shit that is going to run up bandwidth?

SmurfSniper
07-02-2009, 01:53 PM
yeah personally I was getting a little confused with the models myself.... especially on maps that you have to kill each other like deagle rally or whatever it was.... models are cool but can they just be modified ct and t skins??

DoT
07-02-2009, 01:54 PM
yeah personally I was getting a little confused with the models myself.... especially on maps that you have to kill each other like deagle rally or whatever it was.... models are cool but can they just be modified ct and t skins??

Our ideas dont count ^^

JuuJuu
07-02-2009, 02:38 PM
MG is all i play now since im banned xP some 24/7 dust, but MG is fun :P

Natalya
07-02-2009, 04:30 PM
DL should not have been 20 minutes. It's got less stuff than ZM and ZM takes only like 3. Something is fucked up. I'm betting it crashed or reset while you were downloading. We had some bugs with event scripts earlier today but I think I fixed them since it hasn't crashed for a couple hours now except when I reset it.

@Random:
My Steam fucked up but I got the !rtd thing working.

Also, I got the Parachute plugin on the server. It defaults to be turned off all the time but if you want a certain map to have it I can have it enabled there, so like if you ever make a map where parachute would be useful we can do it. But it defaults to off like with ZM.

Random specifically asked for Snake, the Terminator, and the Teletubbies. We didn't get them on yet because FPSB is being stupid and won't let me dl them. In the end there will only ever be 6 skins on this server. The 2 SM skins on there have very accurate hitboxes anyway so that shouldn't be an issue.

Jackd
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
It took me 5 mins to DL when I entered the server for the first time. The map changed and I was in there in no time at all :)

Rey
07-03-2009, 10:10 PM
i dont like it. to many mods already, dont need skins or the lame join sound. supposed to be fun right? i played for like 10 mins, was more annoying than anything

RandomHero
07-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Then maybe it isn't for you. However, we found enough ppl who like it already.

SniperKiller
07-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I think i would like it better if all the admins would stop respawning and teleporting them selves when they or to stay alive somewhere

AwpsandKnives
07-03-2009, 11:43 PM
And what is with all the sounds and skins, I thought this was just map downloads.

SniperKiller
07-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Can we get a diff skin for admins cuz i hate walking as a sailor moon character

I hate it

Rey
07-03-2009, 11:47 PM
I think i would like it better if all the admins would stop respawning and teleporting them selves when they or to stay alive somewhere

It's lame and only 1 admin I have seen that has done this.

And what is with all the sounds and skins, I thought this was just map downloads.

Makes it longer to DL. I have a funny and ironic story to tell about this server as well. :) msg me on steam!

NoogyMan
07-03-2009, 11:49 PM
This server kinda.... sucks. I don't want to be rude or anything but hell far... took me for ever to dl. then the games are all different little annoying things. God Hide-n-seek is more practical then a mini-games hell hole.

But again Don't want to be rude. :)

---Noogy

Natalya
07-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Can we get a diff skin for admins cuz i hate walking as a sailor moon character

I hate it

I haven't gotten to that yet. But I will.

then the games are all different little annoying things.

Excuse me but that's exactly the point of a MG server. D:

Jackd
07-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Hey Guys,

Can we please not bash the MG server. It is ok to express your opinion, however why can't it be done in a nice way. Yes this server may not be for everyone so don't play if you don't like it. The zombie guys came up with an idea for try and fill a dead server, let them have their chance.

As far as the admins bitching about different things or flaws in the server - you guys should be doing this in the admin chat section so it can be addressed if possible. Come on guys you all know better!

As far as the idea of a hide n seek server - I know a couple of us are looking into it. Be patient please!

Thank you!

Monkey91
07-04-2009, 10:20 AM
A couple of things about the downloads. Number one: with the webserver seeming to go down fairly frequent as of late the fast map dl of the server...well goes down with it. Steam then automatically redirects the downloads from the game server. As I hope you all know, steam sucks, and when downloading anything through steam you should expect it to take an eternity. Number two: your download will most likely be killed and will not restart if the server crashes. Since this server is new, there are bugs and it is crashing, if your download bar stops moving cancel the connect and reconnect.

Sorry Nat, I know this is not my place but it needed to be said.

This server type is.... shall we say.... unique? I personally love it. If you do not like it that is perfectly dandy with me. Stop complaining.

Natalya
07-04-2009, 11:37 AM
RTV works now. :D

DoT
07-04-2009, 01:24 PM
i dont like it. to many mods already, dont need skins or the lame join sound. supposed to be fun right? i played for like 10 mins, was more annoying than anything

I agree with the skins and sounds, no one uses the sounds anyways. :/

<JohnnyBoy>
07-04-2009, 06:29 PM
wow, i haven't even played the new MG server and i see all these problems!
But people remember that is a brand new server and it might have some little/big problems but it fine because we could fix it hopefully... It would also be nice to have some suggestions to help make this a better server!

DoT
07-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Here are some maps that I, and some players have brought together to be put on the mini-game server (In the attachment)

Also, here are some maps that are never being played/rtvd:

fun_nightbox_delta, 1deage_c, aom_crazyjump_css, texture_houses_beta2, hamster_balls, **mg_do_smash_version2** (**Crashes the server)

siosios
07-05-2009, 03:16 PM
maps loaded and removed

Natalya
07-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Thx a lot Sios. I was out last night.