PDA

View Full Version : i have a problem

SniperKiller
05-11-2009, 06:22 PM
So I have a problem on my computer it had a virus in the registry and i got rid of now when i got rid of it i try to play counter strike and left 4 dead every time the game will make the team chat messages and team switch menus and buy menus pop out on its own and switch me from teams on its owns well as turn the sound off on my computer off compeltely and when i try to type in game it will type on its own a bunch of letters and numbers. I think its the virus in my mother board and im trying to get rid of it by reseting my cmos but idk how to do that. When i try to go the cmos menu it only takes me to the bios settings when i press del

I have
Asus A8S-X motherboard
2 gigs of ram
Amd anthlon 64 X2 dual core processor 3800+
Nvidia Geforce 7800 GT

Can anyone help me it would be much much appreciated.

soul
05-11-2009, 06:32 PM
You could try running some anti spyware or malware scans also try using ccleaner to fix your reg

rjk83
05-11-2009, 07:31 PM
goto download.com, download malwarebytes.... best free anti-spyware around.. also, if your decently adept you can get autoruns which lets you poll through anything that auto runs from the registry and disable stuff... don't mess anything up tho...

Those generally work well anytime I've ever gotten one.. eh

enderless
05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
i seriously doubt that you have a virus in your mobo. Like soul said, make sure that the virus is completely gone. You can download free programs (like ccleaner and Spybot Search & Destroy) or i can hook you up with Eset's Nod32.

Another route that you might have to think about is what the virus did to your OS. A lot of viri, when infecting your comp, will replace/remove files, leaving you with corrupt install. Unless you can restore those files, you might be looking at a re-install.

Btw, flashing ur CMOS is not a setting in your BIOS. It's a jumper on your mobo

SniperKiller
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
i did a scan with malware bytes and it found nothing

what else could cause my game play?

Breaker
05-12-2009, 12:54 AM
yah can also reset yah windows to a previous state where everything worked all right but i forgot how to do that xD
let me think this 1 out

Penatrater
05-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Do you have a External hard drive ? You should back up your maps folders and anything else important. You need to Download CCleaner from FileHippo.com - Download Free Software (http://WWW.filehippo.com) Its a super website and its all great stuff. I tell many many people about it, You should run ccleaner everyday ! Also is windows firewall saying anything to you ? You might want to check your rig for any updates. Do you remember what the virus was named ? Sometimes you can google the name of it and find out what other people did to clear up the problem. You can restore your computer to a earlier state but most fags that make these viruses loop hole that because its what most people try to do first. You should start by searching your registry. Type in REGEDIT in the search box, Look for any new files that you dont recognize. Thats where i would start at first. Good luck buddy And a fresh install is only a last resort !

SniperKiller
05-12-2009, 07:37 PM
No i dont have an external drive and i got a lot of important stuff especiallly 1000 songs not enjoyin dled again.

Still dont work I dled ccleaner and got rid of some stuff.
As well as doing multiple scans to make sure with all my anti spyware and virus softwares

I searched in regedit and nothing there has been added or changed since 2004.

I had the C:\faux virus\carny_ride.exe which i found in the middle of a norton scan when i was bored watching and didnt detect it(i know it sux) after i found it i started gettin trojans, backdoors, and worms.

I really dont wnt to reformat its a fucking pain and takes forever.
Is there anymore help i can try.

badfish
05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
imo i would go with a clean install .............external hard drives are inexpensive so that would be ur best bet to buy one transfer important files and documentation on it then reformat.

........baddie

Penatrater
05-12-2009, 11:17 PM
If you don't want to get a external you could use a flash or "jump" drives. I don't know how many it would take but they are cheap and you just drag over the stuff you want to save on it. You can pick up the 8 GB drives at walmart for under 15 bucks. It depends on how big your hard drive is and how much space is used up really. Do you know if your drive is SATA or IDE ?

Here is todays shell shocker from NewEgg.com No sales tax and free shipping on a external 640 gig !

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx

NoSympathy
05-13-2009, 01:52 PM
reformat. trust me, i had to do it too. just do it. store your songs on a website and reformat

SniperKiller
05-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm just going to reformat this weekend.

I'm like the german kid when playin css wiht that shit on my comp lol

Can anyone give me a very good antivirus im tired of reformating cause of virus and spyware

And Thank You all.

NoSympathy
05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
imo just don't go to any weird sites. use firefox and don't download shit that pops up, or videos from untrusted places. most of the time the viruses you get you can deal with yourself anyway.

enderless
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Nod32 is a good choice, but i honestly don't run an AV. Like symp said, don't run anything you don't trust. FF+noscript is a must.

shtlss07-xfire/steam

add me if you need any useful progs or AV's

Breaker
05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
so it worked yet or not? cause i think yah got a lot of good advies to do to get rid off it

SniperKiller
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
So ya after a nice clean reformat and it still managed to still be having same issues with cs with the menus appearing on their own and switching me on its own is there anymore suggestions or could this be a steam issue?

kamikaze_bad_ass
05-21-2009, 07:40 PM
i would say if it's a clean reformat than it must be lurking in your steam or program files somewhere did ta save any of your steam files or down load any skins or werid shit recently or did ya go ta any werid links thou steam freinds ?? I would say completly wipe your steam install clean and start new (sure it's a pain but might solve the prob ) also the a slight chance your keyborad is fucked up try a different keyborad ( i have had keyborad and mouse probs errors before myself )

one other idea is that the prob is infeted in one of your emails or music or install files try checking all your install files

btw firefox and avg will warn ya in advance when ya going to a dangerous site or downloading a bad file

Deadly_chicken
05-30-2009, 01:18 AM
when u say clean reformat, did u just reinstall windows, or did u completely wipe the partition and make a new one?

AVG free works pretty damn well for me, its what i put on most peoples comps, theres a free ver. on their website, and norton sucks btw, may detect most things but that shit will slow ur comp down more than the virus will most of the time.

and i gotta ask the stupid question, when u were running ur anti-virus, u were doing it in safe mode right? XD

p.s. rootkits are a bitch to get rid of :) lol

kamikaze_bad_ass
05-30-2009, 04:02 AM
sounds like your a techie to chicken or alot of comp knowledge are u ??

As for me i luckily i grew up with my bro and his friends all programmers builders developers admins of servers and techies

and btw like chicken stated avg is the single best anti virus out there everybody i know recommends and uses it cisico puts out good antivirus and other stuff too but there more on the costly side

BioHaZarD69
05-30-2009, 11:03 AM
ok ya ready? were gonna kick some virus ass right now so pay attention here we go....
first DL these programs they are free
1. SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! (http://www.superantispyware.com/) DL free edition works great!

2.Front Page - F-PROT Antivirus (http://www.f-prot.com/) DL free edition or trial works great

3.ATF-Cleaner.exe - www.atribune.org (http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=25) ATF cleaner cleans all kinds of files from your comp very simple to use.

4. Bleeping Computer Downloads: SDFix (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/sdfix.php) SD-fix can get rid of anything here is a link on how to use it= How To Use Sdfix (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic131299.html)

ok when ever you try to get rid of a nasty virus always do it from safe mode with out net working {Press F8 repeatedly while booting up}
ok here are some instruction on what i do if i get some nasty shit.

*****start like this first*****

Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opers browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

if ya need more help let me know i got some other tricks up my sleeve .

FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS DONT SKIM THROUGH THEM READ CAREFULLY!!
if the above method does not work use the SD Fix program and read the link on how to use it...that program can find anything.
GL hope this helps out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just to say i mentioned it....when you did your fresh install you did wipe the hard drive reformat it and then reinstalled right?? never just install over an existing install all corrupt files and junk will still be there and you will still be infected...just wanted to say that to be sure it was out there.

Deadly_chicken
05-30-2009, 12:32 PM
@kami, yeah.... its what im going to school for currently, ive had some pretty nasty shit on computers too that ive had to clean up b4

SniperKiller
05-30-2009, 01:55 PM
it stopped doing it now and i reformated it completely then installed everything again

and i have nod32 antivirus now

Thank You all for the help

Deadly_chicken
05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
good to hear u got it cleared up, just let us know if shit starts acting up again

SniperKiller
06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
ok it started to act up again non stop now pop up after pop ups and mutes my sound on its own

enderless
06-01-2009, 08:55 PM
here's an odd question, but have you tried using another keyboard? I had a keyboard go bad on my couple months back and had similar problems. Random buttons would work/not work and in game i would some times get stuck walking forward endlessly...

Worth a shot. :)

Deadly_chicken
06-01-2009, 09:26 PM
so just like random pop-ups for web sites at rnd times? and have u installed anything lately? cracks for games maybe?

i dont wanna sound like an advertisement but id try and see what AVG pulls up for ya, just dl it, install it, and run it in safe mode, (could be either F8 or Del key) during start-up, lemme know what that pulls up

enderless
06-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I almost want to say pop ups in game, as in buy or change team menus. I don't know tho, and maybe sniper will have to elaborate a little more.

Deadly_chicken
06-02-2009, 12:39 AM
yea, cus if its just rnd popups when u hit certain keys it could be ur keybord, my usb keyboard took a shit on me and some keys didnt work, other keys just did other things and shit was just fucked up

SniperKiller
06-02-2009, 09:48 AM
pop ups as in buy menu and team switch and radio chat

i switched keyboards lets see if it works

kamikaze_bad_ass
06-02-2009, 09:56 AM
IF NOT I WOULD RECOMMEND DOING WHAT PEN SAID HE KNOWS HIS SHIT

AND IF THAT DON'T WORK TAKE A SLEDGE HAMMER TO IT THAT ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME AND VENTS MY ANGER LOL *Jjs:*Jjs:

thegreenturtle
06-02-2009, 10:20 AM
i had the same thing a long time ago i dont no how i got to go away but i think i got some virus scaners and scaned whole computer and i think it found the virus but you havt watch wat you download theres alot of viruses

enderless
06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
I hope so bud. I doubt that it is a software or driver issue, especially if you did a clean format and updated all of your drivers. Hardware is the next logical jump, and the only thing that i can think of that would control buy/menu keys and volume would be your keyboard. :/

Deadly_chicken
06-02-2009, 11:33 AM
yea, mine wasnt the actual keyboard driver, i tried reinstalling my usb 2.0 driver but it didnt help