PDA

View Full Version : CAL?

brandonman
06-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey, some of you may know me, I play on Reg Office pretty often, and dust_2 every once in a great while. I'm curious what K/D you think would be good to get into CAL. I normally get a 2.0 or so.

CAL isn't only about how skilled you are ingame, but more importantly teamwork with your team.

pasties
06-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Tru Dat

brandonman
06-05-2008, 11:39 PM
So really, as long as I can keep up what I have been doing, I could survive in CAL-O starting a team or playing on one?

shiNNNe
06-06-2008, 12:54 AM
yea find try and find urself a good team to practice and play with see how well you do in a team environment

brandonman
06-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Can anyone suggest any teams? I kno today is the last day for teams in CAL-O to be taking members. Should I hurry up and try to get on one, or wait? I am going over to the CAL site to try and find some teams right now.

enderless
06-06-2008, 10:28 AM
There are no requirements for CAL-O (hence why it is CAL Open) so anyone can play. However, if you want to be successful, take the advice already given: practice, find a good team, practice, practice. Knowing your team mates and communication are essential. Even a team of extrodinary pub stars will lose to a seasoned team. I quit one because the leader was an obstinate dick hole. :/

You should try TWL first, to kinda of get your feet wet. I know there are always open rosters for start up teams.

brandonman
06-06-2008, 11:10 PM
OK, I registered on the TWL site, and made a post in the recruitment forum this afternoon, hoping a team will pick me up. I also registered on the CAL server around 8 AM, never got an email with my password, emailed a couple of the people listed on the sight as helping run everything day to day, and no reply there either. Guess I'll just end up in TWL... As soon as I get on a team.....

brandonman
06-08-2008, 11:38 PM
damn, been a couple days, and NOONE has replied to my post saying that I would like to play on a CS:S team for TWL. I also got registered on the cal site, but the rosters for CAL-0 are closed right now because the season is going...

enderless
06-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Jump in a bunch of different pubs and ask if anyone is looking for a ringer/extra man for their teams. Just be careful not to "advertise" or break any server rules. =P

Kumar
06-10-2008, 06:46 AM
I would recommend if you are serious about playing in cal or any leagues to get MIRC. Then you can get on the gamesurge networks and use sourceringer to get picked up to play with teams. Also different teams advertise on the cal forums and on mirc. Get your feet wet in scrims and see if you like it. Scrimming is totally different from pubbing.

shiNNNe
06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I always enjoyed the scrimming vibe regardless of the outcome its just fun to play