PDA

View Full Version : Client Config Maker

DoT
04-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Someone wanna fill me in on how it works? I was just interested in the FPS Boost so i filled in the areas that it specified and have no clue what to do at the end lol
Hate bein a n00by pain when it comes to these things but can someone help meh please?

Thanks,

enderless
04-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Copy the code that it creates. Open a new text document and paste the information in there. Go to File>Save As and save it as autoexec.cfg (make sure that you you specify it as "All Files" and not "Text Document" at the bottom of your save screen). Then browse to your cfg folder:

Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/youremailaddress/counter-stikes source/cstrike/cfg

and drop the new file there. It might be a good idea to rename your previous autoexec file (something like old_autoexec) before in case you ever want to revert back to what you had previously.

DoT
04-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Copy the code that it creates. Open a new text document and paste the information in there. Go to File>Save As and save it as autoexec.cfg (make sure that you you specify it as "All Files" and not "Text Document" at the bottom of your save screen). Then browse to your cfg folder:

Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/youremailaddress/counter-stikes source/cstrike/cfg

and drop the new file there. It might be a good idea to rename your previous autoexec file (something like old_autoexec) before in case you ever want to revert back to what you had previously.

Ok, ive done all that. (There was no other autoexec in my cfg folder).
In game do i do exec then autoexec? Or anything?
Or should it be good already?

enderless
04-26-2009, 07:24 PM
should load automatically. Just make sure that you saved it as autoexec.cfg and that windows recognizes it as a .cfg file. :)

DoT
04-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah i got it.
It doesnt do anything better for meh anyway :/
Meh i tried :/

enderless
04-26-2009, 08:09 PM
unless you do the more severe steps (ie removing decal and shadows, lowering the quality of models/water, etc) you're not going to see a huge difference.