PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sourcebans!

Kari
04-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi,

I am running sourcebans on my server also, but I'm wondering how you set up your server to ban players using the ma_client changemap exploit (I can post it if need be).

I would really appreciate a link to where you got this script or some direction on how to go about doing this because people have been coming into my server and crashing it -.-

Thanks.

siosios
04-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Kari,

look on sourcemod for kigens anticheat that is the plugin we use to stop the idiots that call themselves hackers (script kiddies is more of what they are)

thanks
siosios

Kari
04-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Kari,

look on sourcemod for kigens anticheat that is the plugin we use to stop the idiots that call themselves hackers (script kiddies is more of what they are)

thanks
siosios

Thank you so much you are god and yes, they are script kiddies who pay someone with some skill just so that they can ruin other peoples fun -.-

Do you use the socket version? What is the sockets version for?

Also how did you block the ma_client, changelevel exploit? Did you edit the .sp at all?

Thanks again!

siosios
04-11-2009, 03:33 AM
i use the no sockets version to keep down the connections on my server. the sockets version is so you can use the global banlist as well as your own. the exploit should be blocked by it right out of the box but if not then leave a message here and ill go back and look at my setup and find the answer for you.

siosios

Kari
04-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey,

Yea it still isn't banning for it... I also find sourcebans isn't activating until after the first map any idea what that is? O,o

But uhh I'm wondering if it is because they get the rcon password wrong first so many times that is why they get rcon banned, thus the KAC cannot work.... thus unbanned when server restarts what are the values for your following lines?
sv_rcon_banpenalty
sv_rcon_maxfailures
sv_rcon_minfailures
sv_rcon_minfailuretime

Thanks.

siosios
04-12-2009, 01:41 PM
how are you loading sourcebans on your server... also how are you loading sourcemod on your server.

this is from the KAC logs:
L 03/16/2009 - 19:48:37: JohnMothaFcknRyan (STEAM_0:1:13530538) attempted to exploit this server with: changelevel "ma_say;rcon_password hacker".

so KAC does detect it.

i dont run those rcon cvars in my server configs at all so that might be why its working for me and not you.

siosios

Kari
04-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Not having any of those settings run on your server would suggest you run with default values, I'll try setting mine back to default.

Sourcebans is being loaded through sourcemod (meaning the plugin is in the plugin folder).

Sourcemod itself is being loaded through Metamod.

siosios
04-12-2009, 02:58 PM
in meta mod are you using the vdf for sourcemod or a txt edited line for the .ini file?

Kari
04-12-2009, 04:05 PM
I was using a line (first line) in .txt and the .vdf for it was in the metamod folder.

Which do you use? I have tried taking out the .vdf

But lemmie know which way you do it.

siosios
04-12-2009, 05:56 PM
i use the line in the txt as im old school with meta mod. this is getting to be short of me logging into your server and fixing the issue for you.

Kari
04-12-2009, 07:42 PM
i use the line in the txt as im old school with meta mod. this is getting to be short of me logging into your server and fixing the issue for you.

Haha I wonder if it was trying to run the VDF, here is the thing though Sourcemod without Sourcebans works PERFECTLY FINE the first map. Add in sourcebans... and now you have a problem first map =/

So i'm not sure what is going on..

siosios
04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
are the sourcebans configs properly setup? one missed option and it can bork your setup

Kari
04-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Define set up properly? It is enabled O,o

Like I said second map works flawlessly.... first map is what has the issues...

Natalya
04-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Are you running no steam or something?

Kari
04-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Nope, is a legit server: 174.142.46.19:27015 Koshy + Oddity ' s Warcraft Mod|90 Races|Highly Customized

Steam and VAC2 Protected...