PDA

View Full Version : This coming thursday

siosios
02-23-2009, 09:55 PM
the N/U servers will be offline for the new and improved N/U servers. we are going back to the stable and trustworthy setup we had when the server was NOT winhose...... i will be rebuilding each server starting friday and through out the w-end so check your favorite server out and see if its online or not over the w-end.

this move is to get back to were we started, with damn good servers and quality. i blame myself for listening to other community owners brag about thier windows servers being better and for this im sorry, after thursday you will see a difference while in our servers.

siosios

PS: the server ip's will not change@!

Natalya
02-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Allright then, I'll be making announcements.

OttoBohn
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Was I the one bragging? :) You taught me how to tweak windows and we're solid cuz of it hahahah

Good luck on the server move back. You're more than welcome to have our server cores to launch from.

I'll be expanding the server list on our main page to show all servers soon. I gotta fix that.

otto

siosios
02-24-2009, 06:35 PM
nah otto, im just sick of the lag and crap i get in my own servers due to windows itself. my linux knowledge far out plays my windows knowledge by far. not to brag but N/U was the first community that hosted its own dedicated with 1000FPS out side of the few GSP's that had it and wouldnt hand it out..... proof of that below:

http://www.n00bunlimited.net/server-tech-talk/947-original-post-steam-forums-1000fps-server-configs.html

i found the tweaks and made it happen for everyone that was not a GSP!

any who this thursday is going to be hell for me.

sio

siosios
02-27-2009, 10:54 PM
kernal compile went well, testing on a dummy css server begins now!

Rey
02-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Sio, you own.

siosios
02-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Linux sio4.sio4.net 2.6.27.19-sio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
someone go play on dust2 i need to test

CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
23.33 0.00 0.00 0 0 993.05 0

rjk83
02-27-2009, 11:59 PM
will do

AwpsandKnives
02-28-2009, 12:28 AM
server seems good. I even managed to get some scout kills. NJ sios.

Skyline
02-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Everything is looking good :D

So happy to see NU go back to what it was when I started :D

siosios
02-28-2009, 07:52 AM
dust2 is up working on office after breakfast
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
office is up for a test run please join and report back

sio
so far dust2 reg-office and zombie are up (zombie is in testing right now). this IS a huge undertaking transferring all this data nad reconfiguring for linux, i dont know why people are bugging me about "when when when" are the servers going to be up.

anyway enjoy what you got for now

sio
N/U Owner

Skyline
03-01-2009, 05:39 AM
No need to rush Sio. Take ur time.....rather have everything run smoothly then have u make
a tiny mistake and have to take more hours to fix it. Trust me, people cant wait. If not
ill get Sajora to rape them :D

kamikaze_bad_ass
03-01-2009, 07:51 AM
kami says for everyone to shut up quite complaining and be patient
hell the man giving up his free time his family time and whatever he likes to go do himself for fun for all of us the least we all can do is be grateful say thank you quit bugging him and sit back and FUCKING WAIT AND BE PATIENT the more ya'll complain and bytch and moan the more likely he's going to say FUCK IT and personally i won't blame him in the least little bit !!

siosios
03-01-2009, 07:57 AM
fixing the scrim server issues and transferring gungame over to the new server.... gungame will be up shortly
cal rotation and gungame are now online

siosios
03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
dm np awp/auto is up in testing mode.... working on reg dm now

DoT
03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Thank you sio!
Very much! :)

Thanks,

siosios
03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
all server except the left4dead servers are now back online. report any issues with the servers to a thread in the forums so me or nat can take a look into them.

thanks
sio

Jackd
03-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks again for getting the servers up!! Great job man!

NoSympathy
03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
indeed sio, thank you so much for the hard work! let us know if we can do anything.

DoT
03-03-2009, 07:23 AM
thanks a lot sio!
nice job, im seein an improvement in zm for the most part =]

Thanks,

Ryan
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I have noticed that, for the most part, the server runs much better. However, the registering of hits, at times, seem to be lacking.

The other day I could see shots bouncing off an enemies head, as if they were my teammate, and did no damage whatsoever. They then turned around and shot me! This has happened a few times.

I haven't played CS:S for too long, having started on your servers and rarely wandering to any others. I have also recently returned (to a now linux run N/U) from a 6 month leave due to college, putting me at about 4 months of CS:S experience! The reason I say this is: I cannot really compare the performance to other servers, so I am not too sure whether this is a big problem or not.

Also, I wanted to ask a small question about choke. I get about 40 choke during the middle of a round. I have a 28,000 kb/s connection with my rates set at : rate 25000; cl_cmdrate 100; cl_updaterate 100. I even have priority set for counter strike packets on my router. Is this normal? or may this be the culprit behind the the "missed" hits?

Thanks,
Ryan