PDA

View Full Version : Meh startrek as well.... gonna be busy this summer!

siosios
02-15-2009, 10:43 AM
N/U Tube - New Star Trek Trailer (2009) - Official Channel@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.nu-tube.net/video/118/New-Star-Trek-Trailer-2009--Official-Channel&searchbar=false&linkfromdisplay=true&recommendations=http://www.nu-tube.net/feed_embed.php?v=799aaa845e1c2e8a762b@@AMEPARAM@@1 18@@AMEPARAM@@New-Star-Trek-Trailer-2009--Official-Channel@@AMEPARAM@@799aaa845e1c2e8a762b (http://www.nu-tube.net/video/118/New-Star-Trek-Trailer-2009--Official-Channel)

DoT
02-15-2009, 10:45 AM
No boner.
Just not a startrek person -__-

JinkoNeko
02-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Still gonna be a big movie time comin up.

DoT
02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Never watches star trek nor played the games...
Star Wars ftmfw

JinkoNeko
02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Out of boredom a year or two back, I was just watchin the old and new star trek crap on tv cause I had absolutely no other shit to keep me awake lol. I don't mind it actually I find seeing how the changes over the years about the style and modernization of the title is very interesting imo.

Natalya
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
This movie's gonna suck. I'm a huge Star Trek fan, and I can tell that they just went and hollywood-ified the film to get more viewers. How? Objectification of women, turned Kirk into Hollywood's ideal hero -- a violent & emotionless angsty asshole who's in his 20's, excessive destruction in space (which is ok I guess), and psychic power shit. So basically they want it to appeal to more people because they assume that this is all that people care about in films these days so they can make maximum profits even if it means sacrificing the story and co-opting the whole series which is generally known for criticizing this sort of crap. But what Hollywood doesn't know (because Hollywood is incapable of examining itself or the actual culture of the U.S. or anywhere for that matter) is that people watch Star Trek precisely BECAUSE it's a criticism of society. So, while these goons think they're gonna be attracting new viewers, they will instead merely alienate their fan-base and the movie will be a flop.

Now maybe the the preview is just a bad preview and all that shit in there only happens once and the rest of it is decent? But come on, Kirk fighting with Spock in that 2 second fight scene, and the girl stripping... I think those are strong indications of how it will go. Additionally, this departs from the original storyline because A: Vulcans have more dense muscle tissue than humans so Spock would easily kick Kirk's ass, and B: Spock did not serve with Kirk until he was Captain, and C: Spock is much older than Kirk (80's) so he shouldn't have such a young actor.

kamikaze_bad_ass
02-23-2009, 10:43 AM
true to everything ya said bout this movie they don't care bout the franchise they only care bout the money and it will be a definite flop

but me personalty I'm a fan of the original up to the next generation and the final frontier as far as the movies go
i don't care to much for deep space 9 and voyager and the others i personal think that the series has died off bout 10+ years ago and there just keeping it alive with life support and a blood transfusion but seriously Gene Roddenberry died almost 20 years ago and my opinion i think they should let the series die with him in peace and gracefully

my 2 cents
kami