PDA

View Full Version : 500 gig over bandwidth

siosios
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
this month. enjoy the skins while you can becuase those will more then likely come off soon.

sio

Natalya
01-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Sio it's probably the maps. People download skins one time, but new maps gotta get downloaded by every1 and are much larger than skins. Is this bigger than December? Also, including the Zombie Mod zombie skins, some zm-specific files, and the admin sounds, the total DL on that server is 21 MB.

siosios
01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
by 100 gig

yes

Natalya
01-28-2009, 10:10 PM
If I remove the three largest skins (in terms of file size) ZM gets down to a 13.5MB DL... Is this acceptable?

*EDIT*
12.2MB... I forgot to compress one of the bigger textures on a skin of mine and have now fixed it. Also, I was calculating some of the Zombie skins as uncompressed when the DL server has them compressed.

enderless
01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
The new server (CAL rotation) would probably contribute to this. Most ppl might not have all of the CAL maps...

JinkoNeko
01-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Well bummer guess I shouldn't have logged in for once today lol gettin on to find bad news. Just curious, how much are you paying for bandwidth for the zm server? Well hope not too much change lol.

Jackd
02-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I was talking to Soopa and he said the same thing as Ender said.

It might be too late already but maybe we can have at least the admins and some regs go to FPSBANANA > Maps (http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/) and download the maps instead of downloading on the server.

Plus it is much faster! :D

The new server (CAL rotation) would probably contribute to this. Most ppl might not have all of the CAL maps...

Havoc
02-01-2009, 11:54 AM
yeah the cal rotation probably had to do a lot with that, I know I d/l'd a decent number of the maps through the server. I'll fps banana the rest though to do my part.