de_dust2
de_contra
de_train
de_cpl_strike
de_cpl_mill
de_nuke
de_season
de_inferno

Those should be the only maps on the server right now and they should rotate in this order as well. This is the cal maps that will be played this season so im sure these will be the maps people will be looking for. All the other maps should go.

-Donkey#

donkey
01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
oyes, and the Ranks need to go as well.

-Donkey#

BioHaZarD69
01-14-2009, 02:55 PM
agreed all other maps accept what donkey has mentioned should go and the final battle ground should not be enabled.

also eliminate any adverts with the acception of the NU website / donations and vent info.

admins need to be a little less strict on some issues like spamming and chat spamming it will drive away the CAL players they like to talk shit... let them {just no racial stuff and no large amounts of spamming...admins discretion i guess}

also could we get a vent channel with 2 sub channels 1 for T and 1 for CT please.

we need to get rid of team swap also lets basically set it up like a scrim server.

Hunter80Proof
01-14-2009, 03:44 PM
also stuff liek source radio and hit damage need to fall out i hate that stuff

Fiendzor
01-14-2009, 03:49 PM
I totally agree with donkey. While this is a pub, it's still a CAL rotation, and we won't be attracting anybody with erroneous little fun addons there.

-Dr. Fiendasaurus Rex., Server PhD

AwpsandKnives
01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
I agree on the maps, roatation doesn't matter tho. I think people like to play certain maps and if we allow voting those maps will play more. The damage pop-ups need to go. Source radio can come off I don't think it gets used. And unless its HLstats rank needs to go. Vent channel(s) would be nice. As for the rest I can't disagree more. This is a N/U pub it has already attracted alot of people, we treat it like the rest of our servers. WE don't want to, just attract cal people, but everyone. This is still just a pub to hang out and get better.

donkey
01-14-2009, 08:21 PM
everything sounds good but do not allow voting on the maps. Thats stupid and it can be used way to much and it can drive people away. The way i see it is why put voting? every map is 30 minutes long im sure a few people can wait.

I vote NO on Map votes.

-Donkey#

AwpsandKnives
01-14-2009, 08:39 PM
then sit in the server and poputlate it. Everytime the mpa changes to soemthing people don't like they leave. I'll be playing get something to eat, there will be like 10 people in the server. I get back its on cbble and everyones gone? You think they will wait but they won't. I mean i personally don't care as long as people will stay and play.

kamikaze_bad_ass
01-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Well it's suppose to be cal-o only maps and i agree with donkey that it needs to be a cal server not a random map server where that maps change to ppls prefrence never gonna get good for cal till you go by there rules not nit picking only the ones we like

AwpsandKnives
01-14-2009, 09:16 PM
It wouldn't be random it would be vote for maps, but only be cal maps. Its a simple fact that people won't play what they don't like. We are talking about a pub server not a private server.

emptyclipz
01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
uh i vote yes to take of the damage mods, i dont really see a problem for the ranks, my idea is it should be the cal map rotation the same it is on the site and maybe switch maps after one team gets ten overall wins?

siosios
01-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Round Map Date
Preseason 1 de_cpl_fire 1/11/09
Preseason 2 de_scorch 1/14/09
Week 1 de_dust2 1/19/09
Week 2 de_contra 1/26/09
Week 3 de_train 2/2/09
Week 4 de_cpl_strike 2/9/09
Week 5 de_cpl_mill 2/16/09
Week 6 de_nuke 2/23/09
Week 7 de_season 3/2/09
Week 8 de_inferno 3/9/09

is the maps for the CAL-o season and this is the map rotation:

de_cpl_fire
de_scorch
de_cbble
de_contra
de_cpl_strike
de_dust2
de_cpl_mill
de_train
de_inferno
de_season
de_nuke

the order they come in on the server has no relevance to anything.

as for the other things mentioned, i must remind you that i am NOT done working on this server as i only set it up in an hour and didnt have time to take it much further then what you have now. perfection takes time to which right now i am limited as i am working 14 hours a day in real life.

siosios

AwpsandKnives
01-14-2009, 11:11 PM
We LOVE you siosios, thank you for your hard work. I think the server is great! Whenever you can get around to the other stuff we will be thankful. I hope that things calm down in your real life, too much work sux, and don't let us add to your work.

donkey
01-15-2009, 09:45 AM
ahahaha koopa i think your the best at kissing ass. Thanks sio it looks good so far.

-Donkey#

POW
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
de_dust2
de_contra
de_train
de_cpl_strike
de_cpl_mill
de_nuke
de_season
de_inferno

Those should be the only maps on the server right now and they should rotate in this order as well. This is the cal maps that will be played this season so im sure these will be the maps people will be looking for. All the other maps should go.

-Donkey#

i agree with donkey on the maps, but doesn't need to go in that order. The damage box needs to go. i also agree with soopa on that this is a pub, we appeal to all players, just not cal players, that is why this place is called N/U!

easytarget
01-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah, dmg box thing isn't good IMO. Take out scorch and fire and put in russka and tuscan. Fire will never be played in a real cal/cevo match ever again I do believe. Though tuscan is really like mill, that is the map played in cevo. Scorch is just a preseason map that is not in any rotation atm.

~Easy

BioHaZarD69
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
hey sios i know your real busy in real life with work and all...so am i actually but if i can help out with any configs or anything let me know ive setup a few server in my day and i would be glad to help out...lemme know.

Havoc
01-17-2009, 12:34 PM
is this server actually up and running yet? I see that sio is still working on it but idk if its playable at all yet

if it is what IP is it, I couldn't find it in my quick search :/

siosios
01-17-2009, 12:41 PM
74.86.117.157:27015 Cal Match N00B Unlimited (100 TIC)

Havoc
01-17-2009, 12:42 PM
ahh ty sio

NoSympathy
01-24-2009, 07:42 PM
all of the warning things need to go (they say stuff like interesting in joining W0rd post on the forums, etc). would also suggest turning friendly fire on

Natalya
01-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Okay, took them off.

NoSympathy
01-29-2009, 02:30 PM
thanks nat and sio :D