PDA

View Full Version : There should be a set rules list for admins

Shizzle
12-19-2008, 10:09 PM
There should be a set rules list for admins so they are all on the same page.I mean come on I was just on the Dust 2 server and there were at least 10 players all kicked because we were told to adjust our rates.Now I have been playing on the server for months and have never been told this before.I didn't even know how to change my rates.When I typed in !rates and was reading how I was kicked.Guess what I was so mad I didn't bother to rejoin the server.It seems lately the server is getting to be less fun.It clearly states you have until 1:30 to get out of spawn and go for the objective but now there people bashing one another like 15 seconds into a round.

Kumar I like you but seriously that came accross as being trigger happy to just kick everyone.I didn't even have enough time to read how to adjust my rates and try to do it before I was kicked.There no better way to kill activity on a server then to kick almost everyone there without even given them a chance to do what you demanded we do.

NoSympathy
12-20-2008, 01:19 AM
If you needed help you should have said something rather than sit and wait. I'm going to assume that Kumar didn't do it 30 seconds after he said you need to fix your rates for the first time. While I do agree that kicking everyone who has messed up rates might be extreme, sometimes it's the only way to get a point across.

Penatrater
12-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I will speak to the admins about this issue today. I have been working all week and haven't seen anyone on really. When you play in our servers we want you to have nothing but fun, And to keep coming back.

siosios
12-20-2008, 11:09 AM
hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Shizzle
12-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Could someone please explain to me about adjusting my rates.Like if I follow the instructions and change them to what it says to play on the server,then how will it affect me if I join other servers that are lets say a 100 tic server.I honestly just play on the server for fun and never got into adjusting rates and such so Im kinda hesitant about changing settings to play on one server.If I join a 100 tic server for instance then what would I change my rates to for that.Other servers dont have instructions for this so I have no idea what the settings would be to play on other servers if I change things to play on this server.
I know it may sound noobish but I mean theres a lot of people like myself that just play with whatever the default seetings are and dont even know about changing them.
I do find it very hard to understand that I have been playing regularly on the server since around September usually finishing within the top 50 in points in each month and have never had a problem before or been told by anyone to adjust my rates so why all of a sudden did it become a issue?

NoSympathy
12-20-2008, 12:45 PM
All admins do their job differently, some care about rates some do not. That's part of knowing them, so not changing your rates is understandable.
I didn't know how to change my rates for the first year or so that I played:p. Anyhow, you need to enable console first. After you do that, open it up, and type in these three commands, seperately.
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
rate 30000
Rates just basically make your playing more smooth.

emptyclipz
12-20-2008, 01:47 PM
i have my rates just as symp put them up and i run fine on all servers and never get told my anyone to adjust them so use those and u should be good

enderless
12-20-2008, 02:27 PM
As long as you have a decent comp, use the rates that Nosymp posted (for 100 tic servers). When you join a 66 tic server (such as N|U) the server will automatically scroll back all your rates to the 66 standard.

Penatrater
12-20-2008, 02:38 PM
OK.. from my understanding Kumar was trying to get several people to fix there rates. It went on for a half hour before he started kicking people. That's his job and he did it. Its in the MOTD and flashes in game every five minutes. I think People were ignoring him or thought there rates was fine. From now on we will try our best too talk people through to correct the rate problem. And BTW if you know the admin in the servers you should add them to friends. Then use a PM to get it solved that way. All of the Admins know and can send you what to put in console.

Kumar
12-20-2008, 03:28 PM
I did not mean to offend anyone. I warned everyone several times that if they didn't fix their rates they would be kicked. I am not trigger happy at all. I am very lenient on everything but when over half the people have messed up rates and everyone was complaining something had to be done. Tx_outlaw was sitting in spec telling everyone before I even did. We also posted that the command !rates told you everything you needed. Some people fixed them while others didn't. I just went thru the !rate list and kicked all with messed up rates. People were blowing me off so I took action.

AwpsandKnives
12-20-2008, 07:27 PM
The rules are in the motd, but I think it was linked to a pic on the old website, and not coming up in game right now? sios? And btw there is a list of rules we follow, It is/was in the admin section. So you can't see them. I guess someone can post them in the public sections if you want. I don't take rates as being a big thing, but if I ask them to be fixed I expect it to be done. Just like if I ask you not to use your mic, or some other bullshit. The only reason this becomes a big deal is if several people complain about it. I personally don't sit in the rate menu cycling through everyone. Once again I blame valve for not allowing servers to change clients rates, that is the reason alot of people didn't know what they were for a long time.

BioHaZarD69
12-20-2008, 07:45 PM
yes everyone with messed up rates were warned multiple times and told how to change them a few different times but only some changed them....this went on for a good 30 to 45 minutes before people started getting kicked.

we want people to keep coming back and to have fun...but how much fun is it for people to try and shoot another player that is skipping all over the map because their rates are screwwed up..so thats why we like people to set their rates accordingly, so everyone is having fun and not trying to shoot at people skipping all over the map.

Shizzle
12-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Well it was actually like 5 minutes from the time of the warnings to the time everyone got kicked.All anyone would have to do is look at admin logs to see that.I played out one round after I was asked to change rates and then was kicked.I had already been playing on the server for quite a while for the warning came.There was at least 10 people all told to fix rates by admin,then no more then 5 minutes after the list of players were all kicked one after another.Not posting this for the sake of starting an argument but I can tell you for a fact I played out one round after the warning and then was actually reading how to change my rates when I was kicked.

Penatrater
12-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Again man i would like to say that i did talk with Kumar and he told me that it was a on-going battle with people in the server that night. After he said it the last time he just went down the list kicking everyone with bad rates. I really think you just came into it right in the middle of everything. We all know your a great player and a asset to us in n00b Unlimited, To avoid any future issues or questions hop in vent and shoot away. Our Admins are always in there and would love to help out a n00b.

Take care buddy and see you in dust 2 soon !!

Pen.

ThirtySeven
12-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Is there a way to setup the server whereas when you join rates are all set to server reqs.?:)